TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 SuperSnake rearend gasket replacement

Hello There

i am seeking any and all info i can before i attempt....i have worked on orher vehicals but never have i worked on something so high performance .....i took my car to the ford dealership when i got it bqck my rear end was leaking .I AM NEEDING TO REPLACE  THE GASKET ON  REAREND FACTORY IT COMES WITH 8.8 BUT HAD THAT ONE REPLACED IN 2014 with a 9in 

18 hours ago, NAWZ-1127 said:

Hello There

i am seeking any and all info i can before i attempt....i have worked on orher vehicals but never have i worked on something so high performance .....i took my car to the ford dealership when i got it bqck my rear end was leaking .I AM NEEDING TO REPLACE  THE GASKET ON  REAREND FACTORY IT COMES WITH 8.8 BUT HAD THAT ONE REPLACED IN 2014 with a 9in 

The original 8.8 had a cover and sealant is used to seal that original steel cover. The 9" Ford has a drop out center section/chunk/pumpkin which uses a gasket, however I would guess that a proper sealer could be used? To reseal that chunk/pumpkin the axles will have to be pulled out of the axle tubes far enough to allow the center section to be removed. I personally would buy a quality gasket (Felpro, etc.) and install it on the 9" housing studs, put the center section back into the housing and torque the center section to the correct spec. and then put the axles back in. <<If I remember correctly, the axles are held in the housing with four fasteners out on the end of each axle tube.

It will be up to you if you want to also use some sealer with the center section gasket.

R