TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Help Please... bad case of E.S.S.

i8yrvpr

I said goodbye to my 03 cobra last night as the new buyer came to pick it up. I now have 6 to 8 weeks to wait before my gt 500 comes in... I have a severe case of Empty Stable Syndrome. I loved my terminator and I need you guys to tell me how great my gt500 will be. I didn't make a mistake by giving her up, did I? I know I need to get it together and that I'm acting like a little girl, but the vision of my cobras tailights leaving is still fresh in my mind. Is there anybody else that gave up their terminator for a shelby?

I said goodbye to my 03 cobra last night as the new buyer came to pick it up. I now have 6 to 8 weeks to wait before my gt 500 comes in... I have a severe case of Empty Stable Syndrome. I loved my terminator and I need you guys to tell me how great my gt500 will be. I didn't make a mistake by giving her up, did I? I know I need to get it together and that I'm acting like a little girl, but the vision of my cobras tailights leaving is still fresh in my mind. Is there anybody else that gave up their terminator for a shelby?

Been there and done that. Sold my 98 Vorteched Cobra in March of 2006 to provide the down payment on the GT500. Ordered in march, finally delivered in December. Was 9 VERY LONG months. My co-workers were quite tired of hearing about it. On Dec. 13th, none of that mattered and yes, it was worth it. I cannot describe the pride of ownership this car comes with nor the enjoyment of the driving experience. But the looks from others and the KNOWING there is very little that can mess with you.....priceless.

Its going to be a long wait. It will be worth it in the end.

yep, sold my 03 in december. it was a great car. But the GT500 is awesome, got mine in June. worth the wait.

Your Shelby will be great! Plus it will look much better than the 03 interior. I know it must have been tough. I can not imagine the feeling of ever getting rid of my 04. I will just have to wait and wait before getting a Shelby. HEy...and I just got my 04 2 months ago and I am in love. When you get your GT500...play Peaches & Herb - Reunited. That should help! Hey....GT500 is just your newer cobra....just think of it as a little Nip & Tuck!

This is dejavu. I sold my 03 Termie so I could my Shelby. I have no regrets at all.

Feel better :happy feet:

I didn't give up a termie, but I did give up 2 classics. One was a pristine '66 vert show car. The other was an open track '66 coupe, weighed in at 2,400# with 350hp. Owned them for 30 and 15 years respectively.

I've had my GT500 for 9 mos now and have absolutely no regrets! I would do it over again in a heartbeat.

Thanks to all you guys for your kind responses. I miss my car alot, but the delivery date on my shelby is getting close and I am feeling alot better. I might even get on the phone and order some parts to have waiting when the car hits the ground. Thanks again,

Dan

Archived