TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Super Snake package now includes a Kenny Bell SC?

http://www.thechromepony.com/News-07-16-07.html

Super Snakes Getting Closer

by CP Staff

To leave no historic Shelby name undisturbed, Ford and Shelby Automobiles announced in May that a limited number of 2008 Ford Shelby GT500’s into fire breathing 'Super Snake' coupes.

The Super Snake package are scheduled to include enhancements to the GT500’s handling, styling and power. Tuning options will range from a warranted 600 HP V8, to over 725 HP (unwarranted).

The 600 horsepower option is expected to be a Ford Racing certified supercharger replacement kit, originally developed by an external company close to Ford. The higher output option is expected to be a Kenne Bell 2.8H twin screw model, possibly set for 18 psi of boost and requiring race gas to meet that output level.

Such a conversion would also require the company's dual 75mm throttle body and low restriction cold air intake kit. Even higher output has been documented by the company. Increasing the boost level to 23 psi provided an output of over 800 horsepower. :drop:

On the topic, Amy Boylan, president of Shelby Automobiles said, "The name 'Super Snake' is legendary because the one that Shelby built was the pinnacle of muscle cars in 1967. We’re bringing that concept forward 40 years for customers who own a Ford Shelby GT500. We’ll give their car amazing new capabilities."

The higher output option is expected to be a Kenne Bell 2.8H twin screw model, possibly set for 18 psi of boost and requiring race gas to meet that output level.

I highly doubt it. They could have boosted their credibility with a picture of a supersnake not what looks to be a 40th package. i guess we will see when the Bill of Sale comes out. :waiting:

http://www.thechromepony.com/News-07-16-07.html

Super Snakes Getting Closer

by CP Staff

To leave no historic Shelby name undisturbed, Ford and Shelby Automobiles announced in May that a limited number of 2008 Ford Shelby GT500’s into fire breathing 'Super Snake' coupes.

The Super Snake package are scheduled to include enhancements to the GT500’s handling, styling and power. Tuning options will range from a warranted 600 HP V8, to over 725 HP (unwarranted).

The 600 horsepower option is expected to be a Ford Racing certified supercharger replacement kit, originally developed by an external company close to Ford. The higher output option is expected to be a Kenne Bell 2.8H twin screw model, possibly set for 18 psi of boost and requiring race gas to meet that output level.

Such a conversion would also require the company's dual 75mm throttle body and low restriction cold air intake kit. Even higher output has been documented by the company. Increasing the boost level to 23 psi provided an output of over 800 horsepower. :drop:

On the topic, Amy Boylan, president of Shelby Automobiles said, "The name 'Super Snake' is legendary because the one that Shelby built was the pinnacle of muscle cars in 1967. We’re bringing that concept forward 40 years for customers who own a Ford Shelby GT500. We’ll give their car amazing new capabilities."

Intresting, I thought the TVS would be on the 725hp version also? Whipple has a contract with Ford Racing also, don't they? The HP numbers they quoted, are they Flywheel or Rear Wheel? KB made 800+rwhp @ 23psi and Race Gas. I've only made 713rwhp on 93 and the 3" pulley!!!

Some thing is wrong here, it doesn't add up. I'd like to hear from Amy on this. :waiting:

I think the picture is of a CS-6 or CS-8, not a 40th anniversary car, which by the way looks almost just like this car & the Shelby GT :waiting: and they said they wanted things to look ....... :doh: never mind

The CS6 & CS8 look similar to the Shelby GT if you optioned the hood.

Wheels, fascia, striping & even the grill are different. These cars look different in person and easily identifiable....40th ann. has stock hood, SS hood is totally different, SS vs Ann. wheels are different, striping is clearly different.

You gotta realize they have to work with the factory body and add different hoods/wheels/fascia/stripes and that's it. Just like the 60's Shelbys.

Are you guys grumpy today? :hysterical:

Chris you know my opinion is different then yours or amy's but my point here is driving down the road the grill & stripe color looks the same as a few of the other SAI cars & this was the main point both SAI & I'm trying to make, but with opposite view points. Catch my drift?

PS: Have you even got a car yet?

Chris you know my opinion is different then yours or amy's but my point here is driving down the road the grill & stripe color looks the same as a few of the other SAI cars & this was the main point both SAI & I'm trying to make, but with opposite view points. Catch my drift?

