TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Cobra insignia on a 07 Shelby GT?

AttilioGT

Came across a fellow Shelby GT owner today. It's a first for me. I noticed he had the Cobra grill logo insert . I had to ask and his take was that there was no GT350 so there is nothing wrong with

adding Cobra add ons.

I admit I like the Cobra grill but I don't want to go around being a wanna be.

What are the general thoughts of others? Is it a sin?

Hey guy, first off you paid for it , and it’s yours to do what you want to it!   It’s nice to here that you don’t want to do anything that’s considered disrespectful or offensive to other Shelby owner’s!   Most owners like to add a little something here and there and it helps them feel a little more special about their car!   There’s actually quite  a few available add-ons thru the Shelby Store, and other Mustang/ Shelby sites, like Blue Oval industries, and a few others!   Front grills, Shelby engine dress-up covers, aluminum custom covers for interior pieces, head-rests, Wheels, brakes, and a number of other things are popular items, just to name a few!    I guess the main thing is don’t pass your Shelby GT off as something it isn’t, like making it look like a GT500 and then trying to pass it off as such!   That just wouldn’t be cool in my Book!   I hope this helps you in some way, and go out and enjoy the hell out of your car!!      :thumbsup:               Later guy!                    :peelout:

As Mongoose mentioned its your car so modify it as you see fit. I will add that the Shelby GT's had no Cobra/Snake emblems on them from Shelby American.

There were also no GT350's in 1983 either so would adding Cobra logos to the Shelby below also be considered as nothing wrong with it? Just something to think about.

image.png

• 3 weeks later...

It sounds like you already have your decision. While it's not technically wrong, you would worry every time you stopped that a  car guy would show up and ask you why.  Then you would look like a poser and feel like crap. Not worth an emblem IMO!

Edited by Noisy Cricket

• 3 weeks later...

I actually prefer the running horse badge on the grill a la the 1966 Shelby GT 350.  That is what Carroll Shelby liked and approved.

I also feel the " Powered by Ford" badge on the Shelby GT sets it apart.  Not many cars have ever had that honor.