TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Trunk floor cave in issue, advice

I like many was surprised that my 2007 has no spare tire. Problem I am having is if I put anything in my truck the thin board with the carpet on it fold down under the plastic lip that is behind my rear lights etc. it doesn't lay flat. Has anyone found an easy fix? I don't want to buy a spare.

thanks

8 minutes ago, AttilioGT said:

I like many was surprised that my 2007 has no spare tire. Problem I am having is if I put anything in my truck the thin board with the carpet on it fold down under the plastic lip that is behind my rear lights etc. it doesn't lay flat. Has anyone found an easy fix? I don't want to buy a spare.

thanks

How about one of those plastic trunk liners.  I have one in my Shelby with I believe the running horse embossed into it. Below is a weathertech version.

image.png

Thanks for the tips guys. I already have a WeatherTech liner (the cheaper one you cut to size). It still buckles under the plastic lip that cover the rear lights.

I think I'll go with the foam idea, pretty easy fix and right at my ability level lol.

thanks guys.

• 2 months later...

I know this is an older thread, but for others interested...

A piece of Masonite (Menards, Home Depot, Lowe’s, etc) is easily place over the hole and under the original fiberboard to add rigidity back to this area.  I use a piece that covers the hole by an extra 6” or so and have not had any problems with carrying some weight back there since.