TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Three Cobras Tops 18,000 Posts!

I agree on the seats. I wish they had a Recaro option. The OEM's are fine for straight line driving - but I find myself bracing in the turns. Oh, for some real bolsters. And - I find my butt sliding lower as I drive along.

Now - on to serious issues. What's up with the cup holder placement right behind the gear lever??? Now, That's a handy bit of engineering. :redcard:

Has anyone tried these? http://cg-lock.com/ If you do a lot of that curvy stuff, it looks like it might help. :headspin:

And skinny hiney, you need to come down to Bayou Sam's BBQ, Butt Fattening and Desert Driving School. See, the key to staying put in the seat is not having a narrower seat, it's having a wider backside. Come on down and I'll put some Texas meat on those bones. :hysterical2::hysterical: I ain't slidin nothing, 'cept maybe an oyster. :happy feet:

And I thought I was the only one that thought the cup holders were a bit awkward.

I feel about the sameabout the car overall. What an improvement over my McLaren Mustang. The only real dissapointment, the rear suspension. But that is very fixable.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did anybody feel bump steer. I felt it a couple of times while braking for a red light where the pavement was uneven and bumpy? For a muscle car this is an extremely comfortable ride with power to spare. I wish we could improve traction without using drag radials.

3 -

You might actually be describing 'tramlining'. The phenomenon is named for the streetcar tracks (tram tracks in Europe) and what happens when the car's wheels get stuck in the ruts in the tracks and pretty much steer where the tracks go. There are parts of the roads I drive every day that have mild ruts from heavy truck traffic. When the front wheels get in those ruts, the car follows without much regard for your steering wheel input. Very common with wide, sticky tires like the ones on the GT500. My Cobras (93, 01, 04) all did it too. It is even more noticeable when you brake because you load the front tires as you brake causing them to flatten and widen the tread somewhat making the phenomenon even more noticeable. Good reason never to slow down. :yup:

Has anyone tried these? http://cg-lock.com/ If you do a lot of that curvy stuff, it looks like it might help. :headspin:

And skinny hiney, you need to come down to Bayou Sam's BBQ, Butt Fattening and Desert Driving School. See, the key to staying put in the seat is not having a narrower seat, it's having a wider backside. Come on down and I'll put some Texas meat on those bones. :hysterical2::hysterical: I ain't slidin nothing, 'cept maybe an oyster. :happy feet:

And I thought I was the only one that thought the cup holders were a bit awkward.

I feel about the sameabout the car overall. What an improvement over my McLaren Mustang. The only real dissapointment, the rear suspension. But that is very fixable.

Tex-

I guess you didn't realize those craters behind the shifter are BBQ holder pits. You can just jamb a quarter-pounder samich down there (in a wrapper of course) and it won't go anywhere until your mouth is ready. It works best on a three-four or five-six shift movement. With practice you can do it in one smooth, professional movement. :yup:

Great find on the CG-Latch. I've used that chrome plated 'H'-shaped piece that's supplied with many cars (to be used on seat belts to attach kids seats) to do the same thing, but it slides a bit over time. Thanks.

Tex-

I guess you didn't realize those craters behind the shifter are BBQ holder pits. You can just jamb a quarter-pounder samich down there (in a wrapper of course) and it won't go anywhere until your mouth is ready. It works best on a three-four or five-six shift movement. With practice you can do it in one smooth, professional movement. :yup:

Great find on the CG-Latch. I've used that chrome plated 'H'-shaped piece that's supplied with many cars (to be used on seat belts to attach kids seats) to do the same thing, but it slides a bit over time. Thanks.

:redcard:

Who's going off topic now samich boy!

:hysterical2:

Who's going off topic now samich boy!

