TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GTS brake specs

tjys

I have a 2011 GTS convertible.  I'm having issues with the fronts brakes.  What are the specifications on the all of the brakes; rotors, pads, etc?  We are in the Army and the car has been shipped to South Korea. The brakes have always been a challenge but on the trip to St Louis to turn the car in for shipping the brakes felt like they were going to shake the car apart.  It had never been that bad before but it came at the end of long spate of "accordion" traffic.  Could I get some help please?

6 minutes ago, tjys said:

I have a 2011 GTS convertible.  I'm having issues with the fronts brakes.  What are the specifications on the all of the brakes; rotors, pads, etc?  We are in the Army and the car has been shipped to South Korea. The brakes have always been a challenge but on the trip to St Louis to turn the car in for shipping the brakes felt like they were going to shake the car apart.  It had never been that bad before but it came at the end of long spate of "accordion" traffic.  Could I get some help please?

Please email your cars CSM number and I'll research your GTS build to see what brakes it left SAI with.

stevent@shelby.com

There are two numbers.  On the sales receipt it's 12GTS0034.  On the certificate that came with the car it's 11GTS0034.  Since it's a 2011 I've always used the 11GTS0034 number.  The plaque that came on the car was actually pried off the center console on the first overseas shipment.

Thanks for the information.  So the front rotors are the same size as the rear, 14"?  And I just noted that the attachment says it is not used on the V6 ... which is what I have.

Edited by tjys

21 minutes ago, tjys said:

Thanks for the information.  So the front rotors are the same size as the rear, 14"?  And I just noted that the attachment says it is not used on the V6 ... which is what I have.

It excludes NON - ABS v6 cars, I'm pretty confident you have ABS brakes so you are ok.

Steven, I went to order the 14" front brakes on SAI and noted the there is a difference in price for the same rotors ($845 front vs $749 rear).  Other than a name change (front vs rear) they appear to be the same thing.  Could you please tell me what the difference is in size, shape, materials, etc?  

1 hour ago, tjys said:

Steven, I went to order the 14" front brakes on SAI and noted the there is a difference in price for the same rotors ($845 front vs $749 rear).  Other than a name change (front vs rear) they appear to be the same thing.  Could you please tell me what the difference is in size, shape, materials, etc?  

Please call SPP at 844-9-SHELBY or 702-405-3500

SPP will answer any questions you have.