TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 MRSP Finally Released, who’s getting one????

Looks like $74K to start, I think that isn’t too bad, but I guess it depends on what options are stock.  After looking more it looks like the one I would order would be around $80K, I would want the electronics package $3K, handling package $1500, and Carbon Dash $1000.  Possibly the black top $695 instead of stripes and maybe the Recaro seats $1595.  Last might be Twister Orange which adds $495.  I guess that equals closer to $82K.

PLEASE offer wheels that aren’t black, the black wheel craze is getting old fast...

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/a28221698/2020-ford-shelby-gt500-msrp-options/

Edited by carnut12

There are a couple of YouTube videos out there on people ordering today. This one, at 13:30 shows a order sheet (highlighter with the options this guy ordered).  

Edited by mfield2a

1 hour ago, Jeffrey Duncan said:

I put mine on order yesterday, got Rapid Red, Tech Package, Handling package, CF instrument panel, Vinyl Strips over the top and side in black. Got just for a little over MSRP very happy now the waiting begins. 

Congrats! Post some pics when you get it home.

9 hours ago, Jeffrey Duncan said:

I put mine on order yesterday, got Rapid Red, Tech Package, Handling package, CF instrument panel, Vinyl Strips over the top and side in black. Got just for a little over MSRP very happy now the waiting begins. 

Outstanding it’s crazy this is a Shelby forum and no one is even posting about this car.  Congrats!!!!!

3 hours ago, 1 Alibi 2 said:

May be an indication of the interest in the 2020, I know I have none..

What makes you not interested in this one? Maybe some of the best collaboration with others then just ford and SHELBY. The DCT could be a game changer in American muscle, Others overseas have been doing it for awhile and they have amazing machines. Yes we lose out stick shift but remember we have all grown with time does any still have a flip phone, how useful is a land line? Who does not have a microwave in the kitchen. Change is always going to happen. On the other hand if the change in styling is not what like I get it the new body style in 15 took me awhile to get on board with but now with a few tweaks over the last few years I love the new look. 

It’s still early in the release cycle. Hopefully more people will post as they order or receive their cars. In the history of Mustang the new GT500 is a fine example of Ford engineering. They delivered a well-balanced car and an excellent value to its targeted market segment. It is going to sell as well or better than the GT350. There is no doubt that a DCT is far superior to a manual stick in regard to performance. The 6gen body style is also far superior aerodynamically than any previous generations.

this is a good look at the GT500 in action, I think he starts out smoking tires to gain heat. Listen to some of the shifts they are like butter..... the body roll looks minimal and handling great. The one thing that I notice is 103MPH in 3 rd gear so that probably means 2 gears of the 7 are overdrive which will not be great for street speed or track maybe but awesome for normal driving RPMs low so sound low listening to music with that pretty blonde sitting next to you......lol

On 7/7/2019 at 7:13 AM, Jeffrey Duncan said:

What makes you not interested in this one? Maybe some of the best collaboration with others then just ford and SHELBY. The DCT could be a game changer in American muscle, Others overseas have been doing it for awhile and they have amazing machines. Yes we lose out stick shift but remember we have all grown with time does any still have a flip phone, how useful is a land line? Who does not have a microwave in the kitchen. Change is always going to happen. On the other hand if the change in styling is not what like I get it the new body style in 15 took me awhile to get on board with but now with a few tweaks over the last few years I love the new look. 

Those are the 3 MAIN reasons, also uninterested in a car biased toward track use. Hey, I hope it sells like hot cakes,.................for the sake of my Ford stock !!

4 hours ago, 1 Alibi 2 said:

Those are the 3 MAIN reasons, also uninterested in a car biased toward track use. Hey, I hope it sells like hot cakes,.................for the sake of my Ford stock !!

Copy, I too hope they sell well, I understand your points and all are valid I believe that is why ford makes many different options to pick from. If you really want straight line speed almost anything from the factory is not going to be the way to go. I have had straight line speed cars and found that moding it after market is way better, it's hard for a factory to build a chassis, tires, drive train and engine that is cost effective and a repeatable build for a large work force. My personal opinion (everyone has one so it can be good or bad) is that pro-charger makes the best supercharger for Drag racing and as far as I know no factory has put pro-chargers on cars. I have a I1 Pro-Charger on my current car and at relatively low boost it makes tremendous HP and Torque and you can always crank the boost up as long as your engine can take it. The real bang for the buck comes in when you upgrade your chassis, you can make 1000HP at the crank but if you cant get it to the ground it's just a waste of HP. I'm getting the GT500 for all the reasons you are not getting it which again I think shows that Ford is going to try to please most everyone with one option or another. I think (have no proof) that Ford will come out with a KR version that will be much better aligned with your wants and desires. it's nice to hear other peoples point of views it's what keeps the companies doing R&D to get better in all areas.  

• 2 months later...

I'm getting mine for just $10!

At least that's if I have the winning raffle ticket...

From the Barrett-Jackson auction at Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas. I can't recall if the stripes were vinyl or not. But it finally has DCT, which I'm a big fan of.

GT500 2.jpg

GT500 1.jpg

44 minutes ago, Orion said:

I'm getting mine for just $10!

At least that's if I have the winning raffle ticket...

From the Barrett-Jackson auction at Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas. I can't recall if the stripes were vinyl or not. But it finally has DCT, which I'm a big fan of.

GT500 2.jpg

GT500 1.jpg

Whoa dude!  That car's mine.  Not only did I buy 5 tickets but I let the kids pick my tickets.  I don't see how anyone else but me can win that car.

I will however, take you for a ride when I take delivery 😉

QSS