TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Should I Drive my 2019 GT350 as a daily

DatShelby19

I finally purchased a new 2019 Ford GT350 and looking for some feedback as to weather I should drive my GT350 as a daily from  April - mid September.  I live in the PNW and really can't see myself driving her unless I change out the tires.

I do own a Audi A6 and enjoying it but this this Shelby is just a amazing beast.

Any feedback from anyone who wants to share there opinion is cool with me.

Chloe.jpg

We have some really bad weather for a rear wheel drive car. We drive our F150 most of the time, because it has AWD ability. It all comes down to what you intend to do with your Shelby. Keep miles down and enjoy it when the weather allows. Or drive the heck out of it and hope for the best with all the idiots on the road !

4 hours ago, DatShelby19 said:

I finally purchased a new 2019 Ford GT350 and looking for some feedback as to weather I should drive my GT350 as a daily from  April - mid September.  I live in the PNW and really can't see myself driving her unless I change out the tires.

I do own a Audi A6 and enjoying it but this this Shelby is just a amazing beast.

Any feedback from anyone who wants to share there opinion is cool with me.

Chloe.jpg

Congratulations on your new ride! :thumbsup:

I say drive it! It's your car, you paid for it with your money. Remember this: Make sure the car serves YOU and not the other way around. 

I highly recommend Michelin Pilot Sport A/S3+ tires. They are all-season tires with 500 tread wear. And you can still use them on a track!

How many miles do you have on it already?  If it's more than 3 and isn't still in its plastic wrapper, and if you bought it thinking it was "an investment" then that horse has already left the barn.  Ford made way too many of these for them, with anything but delivery miles and delivery condition, to every be worth anything even in your heirs lifetimes.  So you'd just as well drive it and enjoy it. 

Here are a couple of thoughts to ponder.

Carroll always said these cars are built to be driven.

Ask the owners of the 2007 Shelby GT500 how it worked out for them by not driving the car and then selling the car for thousands less than they paid for it

But more importantly it is your car. Drive it, don't drive it, that's a decision only you can make.

Steven

PS - Hopefully you will be attending the Mustang Round-up taking place today through Sunday. If so stop by the Shelby American trailer and say hi to the Shelby American Team.

There a couple 16/17 GT350 cars in my neighborhood that are daily drivers.  Their value is comparable to a nice Porsche, BMW, Corvette and other higher priced rides, which are also on the road as daily drivers. if you want to just look at the car in the garae, get a posteer for the wall to look at.  Otherwise, get out and enjoy the special toy as much as possible.

All I can tell you is what my dad would say to me when I bought my 08 Shelby GT,  "you are going to use it, not abuse it."  Oh by the way my dad would know he is the original owner of a 1966 GT 350 with 43,000 original miles on it.  Again used but not abused.  Best of luck of whatever you decide on.