Yeh, I get it, bud ;)

If you look at it that way, Bosses, Machs & Shelbys of the time weren't that different either...I respect your opinion and realize we look at this a little differently

And......no on the car, but I anticipate something soon as the market has relaxed a bit more IMO.

While I was on vacation last week I actually got 3 messages from dealers I called 3-4 months ago. Weird that they all called at once. None of them ordered what I want, and they would not take my order for less than $5k over at the time.

This was unheard of earlier this spring (them calling me back), so I am anticipating getting my price (MSRP) with a little leg work. I just have to locate the right ride or get an order in @ MSRP (fingers & toes) crossed as I type).

I highly doubt it. They could have boosted their credibility with a picture of a supersnake not what looks to be a 40th package. i guess we will see when the Bill of Sale comes out. :waiting:

Yeah, actually that's a CS6... dont know why anyone would use that pic in an article about the SS?!?!

I think the picture is of a CS-6 or CS-8, not a 40th anniversary car, which by the way looks almost just like this car & the Shelby GT :waiting: and they said they wanted things to look ....... :doh: never mind

Wheels, fascia, striping & even the grill are different. These cars look different in person and easily identifiable....40th ann. has stock hood, SS hood is totally different, SS vs Ann. wheels are different, striping is clearly different.

You gotta realize they have to work with the factory body and add different hoods/wheels/fascia/stripes and that's it. Just like the 60's Shelbys.

Yeh, I get it, bud ;)

If you look at it that way, Bosses, Machs & Shelbys of the time weren't that different either...I respect your opinion and realize we look at this a little differently

And......no on the car, but I anticipate something soon as the market has relaxed a bit more IMO.

While I was on vacation last week I actually got 3 messages from dealers I called 3-4 months ago. Weird that they all called at once. None of them ordered what I want, and they would not take my order for less than $5k over at the time.

This was unheard of earlier this spring (them calling me back), so I am anticipating getting my price (MSRP) with a little leg work. I just have to locate the right ride or get an order in @ MSRP (fingers & toes) crossed as I type).

Hope it works out for you in the color that you want

What was the topic of this thread? :waiting:

Would it not have been easier to just put this icon up......

:backtotopic:

:doh:

I hope it is true. It makes me feel better already having that config on my car. Perhaps the KB folks with coupes will now be able to get the SuperSnake package without getting rid of their KBs... I doubt that I will be able to take advantage of it with a vert though. To the best of my knowledge that is still out of the question.

+1. Totally Agree! I mean I know everyone has different likes and dislikes as well as opinions,and they should be heard as well as considered...but after awhile,...ComeOn! After all, we all are part of the stang family,...sooo we should be celebrating without all sibling rivalry,...which is waaay to ridiculous imo, especially if it keeps going. Kind of reminds of little kids growing up in the same family,but because Johnny did'nt get the right flavor (and color) of popsicle,he doesn't want any,(poor baby).....GO TO YOUR ROOM JOHNNY! Too funny :hysterical:

Well finally some good news. I asked SAI if they were considering the KB when I talked to them about my SS request - before I heard "Viente Seis Mil Dolares" - based on a test done by one of the car mags. Sounds like this S/C had it all over the Whipple unit, but I haven't followed up with it. I have also heard rumors that the vert won't get it - can anyone confirm this? - but I thought the FoMoCo engineers designed this car from the ground up as a vert and had extra stiffeners in place (no to say they were expecting 700+HP to get stuffed into one...)

I am really on the fence with the dough issue. Thought I would be happy just having the car and maybe the 40th kit until the crew at SAI started dangling testosterone in front of me... and my wallet. How do I explain to the right seat that I just popped her new SUV on the upgrade package..

How do I explain to the right seat that I just popped her new SUV on the upgrade package..

From a distance? :hysterical2:

Thanks for the update. I would have expected them to stay with the Ford Branded parts. Now everyone that only wants FFRP/Shelby parts has a decision to make or does that mean the KB is now a Shelby part?

What to you guys think?

