TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT-S Supercharged Rental Car!!

GTH064

Shelby looks like it’s running out of ideas having announced a partnership with Sixt Rental Car company. First the GT-Heritage and now this!!

41 minutes ago, GTH064 said:

Shelby looks like it’s running out of ideas having announced a partnership with Sixt Rental Car company. First the GT-Heritage and now this!!

Why would you say they are running out of ideas? This new car looks like a new idea to me and may give them more international presence. After all the Mustang is now a "World Car" and this move could give SAI some good exposure world wide. FYI, about 1 out of every 4 or 5 Mustangs is now sold outside of the USA and SAI has been making a push at markets outside of the USA so this could be a good partnership for them.

Edited by mhr1961

2 hours ago, 66GT350PS said:

Wish they had more cars and rental locations.  I have yet to check the rental fees but I am sure they will be rediculous for an amazing rental.

Actually,  SIXt is not anywhere near ridiculous.  SIXT is very reasonable. You can currently rent a Jaguar F Type Convertible right now for a little over $100/per day in Miami. That's is one heck of a deal to be able to tool around Miami this time of year in a Prestige Performance Vehicle. You can also rent various Mercedes for as little as $50 per day. Their rates appear to be way much better than Hertz and several other rental companies. Tremendously better than that absolutely ridiculous $300+ per day that Hertz tried to get back in 2016 for a Shelby GT-H when it was  introduced.

On 5/2/2019 at 3:32 PM, mhr1961 said:

Actually,  SIXt is not anywhere near ridiculous.  SIXT is very reasonable. You can currently rent a Jaguar F Type Convertible right now for a little over $100/per day in Miami. That's is one heck of a deal to be able to tool around Miami this time of year in a Prestige Performance Vehicle. You can also rent various Mercedes for as little as $50 per day. Their rates appear to be way much better than Hertz and several other rental companies. Tremendously better than that absolutely ridiculous $300+ per day that Hertz tried to get back in 2016 for a Shelby GT-H when it was  introduced.

That is really good.  Are they located near airports or do you have to take a taxi to them?  Hertz prices have gotten way out of hand for Premium rentals, especially back with the 2016 GT-H also with the demand for multiple photo I.D. and cradit cards. And I have a Hertz five star gold card rating.  I asked them to check every employee at the gold counter and ask how many have two photo ID or carry a passport while traveling within the U.S.?   Plus what good is my pre-checked and paid reservation with full Hertz insurance coverage (insane rates) when I have to wait onsite for another approval and demand for extra cards and ID?  They valued the cars at $200k.  I could get a Porsche for far less hassle but wanted the GT-H.  Finally got it after extra 40 minute wait due to scheduled car having dead battery and replacement needed cleaning!  

I sure wish SIXT had more locations  for the Shelby GT-S rental.  

16 minutes ago, 66GT350PS said:

That is really good.  Are they located near airports or do you have to take a taxi to them?  Hertz prices have gotten way out of hand for Premium rentals, especially back with the 2016 GT-H also with the demand for multiple photo I.D. and cradit cards. And I have a Hertz five star gold card rating.  I asked them to check every employee at the gold counter and ask how many have two photo ID or carry a passport while traveling within the U.S.?   Plus what good is my pre-checked and paid reservation with full Hertz insurance coverage (insane rates) when I have to wait onsite for another approval and demand for extra cards and ID?  They valued the cars at $200k.  I could get a Porsche for far less hassle but wanted the GT-H.  Finally got it after extra 40 minute wait due to scheduled car having dead battery and replacement needed cleaning!  

I sure wish SIXT had more locations  for the Shelby GT-S rental.  

The SAI press release, if you read it, states that the intial 20 GT-S  cars will be available in Southern Cal, Vegas and  South Florida. If its successful I am sure it will expand to other areas. The SAI press release also has a link to SIXT’s website to check out its rentals. People that travel internationally are well aware of them. SIXT is a multibillion dollar Company and they have locations worldwide, and yes they are at many airports worldwide. They also have a really nice selection of premium and performance cars at very reasonable rates.

ps: I don't know why admins or moderators don't consolidate topics anymore. There are already 3 different topics about this same car in 2 different areas and it makes it a real goat screw for people to search around to keep up with what is posted about it. The press release is in the link below:

On 5/3/2019 at 7:53 PM, mhr1961 said:

ps: I don't know why admins or moderators don't consolidate topics anymore. There are already 3 different topics about this same car in 2 different areas and it makes it a real goat screw for people to search around to keep up with what is posted about it. The press release is in the link below:

Most likely because we couldn't create a new sub-forum for the GT-S in advance of the unveil without tipping off what was going to be revealed so without a GT-S sub-forum in place there would be no place to consolidate 3 threads.

Our apologies it took 1 & 1/2 business days to get these 3 threads consolidated.

Steven