:hysterical2:

:redcard: Not my fault. I was using BBQ as a metaphor. Metaphor what, you ask? Metaphor being brainwashed by those with more than 1,000 posts on here. :tease:

We need a new measurement. Number of posts is OK, but should also have the average number of words per post counted too. Then we'd see who the heavy hitters truly are. :yup:

:redcard: Not my fault. I was using BBQ as a metaphor. Metaphor what, you ask? Metaphor being brainwashed by those with more than 1,000 posts on here. :tease:

We need a new measurement. Number of posts is OK, but should also have the average number of words per post counted too. Then we'd see who the heavy hitters truly are. :yup:

Ah, just pipe down, lighthouse boy. :rant:

And start posting more. :hysterical2:

Your assumption of the fastest color is wrong though........Blue is the fastest.

...and I was starting to think you were an intelligent guy. sheesh. :hysterical:

It takes a more intelligent mind to sift through all the hype and assumptions and get down to the facts thats why I know that Blue is the fastest. :shades:

Edited for :shades:

Now I know where all those disruptive children who sat in the back of Home Room went. They got older. Some grew up. Some ended up on this thread - whose purpose was to give the newer folks some thoughts on a car they might be considering.

Detention! With leg irons for good measure, and no web access.

Stop Snickering! :finger: Or Milky Waying for that matter.

sFun_jail.gif

This post is being made from Jail.

At least something is being done to end the scourge of low information content (LIC) postings. Barry Bonds has gotten lots of column-inches of late for allegedly using perfomance enhancing drugs to post high numbers. The LIC posting menace is far more dangerous to mental health. Here are just a few examples of this silent but deadly plague.

Up to this point in this thread, at least four different LIC practicioners have attempted to pervert the original intent of this thread - to provide hard data to those who haven't had their cars that long, or who are considering buying one in this ADM-ravaged time.

One of those LICers, whose profession includes molding young minds, used a total of 311 words in 16 posts, for an average of 19.4 words per post. If one post, containing an uncharacteristic 124 words, is not counted, the total drops to an average of 12.4 words per post. This is less than all the words used in a daily Rex Morgan, MD comic strip (comic being used loosely here). Definitely low LIC territory. Another, more ignominious poster on this thread used a mere 66 words in 10 posts. This average of 6.6 words per post is the average length of what used to get written on the bathroom stalls in High School (example: 'For a Good Time Call Jenny 867-5309'. Catchy tune by the way.)

We've got to lick these LICers before they infect us all.

Join with me to stamp out LICing! :stop: Posts less than twenty words, with no subject and predicate, should count for MINUS TEN posts. :yup:

At least something is being done to end the scourge of low information content (LIC) postings. Barry Bonds has gotten lots of column-inches of late for allegedly using perfomance enhancing drugs to post high numbers. The LIC posting menace is far more dangerous to mental health. Here are just a few examples of this silent but deadly plague.

Up to this point in this thread, at least four different LIC practicioners have attempted to pervert the original intent of this thread - to provide hard data to those who haven't had their cars that long, or who are considering buying one in this ADM-ravaged time.

One of those LICers, whose profession includes molding young minds, used a total of 311 words in 16 posts, for an average of 19.4 words per post. If one post, containing an uncharacteristic 124 words, is not counted, the total drops to an average of 12.4 words per post. This is less than all the words used in a daily Rex Morgan, MD comic strip (comic being used loosely here). Definitely low LIC territory. Another, more ignominious poster on this thread used a mere 66 words in 10 posts. This average of 6.6 words per post is the average length of what used to get written on the bathroom stalls in High School (example: 'For a Good Time Call Jenny 867-5309'. Catchy tune by the way.)

We've got to lick these LICers before they infect us all.

Join with me to stamp out LICing! :stop: Posts less than twenty words, with no subject and predicate, should count for MINUS TEN posts. :yup:

I agree.

Posts less than twenty words, with no subject and predicate, should count for MINUS TEN posts. :yup:

You are correct, sir.

You are correct, sir.

You are correct, sir.

You are correct, sir.

You are correct, sir.

(Subject? - Check. Predicate? - Check. 20 words? - Check.)

Archived