TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Alcoa 20x10 up front for a 2007 GT500

Wondering if anyone can assist?  I am looking at buying a set of Alcoa 20x10 that a fellow I know has for sale.  I am not sure if they will fit the front of a 2007 Shelby without issues.  Car has not been lowered or anything.

I have seen on other forums that they should fit fine, without a spacer, and if so, what would be a good tire size for the front?

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 9:14 AM, albertazone said:

Wondering if anyone can assist?  I am looking at buying a set of Alcoa 20x10 that a fellow I know has for sale.  I am not sure if they will fit the front of a 2007 Shelby without issues.  Car has not been lowered or anything.

I have seen on other forums that they should fit fine, without a spacer, and if so, what would be a good tire size for the front?

Yes they fit Great, I have had them on my Super Snake for about 8 or maybe 9 years with no spacers or tire contact with 275/35's.

013-zpsrznssjzl.jpg

If the search is still available for older posts here on Team Shelby, in the 2007-2012 Super Snake forum I was the first person to experiment with 10's on the front when everyone was "swearing" there was no way they would fit!

At that time many years ago I had purchased a second set of Super Snake Alcoa's for my 2008 so I was able to do measurements w/o tires in the way. Once I found that the measurement from the disc brake mounting surface to the outer face/edge of the Alcoa was the same on both 9" and 10", I knew it would work fine to use 10" on the front from an appearance standpoint, and once I installed a 275/35 on that 10" Alcoa and then mounted it on the front of my Super Snake and turned the wheels from lock to lock with no tire contact issues..........THEN I knew the nay-sayers did not know what they were talking about.

004-zpsyrjdflrk.jpg

^^^From that point I had the spare pair of 9's widened for the rear.

R

Edited by Robert M

I found my original pictures after I had measured the 9" and 10" bare Alcoa's w/o tires and then decided to "test fit" my original rear 10" Super Snake Alcoa's on the front, with the original 275/35 Pirelli P-Zero's that Shelby had installed when my car went through Las Vegas.

It looked perfect on the initial "test" install.......

Picture1952.jpg

Turned lock to lock without contact.......

Picture1943-4.jpg

Picture1944-1.jpg

.......and rolled freely with no contact against my Shelby installed Eibach Pro Street-S coil over struts.......

Picture1946.jpg

^^^Those pictures were from approx. early 2010.  I have had 10" Alcoa's on the front of my 2008 Super Snake since that time, and what a Great upgrade to the handling when I press my car into a turn!! The increase overall diameter along with the slightly wider width provided a much more sure footed feel on the front of my heavy nosed 2008 Super Snake.

R

Edited by Robert M