TEAM SHELBY FORUM

When People Refuse To Listen.............. 6S077 VIN 6F09C197337

What do you do when an unscrupulous ebay seller lists a 2-barrel Detroit built 1966 Ford Mustang for sale as a Shelby GT350 and bidders do not heed the advice to stay away from the fake Shelby, well you post the cars VIN number here on Team Shelby so that when the new owner of the car tries to resell the car hopefully potential buyers will come across this thread.

This Ford Mustang besides being wrecked has more wrong with it then it has right but you just have to chuckle at the 1968-69 reproduction plaque screwed to the dash with a couple of wood screws. Must be one rare 1966 Shelby to have a 1968-69 plaque affixed to it.

Ford VIN Number: 6F09C197337

Fake Shelby Serial Number: 6S077

* * * B U Y E R S . B E W A R E * * * 

image.png

Yeah, one of those realy rare "C" code Ford VIN 2 barrel carb Shelbys.  The Mustang has been bashed in the front and rear and they want $50K for this messy Mustang! And then 71 bids already  without a change in price? 😄

eBay is pretty good about handling ads with fraudulent claims.  As an expert (and having the Shelby reputation at risk) it would certainly be appropriate to contact them about it.  I did so on one Cobra ad a number of years ago and it disappeared shortly afterwards.

A tribute would be closer in appearance to an original.  This is really a smashed up modified Mustang that may have some decent salvagable parts.  But the bud starting price needs a major reduction.

14 hours ago, 66GT350PS said:

The listing hass been corrected with apologies, which is rare in this age of listings.  Here is the current listing:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1966-Ford-Mustang-Fastback/113766279316?hash=item1a7cffa894:g:S5MAAOSwPF9c1gez

😎

The correction and so called apology only came after the seller was backed into a corner by many Shelby enthusiasts.

In my opinion the ebay seller cancelled the auction not to protect potential buyers but to protect himself from an eventual lawsuit.

If the ebay seller was sincere he would relist the vehicle as a  wrecked, salvage titled ,Ford Mustang with all the fake/reproduction Shelby badging removed from the car. I'm not holding my breath for that to happen.

Steven

On 6/1/2019 at 10:46 PM, 66GT350PS said:

Looks like it was relisted correctly now as a recked 66 Mustang Shelby tribute.  Bids over $3000 at this time:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1966-Ford-Mustang-Fastback/113769119196

Well yes and no. The auction description is better but not exactly truthful. By calling the car a "tribute" can denote to some that the car is authorized and or approved by SAI .

The seller is also still peppering throughout their description the Shelby trademark, GT350. The auction photos also still show the car having reproduction Shelby build / serial number tags affixed to it.

If the seller was being 100% honest his description would not use the Shelby or GT350 names at all and those fake Shelby tags would be removed and destroyed. But the seller is not doing that is he.

Looking at the sellers other ebay items its obvious the seller has a pattern of misrepresenting the origin of what he sells on ebay.

Steven

I agree.  And this mystical sale of a wrecked 66 Mustang that has bids over $15,000 is very odd.  With front and rear damage, this is a salvage title with repo parts and no heritage.  It is nowhere nere to being a "clone" or "tribute" in defined terms to any Shelby GT350.  I really have to wonder about the bidding, especially when you look at the bid history.  Shill bids?

18 hours ago, 66GT350PS said:

I agree.  And this mystical sale of a wrecked 66 Mustang that has bids over $15,000 is very odd.  With front and rear damage, this is a salvage title with repo parts and no heritage.  It is nowhere nere to being a "clone" or "tribute" in defined terms to any Shelby GT350.  I really have to wonder about the bidding, especially when you look at the bid history.  Shill bids?

Yes the bid history is concerning along with the sellers demand for a notarized contract to be submitted by the winning bidder.

And does no one else see the amount of body filler falling off the cars rear quarter? We are talking a Michigan built Mustang here.

Steven

1 hour ago, SAI-Steven said:

Yes the bid history is concerning along with the sellers demand for a notarized contract to be submitted by the winning bidder.

And does no one else see the amount of body filler falling off the cars rear quarter? We are talking a Michigan built Mustang here.

Steven

I am starting to sense you may not be one of the eBay bidders on this vehicle.......😀

Well as this popular saying goes:   One man’s junk is another man’s “Treasure”!      :shrug:          Just saying!   :thumbsup:

I am starting to suspect that the seller and bidders are enamored by anything "Shelby" and are too lazy to research the history, cars, and satisfied with ignorance.  Sort of like those who refuse to believe that an "Eleanor" Mustang from Gone in 60 Seconds 2, is not a licensed Shelby product and is  a "real" Shelby GT500 factory model from 1967.  Reality be damned.😎

• 2 weeks later...
Looks like ended up selling for $16.1k..........a .lotta work to be done on a basic mustang with wreckage on the front, and the rear and many points in between......

The listing you're looking for has ended.
1966 Ford Mustang Fastback

1966 Ford Mustang Fastback
Condition:
Used
Ended:
Jun 08, 2019, 01:46:57 PM PDT
Price:
US $16,100.00

• 1 year later...