TEAM SHELBY FORUM

got my vin

ok i need some help...talked to the dealer today they gave me my vin and told me the car was in production--vapor with black, the dealer stated that the car will go to las vegas when it is done at ford, i thought the GT500 didn't go to vegas and if it does for what? if it does not how long do you think it will take, and if it does how long do you think it will take?

Geeeeeeeeeeee i don't think it go to las vegas as far as I no . when did you order your Car what date ? all so did he give you a build date and if so what is it ? thanks scs1

i forget when i ordered it but he called me up about three months ago and said it would be built in july

The gt500's do go to another location for striping don't they. I don't think it is vegas but they go to another factory to have the stripes added, right?

The striping plant is basically across the street from the car plant.

AAI recently installed a striping machine on the production line from what I have been told from an inside worker I met last week.

So then there shouldn't be the hold-ups like we had for striping on the '07's right? Not if they are doing them in line.

Correct!

The guy that told me this actually searched me out when he was in my hometown :ohsnap:

I was at the local car wash washing the Shelby down (Again) when a Ford Explorer pulled up behind me when I was drying it off. The guy rolled down his window & said "Excuse me, are you Coldwaterhotrod?" :ohsnap::ohsnap:

AHhhh.... yes?

I thought so, I have been reading your post for sometime now. :ohsnap: just then I got a vision of :fan:

Well.... things turrned out to be ok.... he said that he worked at AAI & wanted to know how I liked my car? I said :wub: it. We chatted of for awhile & come to find out he has a second home near my parents house on the Lake & he was in town because the plant was shut down for 2 weeks. I asked about the stripes being done off site & since he worked in another area (another plant next door) that assembled the entire rear ends, he said he was pretty sure that the new stripe machine was installed to help with the bottlenecking problem.

Small world isn't it?

AAI recently installed a striping machine on the production line from what I have been told from an inside worker I met last week.

Good, maybe that will cut my wait time. Bring on my Shelby!!!!!

ok i need some help...talked to the dealer today they gave me my vin and told me the car was in production--vapor with black, the dealer stated that the car will go to las vegas when it is done at ford, i thought the GT500 didn't go to vegas and if it does for what? if it does not how long do you think it will take, and if it does how long do you think it will take?

marie, your car (assuming it's a GT500 and not a Shelby GT) should not go to Vegas. Does your VIN begin with either 1ZVHT88 or 1ZVHT89? If so, it's a GT500, and I would recommend you triple check with your dealer about his statement, because I know of one person who's car was sent to Vegas when it should not have been :redcard: ...a boo boo on the part of the dealer.

I would then call the Ford line (look in the FAQ sticky on the new arrivals forum for this) and ask for status. Have your VIN ready. Then report back to us on the status and we can let you know what's going on. From the time the car first enters the line, it may take 2 weeks to 2 months to get to you...it depends on a lot of factors. One of the largest factors is how far you live from the plant....so where are you? If you're in San Diego it may take 10 days on a train. If you're in Fort Wayne Indiana it may only take a car hauler 3 hours to get to your dealer.

Dave

marie, your car (assuming it's a GT500 and not a Shelby GT) should not go to Vegas. Does your VIN begin with either 1ZVHT88 or 1ZVHT89? If so, it's a GT500, and I would recommend you triple check with your dealer about his statement, because I know of one person who's car was sent to Vegas when it should not have been :redcard: ...a boo boo on the part of the dealer.

I would then call the Ford line (look in the FAQ sticky on the new arrivals forum for this) and ask for status. Have your VIN ready. Then report back to us on the status and we can let you know what's going on. From the time the car first enters the line, it may take 2 weeks to 2 months to get to you...it depends on a lot of factors. One of the largest factors is how far you live from the plant....so where are you? If you're in San Diego it may take 10 days on a train. If you're in Fort Wayne Indiana it may only take a car hauler 3 hours to get to your dealer.

Dave

dave,

thanks, the vin does start with 1ZVHT88 were do i find the faq sticker on the new arrivals, and the number for ford, this is really starting to get exciting.

Dave

Dave,

i called the build date was the 17th, she stated that it should arrive between 8 to the 15 of august, i am in dallas tx but the car will be delivered to housten

Dave,

i called the build date was the 17th, she stated that it should arrive between 8 to the 15 of august, i am in dallas tx but the car will be delivered to housten

That sounds a bit quick, but not out of the realm of possibility. Let me add a word of caution....

The dates they tell you are only estimates based on the system they have. The people that give you the info are just looking at a screen, and often those dates are days or even weeks old for some reason. I received my car on January 3rd, 2007. Just for kicks I called them on January 4th and asked about my delivery date. They said it should arrive the week of January 15th. :hysterical2: If you look at my signature below this note you'll see another interesting tidbit.

I'd recommend that about a week prior to the date they give, start calling your dealer about every 2 days. Ask him/her to look for a rail car number on their system. They typically start with ETTX.....

Once you get that, post it on here and some people can help you track the car on the train.

Dave

That sounds a bit quick, but not out of the realm of possibility. Let me add a word of caution....

The dates they tell you are only estimates based on the system they have. The people that give you the info are just looking at a screen, and often those dates are days or even weeks old for some reason. I received my car on January 3rd, 2007. Just for kicks I called them on January 4th and asked about my delivery date. They said it should arrive the week of January 15th. :hysterical2: If you look at my signature below this note you'll see another interesting tidbit.

I'd recommend that about a week prior to the date they give, start calling your dealer about every 2 days. Ask him/her to look for a rail car number on their system. They typically start with ETTX.....

Once you get that, post it on here and some people can help you track the car on the train.

Dave

I hate to be "the fly in the ointment" but i ordered my 07 GT500 April 17, build date 5/16, ramp release 6/16 and still no car and it's only going to Southern Indiana

good luck though

Stent

dave,

thanks, the vin does start with 1ZVHT88 were do i find the faq sticker on the new arrivals, and the number for ford, this is really starting to get exciting.

marie, here is the thread I spoke of....

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...ost&p=47753

Some of the responses are a bit dated, but most of it is still valid. I should probably update the entire thread sometime soon.

Dave

I hate to be "the fly in the ointment" but i ordered my 07 GT500 April 17, build date 5/16, ramp release 6/16 and still no car and it's only going to Southern Indiana

good luck though

Stent

That's exactly what I mean...the variation can be WILDLY different...and there's no obvious reason.

That's exactly what I mean...the variation can be WILDLY different...and there's no obvious reason.

I knew that's what you meant Dave,

Don't forget, I'm in the Bloomington area so as soon as we get our car we're doing a meet and greet and maybe a short cruise of some sort. Remember, we we're looking for you at the Spring Fling and missed hooking up.

Stent

I knew that's what you meant Dave,

Don't forget, I'm in the Bloomington area so as soon as we get our car we're doing a meet and greet and maybe a short cruise of some sort. Remember, we we're looking for you at the Spring Fling and missed hooking up.

Stent

OH yeah...that was YOU. My wife and I could use a trip to Bloomington in the Mustang. :happy feet: Hopefully you get your car before the weather turns bad.

Dave

Archived