TEAM SHELBY FORUM

***SOLD OUT*** Limited Edition die cast 1965 Shelby G.T. 350 Supercharged Prototype.

SAI-Steven

Team Shelby membership has big bonuses, including exclusive first access to special gear. Carroll Shelby’s Store is about to offer a VERY Limited Edition 1:18 scale die cast of the 1965 Shelby G.T. 350 Supercharged Prototype. Each of the 96 die casts are numbered and come with:  

• A Certificate of Authenticity signed by Chuck Cantwell (Shelby G.T.350 Project Manager from 1965 – 1967)
  • Commemorative Booklet
  • Exclusive Shelby Store packaging

Team Shelby members can buy one today at https://bit.ly/2PSTRoW before they go on sale to the public. FYI, the #1 die cast was sold at the Carroll Shelby Tribute last weekend for $500, so grab one of the remaining 95 before they are gone.

UPDATE: Die-cast is sold out as of Thursday morning May 9th

GT350S FB.jpg

Beautiful model but unfortunate that it is incorrect color Paxton unit (should be black), incorrect carb inclosure box (should be original square box with aluminum lid), canister to blower hose is wrong, 289 K code engine for 1965 should be black.  😎

46 minutes ago, 66GT350PS said:

Beautiful model but unfortunate that it is incorrect color Paxton unit (should be black), incorrect carb inclosure box (should be original square box with aluminum lid), canister to blower hose is wrong, 289 K code engine for 1965 should be black.  😎

Good Eye!.....looks like they may have used a 1966 supercharged model diecast to do this tribute to the 1965 supercharged prototype. Still a cool piece of Shelby memorabilia and you get Cantwell's sig. Hope they sell them all. Here is the engine bay of the 65 proto.

The Shelby GT350 with an added bonus under the hood.

Thanks for posting the engine bay photo of the real 1965 Shelby GT350 supercharge prototype.  I have seen it at various shows.  The limited edition scale model looks like a hybrid combination of previously released editions of a1965 Shelby GT350 and  the 1966 Shelby GT350 with Paxton supercharger.  I guess with an anticipated limted run of 96 units, the manufacturer decided not to do an accurate rendition.  Chuck may not have known how they were going to incorrectly do this edition.  There is another good engine compartment photo in his "Shelby Mustang GT350" book and lots of info in the Selby American World Registry regarding the prototype.  

1 hour ago, Secondo said:

That's the 1966 GT350"S" model painted the incorrect color. 

Secondo, Can you explain further or provide pics? Are you speaking of the actual protype or the diecast? I thought the 1965 prototype was white/blue with black Paxton and Square carb cover as 66GT350 PS pointed out. No argument, just striving for accuracy and trying to understand what you are pointing out.

2 hours ago, mhr1961 said:

Secondo, Can you explain further or provide pics? Are you speaking of the actual protype or the diecast? I thought the 1965 prototype was white/blue with black Paxton and Square carb cover as 66GT350 PS pointed out. No argument, just striving for accuracy and trying to understand what you are pointing out.

Sorry for the confusion, I was referring to the diecast model. Lane Collectibles Exact Detail 1:18 1966 Ivy Green Shelby GT350S. I used to own it. As a kid, I was fascinated by the picture of the 1 of 1 supercharged GT350S. It looks to me like they incorrectly used that mold for the prototype 1965 model for sale in this topic. 

2s0qn3.jpg

28glpul.jpg

GT350-S-SFM6S0511.jpg

I have the Lane green GT350S, signed by the last owner before it went to the museum in Boulder, CO.   It has the 6 side brake air scoops.  The engine bay is probably used but htey should have the engine block and Paxton black.  Also, at that time, the blower carb box had changed from the prototype unit box.  With some easy research, the 65 prototype limited edition  could have been produced correctly.  Not getting it for my collection.

Lane Collectables produced a red 1966 GT350 with a blue Paxton unit and black engine block and a 1965 GT350, white with blue stripes.  It could easilyuse previoulsy molded parts intermixed for a new model.

Ok, thanks for the clarification guys. I have a few die cast cars for display in my office, but am not that heavily in to it as far as collecting. I was making observations based on the actual cars. I still hope SAI sells all the Cantwell signed cars since some of the sales are supposed to help raise money for the  CS Foundation.

2 hours ago, mhr1961 said:

Ok, thanks for the clarification guys. I have a few die cast cars for display in my office, but am not that heavily in to it as far as collecting. I was making observations based on the actual cars. I still hope SAI sells all the Cantwell signed cars since some of the sales are supposed to help raise money for the  CS Foundation.

The model is not signed by Chuck, the certificate is.  Also, there is no mention of the sale benefiting the CS Foundation.  Maybe the first one sold was for them. 

Steve, do you have information on this?

Thanks.

9 hours ago, 66GT350PS said:

The model is not signed by Chuck, the certificate is.  Also, there is no mention of the sale benefiting the CS Foundation.  Maybe the first one sold was for them. 

Steve, do you have information on this?

Thanks.

Diecast is NOT autographed, only the COA has Chuck Cantwell's signature.

No proceeds of the sale go to the CS Foundation.

SAI was not involved in the design or approval process so any accuracy errors with the engine need to be directed to the manufacturer.

No number requests allowed, you will receive a random diecast somewhere between the numbers of #02 and #96

An email blast is going out the morning of May 9th which will pretty much guarantee these being sold out today. Do not hesitate if you are wanting one.

Steven

33 minutes ago, SAI-Steven said:

Diecast is NOT autographed, only the COA has Chuck Cantwell's signature.

No proceeds of the sale go to the CS Foundation.

SAI was not involved in the design or approval process so any accuracy errors with the engine need to be directed to the manufacturer.

No number requests allowed, you will receive a random diecast somewhere between the numbers of #02 and #96

An email blast is going out the morning of May 9th which will pretty much guarantee these being sold out today. Do not hesitate if you are wanting one.

Steven

Like Steve said they are going quickly as of yesterday  over 40 were already sold in the first two hours that they were offered

Edited by shelby001

23 hours ago, 66GT350PS said:

That’s Acme the manufacturer fault. I did get one this am. Sometimes errors can increase the rarity of collectibles not saying that’s the case here. I’ll just keep the hood closed when any Shelby car nuts come over.....:doh:

They have these on ebay without the Team Shelby connection. Since these are now sold out. Like 578 are being made and I’m sure they could do another batch. $134 best offer with free shipping. 

Edited by mach 1 1970