TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 just kill it

Why Ford lets this happen is a good way to lose your loyal customers

I seen on ebay last night 3 2020 GT500's and first dealer wants $135k and the second one wants $150k and the third was an auction price on top of MSRP and it was at $30k over umm WTF if you pay that you are stupid! Ford got ripped when they allowed this to happen before and even if you have the deep pockets this is absurd cause in that price range you might as well get a Porsche 911 or AMG GT R,  even used Ferrari's but these prices are ridiculous as its still a Mustang

I inquired with some dealers I know but at those prices nah I will pass instead gonna buy a 2019 Cadillac CTS-V and first time going to the Dark Side

1 hour ago, 39Mustang said:

Why Ford lets this happen is a good way to lose your loyal customers

I seen on ebay last night 3 2020 GT500's and first dealer wants $135k and the second one wants $150k and the third was an auction price on top of MSRP and it was at $30k over umm WTF if you pay that you are stupid! Ford got ripped when they allowed this to happen before and even if you have the deep pockets this is absurd cause in that price range you might as well get a Porsche 911 or AMG GT R,  even used Ferrari's but these prices are ridiculous as its still a Mustang

I inquired with some dealers I know but at those prices nah I will pass instead gonna buy a 2019 Cadillac CTS-V and first time going to the Dark Side

I could not agree more.  The 2 cars you mention are so much nicer then the GT500 it’s not even close.  Anyone that pays that is foolish.  Even the Audi R8, Lexus LC500, Jaguar S-Type, used Viper GTS, I can go on and on.  You can’t sell a car, at least to me, over or even close to $100K with the fit and finish of the Mustang, I don’t care how powerful it is.

You do not need to buy one. Many comments about pricing and ADM of the 2007-14 GT500 (primarily early orders of the 2007), Boss 302 LS, 2016 GT350 and 350R had similar comments, but Ford sold even with silly pricing because some people gotta have them at any price.  So this new Ford performance pony will sell as well.  Also happened with the new releases of high HP and special edition Corvettes, Vipers and Viper GTS, Dodge Hellcats, etc.  Sorta like those who wait in line for first showings of a just released movie even though it will be the same movie showing a few months later without a long line.  The first buyers to show off their new 2020 GT500 will loads of attention for a few months and not mention the cost.

I prefer to see what the independent testing and reviews dictate.  And also, should I want the car, I wait until the ADM no longer exists.  I have never paid over MSRP, even frequently below, for a car, including Shelby and Ford performance rides.  But that is just me.😎

The car is a Shelby GT500, a brand-new design and hasn't been released yet- why are you guys surprised?!? :nonono:

Still much cooler than the cars you mention. Improved fit and/or finish notwithstanding. The market dictates the price, fools or not. 

Gotta love the comments from the "enthusiasts" in here. 

2 hours ago, Secondo said:

The car is a Shelby GT500, a brand-new design and hasn't been released yet- why are you guys surprised?!? :nonono:

Still much cooler than the cars you mention. Improved fit and/or finish notwithstanding. The market dictates the price, fools or not. 

Gotta love the comments from the "enthusiasts" in here. 

:thumbsup:

Judging by the enthusiasm about this car on the "Team Shelby" forum I would say the ADM's will not last long.  The New Corvette subject has significantly more posts in one day then this new release has had since it was announced, and that is on this forum.

Personally I am not surprised, it was to be expected, I also think they will learn fast that the demand for ADM's will wear out fast.  Time will tell, but history shows that will be the case.

I never said the new GT500 wasn't an amazing car Mustang or not it is and it will run circles around ones costing far more, but Ford seems to forget why the Mustang is so loved just not here but from S. America to New Zealand to Japan and to Europe even Dubai they love the Shelby cars and trucks but these dealers putting these absurd prices with Ford not even caring I guarantee at least 85 percent of the 2020 GT500's will be bought by extremely wealthy people and not true Mustang fanatics and this crap keeps going on. Do you realize there are at least 5 dealers who still have their 2015 Mustang GT 50th Annv. cars because they put a $65k price on it and no one was biting

I will wait for 2021

1 hour ago, carnut12 said:

Judging by the enthusiasm about this car on the "Team Shelby" forum I would say the ADM's will not last long.  The New Corvette subject has significantly more posts in one day then this new release has had since it was announced, and that is on this forum.

Personally I am not surprised, it was to be expected, I also think they will learn fast that the demand for ADM's will wear out fast.  Time will tell, but history shows that will be the case.

Comparing the on-topic discussion of the new GT500 vs the completely mindless drivel in the Corvette topic is like comparing apples and oranges.  There hasn't been anything on the corvette for a year.  It's a private facebook for a few people. 

Every model year's early releases were accompanied by huge ADMs and they just dropped steadily until eventually you could get one below MSRP.  That won't be any different this time.

Edited by twobjshelbys

16 hours ago, carnut12 said:

The "C8 Corvette" topic is the TS troll Facebook page. TS has the least amount of enthusiasm for Shelby products that I have ever seen on the internet. I wouldn't use this site for an enthusiasm gauge on the new car, unfortunately. 

The ADM's really don't matter- be happy that a company makes a car worthy of a market adjustment. If you have to have one now- I have a saying- "You wanna play, you gotta pay!"

So, comparing a $73K car with a market adjustment to $100K+ cars isn't a fair comparison, and then criticizing it is just not right.

