TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Picked up a Set of KR mufflers for my SGT

I picked up a set of KR Axel Backs for my SGT and wouldn’t you know it, they were still attached to the car.  08KR0697 officially has a new home.

First, I couldn’t be happier with the purchase.  For me there is something something special about these pre-title cars.  Sure the 13/14 has more tech and power (the KR is plenty for now)...but it’s still a KR.

I’m sure to have questions along the way, and I’m looking forward to spooling up this section of the forum.

I know, I know pics, but the new iPhone image quality is so high by the time I dumb down the resolution it’s too grainy, so I have some desktop work to do.  

The SGT is a vista blue vert and the KR is silver. 

Ok, I was able to get a image compressed enough to post. 

Thanks for the congrats!  I put on my first mod today...Shelby’s KR billet brake fluid cap.  I can only think the reason this was not on originally is due to the extreme corrosive nature of Dot3 and the risk of “aftermarket” cap was too in mass transit and on showroom floors, but that is pure speculation on my end.  Next is tires. The originals are still on an petrified they are indeed.  I’ll keep for date code reasons, but that’s it.  

8819D7B0-6809-437B-BD47-7B6DFE98749A.png

Edited by mfield2a

19 hours ago, mfield2a said:

Ok, I was able to get a image compressed enough to post. 

Thanks for the congrats!  I put on my first mod today...Shelby’s KR billet brake fluid cap.  I can only think the reason this was not on originally is due to the extreme corrosive nature of Dot3 and the risk of “aftermarket” cap was too in mass transit and on showroom floors, but that is pure speculation on my end.  Next is tires. The originals are still on an petrified they are indeed.  I’ll keep for date code reasons, but that’s it.  

8819D7B0-6809-437B-BD47-7B6DFE98749A.png

^^^^Nice! Very Nice!

R

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I'm digging up this year old post to add a few more thoughts. (You'll eventually see this reply in a year or so.......lol). As far as I know, the KR's did not originally come with the Aluminum Billet brake fluid caps because someone at Shelby left them in a box on a shelf somewhere and forgot to install them. What I do know is, Shelby released the sale of them after the fact for $50 I believe. I secured one and it's now on the car.

[mfield2a], I still want to purchase your Vista Blue Shelby GT to compliment my Vista Blue KR.