TEAM SHELBY FORUM

what should i do

I was faced with this very same dilema this past week. I had an 08 on order for $5K over, but had a dealer call me and offer an 07 for $5K over, plus 0% financing. The 07 was the exact color I was looking for and had the options I wanted. Easy decision, I am now driving, and enjoying, the 07 while I would have no idea when the 08 would be built. The issue of collectiblity never came up for me, it was about getting and enjoying the car now. When I'm driving the car, any afterthought on the 08 is loooooong gone!!!!

The encouraging thing for me in this whole thread is the dealers finally starting to remove their heads from their asses. 5k over is definitely a step in the right direction.

MSRP or bust!

If the 07 is white, take it...that's the fastest color!

If it's the same and it has the options you want, I'd take the 07. The first production year usually keeps it's value. But the next year always has all the cool options.

I put a deposit down in early 2005 and I couldn't even get a shaker 1000, much less a Nav. But then again, I'm pulling the 500 and sealing it up along with all the other parts I replace, so they will be new if it ever gets sold.

Guys i have been on here a while. You all seem like great guys .

I have a problem. I have a 2008 gt500 on order with no build date as of yet. It is for $5000.00 over sticker which i am ok with.

I got a call from a dealer that i called before looking for an 07 at the time.

He called and said that he has a 07 new 3 miles for sale. He told me he would sell it for 52000.00 .

I told him no because i can get a 08 for less then that and he asked how much would i pay . I tried to get it for Sticker but said no. So then i said 48000.00 and he said let me bring that info to his guy and call be back tonight.

Should i wait for the 08 at 5 over which i have i writing or if he calls and tells me they will take 480000. should i get the 07.

P.S. are they really anything diff about the 08 except the headlights .

Thanks guys

Personally I like the new 08 vapor color with the black stripe. What color is the 07? If you're arrangement for the 08 is firm then the dealer you ordered from would want a deposit. If you have no deposit down on the car and nothing to guarantee the purchase for the 08 in writing then you might want to pursue the 07? Some dealers are not very trust worthy. If you do have a purchase order and a deposit in on the 08 then don't expect to get out of the deal for the 08 unless the dealer is willing to do that. Also you have to compare the options and colors of the 07 and 08 for what you want and price. :finger:

It will be less than $28k. It depends on what options you'd get. I'll get the blower, CAI and 3.73 rear for sure. Still thinking about the 6 piston brakes. The car would say 40th in every other aspect. JW wouldn't quote for me since they hadn't finalized the labor and pricing for the brakes, but I said I figured in the $20k range and he concurred.

Thank you very much GT! I think you're right on the money with the options you're thinking about and a price in the 20's would be great!

Take care,

Rip

Archived