TEAM SHELBY FORUM

08 Shelby GT/SC Production numbers

• 10 months later...
On 6/12/2019 at 8:54 AM, Anthony Volta said:

Just picked up a Vista Blue GT/SC , car modified from Tasca.  Any one know how to get any certifications on the build? I reached out to Tasca a couple of times but got no answer.

Thanks

Shelbys mobil merrit.jpg

Being as Tasca was an SAI authorized mod shop you should be able to get a copy from Shelby American. This is provided it was an actual Shelby SC package that was purchased and installed as the Shelby GT/SC package and not just a mod shop installing a SC. If you have a secondary engine plaque indicating it was Factory Supercharged or supercharged by Tasca you can be very confident. They will probably charge you $20 or $30, its been quite a while I don't remember the exact amount. If you purchased this car after an earlier owner had the package done I think you just get a copy with the other persons name on it, but you can always (and should) have the Shelby registry updated with you as the owner. My SC package came with the engine plaque, but years ago I remember seeing that some didn't and that one could be purchased IF and ONLY IF the car is a true Shelby GT/SC. One of the many great things with Shelby is they document these things, which helps us if we are missing anything and also helps us and any potential buyer if one tries to pass off a fake.