The honest opinion of each and every Shelby owner and SAI employee/ stakeholder is always important. Sometimes it seems that owners can't help discrediting SAI, not expressing a true opinion, but eliciting an aggresive frustration - a questionable, counterproductive strategy indeed. Once that negative energy is ultimately channeled into positive, respectful discourse, the sky is the limit for all passionate Shelby enthusiasts - no matter how fervently their belief differs! However, no matter the source, as a group we are capable of much more than than vindictive ridicule, personal attacks, threats, bullying and or censorship - the Shelby legacy likely will continue to require the very,very best of us!

The honest opinion of each and every Shelby owner and SAI employee/ stakeholder is always important. Sometimes it seems that owners can't help discrediting SAI, not expressing a true opinion, but eliciting an aggresive frustration - a questionable, counterproductive strategy indeed. Once that negative energy is ultimately channeled into positive, respectful discourse, the sky is the limit for all passionate Shelby enthusiasts - no matter how fervently their belief differs! However, no matter the source, as a group we are capable of much more than than vindictive ridicule, personal attacks, threats, bullying and or censorship - the Shelby legacy likely will continue to require the very,very best of us!

Exactly. I can speak for all the Mod's here and the site owners when I say this:

We have no problem with folks expressing their opinions, no matter how widely they vary. We do have issue with ridicule, personal attacks, and sarcasm-- especially when we are lucky enough to have the President of SAI addressing us directly, unfiltered.

For this to continue, we need to collectively realize just how lucky we are to have someone who is as attentive (and busy) as Amy- at her level- responding to our questions and even entertaining our requests.

Further, I do not like to edit posts. I do not like admonishing members here. So, please, please, please frame your questions/observations in a mature manner or face the music.

Thanks to everyone for your patience, I am sorry that I had to interrupt what is normally a productive thread.

~Chris

Im getting in on this topic a little late, but is tha KB Supercharger going to be on the 725HP or not? I talk with SAI about the SS and 40th last week, and could not get an answer on this subject. They would only tell me that it has not been finalized. Now Im ready to put my deposit down for the SS, but they told me that I should wait until the final build sheet is finalized if Im uncomfortable. My only question is since I have a Vert, shouldnt it be less money since it will be a different SC and a cat back exaust? Im in for the SS, but would like all the details first. The people getting the SS coupe with 725HP are going to have a beast of a car.

CoopersShelby

Im getting in on this topic a little late, but is tha KB Supercharger going to be on the 725HP or not? I talk with SAI about the SS and 40th last week, and could not get an answer on this subject. They would only tell me that it has not been finalized. Now Im ready to put my deposit down for the SS, but they told me that I should wait until the final build sheet is finalized if Im uncomfortable. My only question is since I have a Vert, shouldnt it be less money since it will be a different SC and a cat back exaust? Im in for the SS, but would like all the details first. The people getting the SS coupe with 725HP are going to have a beast of a car.

CoopersShelby

we will have 605hp r convertables and warrentied cars, we will have 725hp FOR others. the brand shouldn't matter as it is authorized by shelby. If you need to know the brand before you leave a deposit, then you will need to wait till we announce the partners on all parts

Amy

So. like Joker45 say, back on topic...I can't wait to get a Super Snake. I'm not overly concerned ab out the components because what I'm buying is a Shelby Super Snake. That said, I will want a list of what I'm getting (not sure if ther list I've seen is final or not...sounded like it was but from the discussion it seems like there is still some stuff in flux).

Amy,

Thank you for the response. Im in for the SS regardless. I guess my question was what is the difference in the 605HP and the 725HP? And is there going to be a price difference between the two? I was told that there will be a different CAI and a manifold back vs. a cat back plus possibly a different SC. Thank you for the participation Amy, it is awsume you are reponding to this site. Nothing better than first hand info.

CoopersShelby

we will have 605hp r convertables and warrentied cars, we will have 725hp FOR others. the brand shouldn't matter as it is authorized by shelby. If you need to know the brand before you leave a deposit, then you will need to wait till we announce the partners on all parts

Amy

Amy, when do you expect to have the list finalized on all parts?

Amy, when do you expect to have the list finalized on all parts?

this is an ongoing list, as we finalize we are finding things that work better or dont work. The HP is the HP, regardless of how we get there. I will not finalize the list until we are ready to start. I do suggest that if you are interested you get on the list as we will certainly be close if not over our target of 1000 cars.

There are 2 calibrations for the current blower. That blower is in test right now.

Thats all I can tell you today guys.

Amy

Archived