TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mystery Black Bag & Alarm System

phr3121

Anyone know what is included in the "mystery" accessory black bag that comes in the trunk of a new 2007 Ford Shelby GT500?

The bag is close to a pillow size container (photo below), most of the photos I've seen of the trunk of this car on eBay include the bag.

Is it the vehicle manual, front plate bracket, and security lugnuts for the wheel?

I think my bag was opened at the dealership....

On a separate topic, what do you folks think of the basic alarm system that comes with the 2007 Ford Shelby GT500?

Here is what Ford claims it does: "Secure Lock: The standard SecuriLock® Anti-Theft System encodes the ignition key with one of billions of security codes every time you turn off the engine. Without the right key and code the engine will not start. Active Anti-Theft System: The optional Active Anti-Theft System uses an inclination-sensing module to guard against tow-away thefts, as well as interior motion sensor to help prevent "smash and grab" break-ins. The system includes a separate alarm sounder in addition to the vehicle horn and 60-amp-hour battery capable of sounding the alarm longer."

I'm planning to add a GPS security system to my vehicle!

Cheers! :shift:

post-9484-1184646933_thumb.jpg

Anyone know what is included in the "mystery" accessory black bag that comes in the trunk of a new 2007 Ford Shelby GT500?

The bag is close to a pillow size container (photo below), most of the photos I've seen of the trunk of this car on eBay include the bag.

Is it the vehicle manual, front plate bracket, and security lugnuts for the wheel?

I think my bag was opened at the dealership....

On a separate topic, what do you folks think of the basic alarm system that comes with the 2007 Ford Shelby GT500?

Here is what Ford claims it does: "Secure Lock: The standard SecuriLock® Anti-Theft System encodes the ignition key with one of billions of security codes every time you turn off the engine. Without the right key and code the engine will not start. Active Anti-Theft System: The optional Active Anti-Theft System uses an inclination-sensing module to guard against tow-away thefts, as well as interior motion sensor to help prevent "smash and grab" break-ins. The system includes a separate alarm sounder in addition to the vehicle horn and 60-amp-hour battery capable of sounding the alarm longer."

I'm planning to add a GPS security system to my vehicle!

Cheers! :shift:

This car appears to be a"Red Stripe" car--see the floor mats. Also, I think the FoMoCo car cover is in the bag.

Stuart

This car appears to be a"Red Stripe" car--see the floor mats. Also, I think the FoMoCo car cover is in the bag.

Stuart

Damn, those cobras on the floor mats are sweet. I did not get that. Mine are plain old black. In the bag it looks like the car cover. The other thing in my trunk was a padded hood cover/protector or something. I do not know how it even is used though.

Damn, those cobras on the floor mats are sweet. I did not get that. Mine are plain old black. In the bag it looks like the car cover. The other thing in my trunk was a padded hood cover/protector or something. I do not know how it even is used though.

:stop: What! Car cover? Nope, my car did not come with a car cover!

Did everyone who bought a new 2007 Ford Shelby GT500 get a free car cover?

Should I be making a call to my dealership?

Thanks

phr

:stop: What! Car cover? Nope, my car did not come with a car cover!

Did everyone who bought a new 2007 Ford Shelby GT500 get a free car cover?

Should I be making a call to my dealership?

Thanks

phr

Phr,

No not all cars came with a car cover. Job 1 Cars did not have the option. Job 2 Cars you could order the Car Covers as an option. Or, you can order through your Ford Dealer....

Stuart

The Floor Mats with the Red Cobra on them only come with the car if the car was ordered with the "RED STRIPE PACKAGE" That option was only available for cars that were ordered & made in May or in the 1st half of June of 2007. (see attached link to get to the pdf file for more info) ****Must be a SU member to view

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/index.php?c...;p13_fileid=153

I'm not in the business, so I may not be accurate, but from what I've seen Job 1 cars didn't come with a lot of options.

I'm pretty sure mine was a Job 1 build. I could not even order the Shaker 1000, much less the Nav system or Active alarm. At the time it was said it's because it was a 'vert.

Here is the part number for the car cover, and something important I learned :banghead: if you get it. It has stuff bag attached to it at the back of the cover, when you put the cover on, and you're outside, place the bag in the trunk and it helps deter theft. I also made a nice coated cable lock for the underneath.

SK7R3J-19A412-AA

Hope this helps.

I stopped to get milk the other night and locked the car (with the remote). Coming back from the stored I noticed that I had left the driver' side window opened. So I placed the milk in the car without opening the door and to my surprise the alarm went off. I looked like an idiot. I guess I should had read that part in the manual!

Archived