TEAM SHELBY FORUM

13/14 owners can now answer that " how many like mine " question..

1 Alibi 2

We all think our cars are special, & most of us try to make them unique, in spite of the fact that they are " mass " produced.

Ever wonder " how many cars like YOURS Ford built " ?

Owners of the 13 / 14 MY Shelby GT500's had to rely on spreadsheets in an effort to answer this question, often resulting in frustration.....

.....( spreadsheet told me my 14 was " 1 of 21 " )

A Personal Statistics Report ) based on your VIN, from ( www.martiauto.com ) will finally answer that question.

This one page report, ( $ 60.00 + $ 7.00 shipping )

"  We will compare your vehicle to all other vehicles of the same year and model and tell you exactly how many vehicles are like yours and what makes yours unique.

NOTE: The purpose of the Personal Statistics Report is to bring your VIN as close to a one-of-one as possible. The Personal Statistics Report will use only the features necessary to reach this objective and may not include all of the features of your VIN. "

Most importantly, this documentation is recognized in the collector car world.

The Marti reports for the older vehicles contain a lot more information than the new ones.  The ones I know that have gotten one for the new cars, with expectations set by the reports for the older vehicles, have been disappointed, mostly because it's not very much info for quite a bit of money.

14 hours ago, twobjshelbys said:

The Marti reports for the older vehicles contain a lot more information than the new ones.  The ones I know that have gotten one for the new cars, with expectations set by the reports for the older vehicles, have been disappointed, mostly because it's not very much info for quite a bit of money.

The " stat " report is designed for a specific task & as such contains only enough information to reach that conclusion.

If an owner is looking for ( door data plate ) info, or a list of options, & production dates, the Deluxe Marti Report may be more to their liking.

Having bought a (previously available) Deluxe Marti Report for my car, I agree with @twobjshelbys. I found their web site lacking and the report underwhelming. With that in mind, does anyone have an actual "Personal Statistics Report" they can post? I'd like to see how detailed the stats really are before throwing more money at one of them...

52 minutes ago, Norton said:

Having bought a (previously available) Deluxe Marti Report for my car, I agree with @twobjshelbys. I found their web site lacking and the report underwhelming. With that in mind, does anyone have an actual "Personal Statistics Report" they can post? I'd like to see how detailed the stats really are before throwing more money at one of them...

The Marti website has an example of this PS report, see link below. I'll let others comment on its usefulness.

https://www.martiauto.com/itemselection.cfm?item=stat-1#image

20 minutes ago, SAI-Steven said:

The Marti website has an example of this PS report, see link below. I'll let others comment on its usefulness.

https://www.martiauto.com/itemselection.cfm?item=stat-1#image

Thanks. Site currently won't load for me but, unless something's changed, the sample report I saw was for an older vehicle. I'm interested in seeing one for 2013/2014 MY since, as mentioned previously, reports on older vehicles contain a lot more information than the new ones.

On 5/1/2019 at 12:16 PM, Norton said:

Thanks. Site currently won't load for me but, unless something's changed, the sample report I saw was for an older vehicle. I'm interested in seeing one for 2013/2014 MY since, as mentioned previously, reports on older vehicles contain a lot more information than the new ones.

Would be more than happy to PM you when I get mine for the 14.  

I would expect the line items of information to vary based on how many options a given car has..

Edited by 1 Alibi 2

11 hours ago, 1 Alibi 2 said:

Would be more than happy to PM you when I get mine for the 14.  

I would expect the line items of information to vary based on how many options a given car has..

That would be great. Thanks!

On 5/1/2019 at 9:16 AM, Norton said:

Yes that is what their website shows, a 1970 Mustang report. I suspect the report will be much shorter for a modern GT500 as the option list is much shorter compared to a 1970 Mustang.

Steven

• 2 weeks later...

The statistics thing is seems like a waste of money in my opinion. Using the spreadsheet, I can make this mini report

5730 total 2014 GT500
608 in Deep Impact blue
491 are Coupes
102 had Black stripes
29 of those had std black seats w/black accents 
So I narrowed it down so far to 1 of 29

Now, do I need to get a Marti report for $60 to look at those 29 cars and look at all the combos of stereo type, wheel option, DRLs, Glass roof, Nav, Track Pack, drive ratios, etc to find out I'm a 1 of 1 or a 1 of 5 car? Maybe it comes back and all 29 were the same, so I already knew I had a 1 of 29 car.  Seems really expensive for them to look this up and simply send me an email. 