15 hours ago, 39Mustang said:

I never said the new GT500 wasn't an amazing car Mustang or not it is and it will run circles around ones costing far more, but Ford seems to forget why the Mustang is so loved just not here but from S. America to New Zealand to Japan and to Europe even Dubai they love the Shelby cars and trucks but these dealers putting these absurd prices with Ford not even caring I guarantee at least 85 percent of the 2020 GT500's will be bought by extremely wealthy people and not true Mustang fanatics and this crap keeps going on. Do you realize there are at least 5 dealers who still have their 2015 Mustang GT 50th Annv. cars because they put a $65k price on it and no one was biting

I will wait for 2021

:talkhand:

Please stop the whining! Ford manufactures the vehicles. So good, in fact, that they demand a market adjustment. The dealers have every right to mark them up. And if they don't mark them back down again to follow the market, well that's their problem- the car sits unsold. Complain to the dealer owner. If you don't want to pay an ADM, it's really quite simple- YOU HAVE TO WAIT FOR THE MARKET TO ADJUST, NOT COMPLAIN ABOUT FORD AND CRITICIZE THE CAR!! You got your automatic Shelby, now be happy, wait a few months and buy one! 

I hoped that this site had true enthusiasts that discussed the great cars Ford and Shelby American are producing but don't see it much anymore. Even when Ford hits a grand-slam homerun with a new GT350 AND GT500, people still complain.

23 minutes ago, Secondo said:

I hoped that this site had true enthusiasts that discussed the great cars Ford and Shelby American are producing but don't see it much anymore. Even when Ford hits a grand-slam homerun with a new GT350 AND GT500, people still complain.

This situation is not limited to Ford. Were there not ADM's on Chrysler's Demon & Hellcats? Were there not ADM's on Corvette ZR1's? Heck weren't there ADM's on the new Volkswagen Beetle that is now out of production due to low sales?

But there is a solution. For anyone that doesn't want to pay an ADM for the new GT500 why not just purchase a Mustang GT at below sticker and let Shelby American build you something much rarer. The 2020 GT500 is a great Shelby but it isn't the only Shelby out there.

Steven

9 hours ago, Secondo said:

The "C8 Corvette" topic is the TS troll Facebook page. TS has the least amount of enthusiasm for Shelby products that I have ever seen on the internet. I wouldn't use this site for an enthusiasm gauge on the new car, unfortunately. 

The ADM's really don't matter- be happy that a company makes a car worthy of a market adjustment. If you have to have one now- I have a saying- "You wanna play, you gotta pay!"

So, comparing a $73K car with a market adjustment to $100K+ cars isn't a fair comparison, and then criticizing it is just not right.

I agree 100%, well stated.

Hilarious post …., The OP should ask himself why he paid so much for his Terlingua……..by his own logic, he sorta trolled himself and is kind of calling himself a fool too,…….because the S550 Terlingua package  was $66K base plus the base car at approx. $35k  which made that "Mustang"  easily well above $100k+ “out the door”, and throw  some brakes and other add ons and it was easily at 120k+…….but hey, its still a Mustang.  

It sounds more like somebody is holding on to big bag of sour grapes and is hating the fact that  Ford came out with something for a lot less money with more hp, and much better handling and it will likely smoke the Terlingua. The new Ford Shelby GT500 is an excellent value for what it offers. You can’t really blame Ford for what the dealers are doing. Saying Ford doesn’t care is just not fair or even accurate. Manufacturers can not legally dictate price to a dealer. That’s why it is called MSRP…….the “S” stands for “Suggested”, not “Shall be”. Plenty of dealers will be trying to get ADM, plenty will be willing to Sell at MSRP or less.

Do the math: 750 hp Terlingua easily $100k to 120k+ “out the door”….So what if it might be “rare”, big deal, …….by the OP's logic...... its still a Mustang.

Now pick a New 2020 GT500

$70,300 Base

$1095 Destination and Delivery

$2600 Gas Guzzler

$18,500 track pack

$92, 495 Total

Add in about $4k to 6k for tax, title tag (depending on the state you live in) and you are “out the door” for about $96 to $98K with a track or drag strip beast that is comfortable for daily driving as well. Good Job Ford. Hope SAI has some “Super Snakey” plans for this car.

Edited by mhr1961

The off topic ...C8 Thread was started by me a 75% Ford and 25% GM enthusiasts. 

I have owned more old and new Shelby’s then I can count . The thread is a group of people who own lots of different makes. But I will say everyone on that site had or currently has a Shelby product. I’ve owned 8 Shelby products SGT,SGT-H and KR’s in the past 12 years..... 3 KR’s for Pete sakes. All colors except silver. .:dance: Own a KR now. Just sold her  

Edited by mach 1 1970

51 minutes ago, mach 1 1970 said:

The off topic ...C8 Thread was started by me a 75% Ford and 25% GM enthusiasts. 

I have owned more old and new Shelby’s then I can count. The Off topic and C8 thread as far as corvette news will come to an end after next week. Reveal this Thursday . The thread is a group of people who own lots of different makes. But I will say everyone on that site had or currently has a Shelby product. I’ve owned 8 Shelby products SGT,SGT-H and KR’s in the past 12 years..... 3 KR’s for Pete sakes. Own a KR now. 

My first Shelby was a real deal 66 GT 350 in 1982 and a few 69/70 GT500’s and GT350’s that’s not counting the 8 current Shelby products I purchased. So yeah I’m a Shelby fan old and new. 

The thread will continue but will get back to Shelby products after next week. Yes it will be active but not much C8 anymore. Look forward to what Shelby builds next ....:rockon:   So if you don’t want to pay ADMs buy a Mustang GT at $8K off sticker and have Shelby build you a Shelby. Smart move IMO. 

That thread is about 10% about the C8, and 90% about anything and everything else.  On Topic is something that doesn't happen very often.

• 3 months later...