TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Orders

tewebb

I ordered a set of Eibach Pro springs from SAI and got a confirmed invoice# on Monday 07/09/07. I have not heard a word about my order nor can I get a soul at SAI. Emailed them twice with no answer. Is this common with SAI? If so, I see that will be my last order from them. I already received and installed my JLT CAI and tune from JLT and a set of Corsia axle back from JMP. I have installed both yesterday and install went like a dream. Their follow-up and shipment was very fast with no problems.

Ordered a 14" ant. from American Muscle and it was mailed out the next day. I wanted the signed Shelby Vin plate for my dash, but there is no Vin# input screen to ask for your Vin# and I wonder about their CSupport on ordered items. $300 is a lot of $$ if your not sure if your going to get the item and if you do get it, will it be correct. I also want the 3.73 FRP gears with the correct install kit. I am not sure which one to get and I understand that I can't even get the Pinion bearing yet because Ford has not released it yet for the Shelby GT500.

Also I am trying to find out problems with the d/p doors scratching Window Tint because there is no felt on the inside window scrappers. I want to have nice tint installed but no one can tell me about the window problems nor what I can do to correct it. I have a real good installer but he is not sure he wants to touch the Shelby GT500 because of what it is $$$$$ and the felt problems. SAI doesn't appear to be providing a lot of help here and their communications skills are questionable. Am I wrong here? Am I over reacting because I am new to the Shelby GT500 family of cars? I love fast car's and upgrades. Mine is and will be a weekend nice weather driver. Picked it up 07/05/07 after 3 month wait and it still only has 81 miles on it. I don't race nor drag race. I just love a nice fast car and keep it nice.

I will spend $$$$ to get the best and most popular upgrades if they are good. I love aftermarket wheels. That will be my next major upgrade when I can find the right ones for the Shelby GT500. I really love HRE's. I am now checking with HRE for the Shelby GT500 correct size and if they can make me a set. Will keep it on 18's. OK, enough crying :banghead: I really like this forum. It seems to be growing each day. Would love to see a section on aftermarket part installs for us do-it-yourself guys. Had several Corvette's and Corvette forums had the install section and it really helped me a lot on aftermarket installs.

Thanks for everyones input and friendship. Any advise about Shelby GT500 parts and order's please drop me a line.

Also I am trying to find out problems with the d/p doors scratching Window Tint because there is no felt on the inside window scrappers. I want to have nice tint installed but no one can tell me about the window problems nor what I can do to correct it. I have a real good installer but he is not sure he wants to touch the Shelby because of what it is $$$$$ and the felt problems.

My window tint installer was aware of the problem and I paid him an extra $20 to install a protective piece to avoid scratching. It was Suntamers on Del Prado Blvd in Cape Coral Florida. Maybe you could give them a call and find out what they do. Closed on Sundays otherwise I would call for you.

Mark H

I ordered a set of Eibach Pro springs from Shelby and got a confirmed invoice# on Monday 07/09/07. I have not heard a word about my order nor can I get a soul at Shelby. Emailed them twice with no answer. Is this common with Shelby? If so, I see that will be my last order from them. I already received and installed my JLT CAS and tune from JLT and a set of Corsia axle back from JMP. I have installed both yesterday and install went like a dream. Their follow-up and shippment was very fast with no problems. Order a 14" ant. from AmericanMuscle and it was mailed out the next day. I wanted the signed Shelby Vin plate for my dash, but there is no vin# input screen to ask for your vin# and I wonder about their CSupport on ordered items. $300 is a lot of $$ if your not sure if your going to get the item and if you do get it, will it be correct. I also want the 3.37 FRP gears with the correct install kit. I am not sure which one to get and I understand that I can't even get the Pinion bearing yet because Ford/Shelby has not released it yet. Also I am trying to find out problems with the d/p doors scratching Window Tint because there is no felt on the inside window scrappers. I want to have nice tint installed but no one can tell me about the window problems nor what I can do to correct it. I have a real good installer but he is not sure he wants to touch the Shelby because of what it is $$$$$ and the felt problems. Shelby doesn't appear to be providing alot of help here and their communications skills are questionable. Am I wrong here? Am I over reacting because I am new to the Shelby family of cars? I love fast car's and upgrades. Mine is and will be a weekend nice weather driver. Picked it up 07/05/07 after 3 month wait and it still only has 81 miles on it. I don't race nor drag race. I just love a nice fast car and keep it nice. I will spend $$$$ to get the best and most popular upgrades there are if they are good. I love aftermarket wheels. That will be my next major upgrade when I can find the right ones for the Shelby. I really love HRE's. Am now checking with HRE for the Shelby correct size and if they can make me a set. Will keep it on 18's. OK, enough crying :banghead: I really like this forum. It seems to be growing each day. Would love to see a section on aftermark part installs for us do-it-yourself guys. Had several Corvette's and Corvette forums had the install section and it really helped me a lot on aftermarket installs. Thanks for everyones input and friendship. Any advise about Shelby parts and order's please drop me a line.

Wow webb...a lot of info there. Just a suggestion, but your memo may be easier to follow if you break it into paragraphs in the future. Now, let's see if I can help at all...

As for the signed dash plaque, suggest you call them. I ordered mine and it allowed me to input my VIN...so not sure what the issue is.

When you say 3.37 gears, I assume you mean 3.73. You are correct about the pinion bearing. Talk to the tech and get some assurance that he will be careful with the stock bearing and be able to re-use it. Make sure they understand that they cannot get a new one.

As for window tint, others have installed moleskin to prevent scratching. If you do a search on moleskin you should find the thread where this has been covered at length.

Do you have a GT500? When you say Shelby is not helping here...who exactly do you mean? Are you talking about SAI in Las Vegas? Exactly what questions are you asking them? Keep in mind they do not produce this car...it comes from Ford.

As for a section about aftermarket parts..we do have a Modifications and Tech forum that you may find helpful. Use the search tool...there are lots of threads on topics you'll be asking about.

Good luck.

Dave

Wow webb...a lot of info there. Just a suggestion, but your memo may be easier to follow if you break it into paragraphs in the future. Now, let's see if I can help at all...

As for the signed dash plaque, suggest you call them. I ordered mine and it allowed me to input my VIN...so not sure what the issue is.

When you say 3.37 gears, I assume you mean 3.73. You are correct about the pinion bearing. Talk to the tech and get some assurance that he will be careful with the stock bearing and be able to re-use it. Make sure they understand that they cannot get a new one.

As for window tint, others have installed moleskin to prevent scratching. If you do a search on moleskin you should find the thread where this has been covered at length.

Do you have a GT500? When you say Shelby is not helping here...who exactly do you mean? Are you talking about SAI in Las Vegas? Exactly what questions are you asking them? Keep in mind they do not produce this car...it comes from Ford.

As for a section about aftermarket parts..we do have a Modifications and Tech forum that you may find helpful. Use the search tool...there are lots of threads on topics you'll be asking about.

Good luck.

Dave

Thanks for your input. I did an edit and hopefully it looks a little better. Different forum than what I am use to. A lot of english teachers out there and :censored: I will try and not post to anything from now on. I can learn by reading. I am sure there is more Ford Shelby GT 500 forums and information out there, I just have to fine them.

Welcome to the Forum. This really is one of the best places on the web to get answers to your questions. My mom brought me up with the saying, "You'll never know unless you ask". Again, welcome.
I've had the same experience with SAI with no return emails and even hard to contact anyone on the phone. But Keith out there, if u can reach him is very knowlegable and will answer all your guestions. Here is 1 place u can check for the felt window protectors

http://www.tintprotector.com/Mustang_01.jpg

Archived