It's also silly if one of the options that makes my car a 1 of 1 turns out to be that I was 1 of 4 cars with a front plate mount or 1 of 6 with a smokers package. 

11 hours ago, Dan Surratt said:

The statistics thing is seems like a waste of money in my opinion. Using the spreadsheet, I can make this mini report

5730 total 2014 GT500
608 in Deep Impact blue
491 are Coupes
102 had Black stripes
29 of those had std black seats w/black accents 
So I narrowed it down so far to 1 of 29

Now, do I need to get a Marti report for $60 to look at those 29 cars and look at all the combos of stereo type, wheel option, DRLs, Glass roof, Nav, Track Pack, drive ratios, etc to find out I'm a 1 of 1 or a 1 of 5 car? Maybe it comes back and all 29 were the same, so I already knew I had a 1 of 29 car.  Seems really expensive for them to look this up and simply send me an email. 

It's also silly if one of the options that makes my car a 1 of 1 turns out to be that I was 1 of 4 cars with a front plate mount or 1 of 6 with a smokers package. 

The " Personal Statistics Report " just became available for MY's 13 & 14, that's why I made this thread. Many owners are frustrated by the fact that the spreadsheet only allows a production breakdown to a certain point, & won't answer the " how many " question. Maybe $ 60 is too much to spend for a ( 1 ) page report, ( not available via e-mail ), from the only accredited source for Ford history. For me, this is what I waited for since 17 May 2013. As far as what would made one's car " 1 of 1 ", who cares, it would be the only one !! ( Hope diamond, Mona Lisa, etc. ) 

Delivery-day-09-05-2013-005.jpg

Kevin Marti is filling a need, a need that may or may not be there.

Questions I have, are the numbers based on US market GT500's or do they include all market GT500's.  If a US market car has an unpopular color combo making it 1 of 21 but that same color combo is popular in Canada  with 100 Canadian GT500's cars built the same way, is the car  really 1 of 21 or is it  1 of 121 ?

What about pre-production cars? Does Marti include those cars in their build breakdown? For example Ford built 92 pre-production GT500's for the 2013 model year.

These are just a couple of examples that can skew the numbers and there are certainly more possible scenarios that could do the same.

And most importantly rare doesn't always equate to being more valuable but certainly can be a conversation piece at car shows.

Steven

16 hours ago, SAI-Steven said:

Questions I have, are the numbers based on US market GT500's or do they include all market GT500's.  If a US market car has an unpopular color combo making it 1 of 21 but that same color combo is popular in Canada  with 100 Canadian GT500's cars built the same way, is the car  really 1 of 21 or is it  1 of 121 ?

What about pre-production cars? Does Marti include those cars in their build breakdown? For example Ford built 92 pre-production GT500's for the 2013 model year.

These are just a couple of examples that can skew the numbers and there are certainly more possible scenarios that could do the same.

And most importantly rare doesn't always equate to being more valuable but certainly can be a conversation piece at car shows.

Steven

I will know more when my report shows up. I see that the SVT spreadsheet for the 2014 MY includes ( 6 ) pre-production units. I would expect nothing less from Marti. I will contact them & pose these questions. I am involved in a " rare / valuable " discussion currently on another site, to me the " rare " is the important item..

• 2 weeks later...

My " Stat " report showed up Monday, as it's copyrighted, I won't post it here. The report confirmed what I was told back on ( 6 Feb. 2017 ), that my car is " 1 of 1 ". Looking @ the #'s, it does take into account the ( 6 ) pre-production units. I contacted Marti and asked about export cars & got no answer. The report looks a lot like the example on the Marti Auto site, with 2014 info. $ 67.00 is a small price to pay for documentation telling me my car is the ONLY ONE !!

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/20/2019 at 11:46 AM, SAI-Steven said:

Steven

On the phone with Marti Auto yesterday, was told the reports include " everything " made in a given MY..