TEAM SHELBY FORUM

trying to hang in there

pythonman

Here is my story. Heard about gt 500 maybe coming out back in early 05. went to dealer and he knew nothing. By april 06 go again to dealer and now he has 4 people in line and I give $1000 deposit not knowing cars price yet and agree to pay $5000 over.When dealer finds out they only get two a year I was told to hang in there some people will back out as the will be paying $15000 and more over( i am a good customer so they say thats why only five over). So one guy backs out and It looks good for the 08. Now I get bumped to #3 and they say I will be getting first car this year. Havent been able to find one for $5000 over. so I keep waiting. Hopfully I will get before the snow flys and I have to put away till next year but we'll see. Reading all the forums keeps me going but it killing me. Anyone else in my boat. Misery loves company they say.

Welcome Pythonman!

Yes, a lot of us are in your boat. Your story is sad but common. You can find many stories like yours here. The GT500 is a great car and unfortunately, everyone wants one thereby driving the prices up and availability down. I agree with you, hang in there and someday you will have one. Plentiful doses of patience will help.

Oh yea there are alot of people like you. And alot of folks that are worse off and have been shafted trying to get this car.

Hang in there and just be glad your going to get one at a descent price.

It took me almost 2 years just to find a dealer that I could work with.

Here is my story. Heard about gt 500 maybe coming out back in early 05. went to dealer and he knew nothing. By april 06 go again to dealer and now he has 4 people in line and I give $1000 deposit not knowing cars price yet and agree to pay $5000 over.When dealer finds out they only get two a year I was told to hang in there some people will back out as the will be paying $15000 and more over( i am a good customer so they say thats why only five over). So one guy backs out and It looks good for the 08. Now I get bumped to #3 and they say I will be getting first car this year. Havent been able to find one for $5000 over. so I keep waiting. Hopfully I will get before the snow flys and I have to put away till next year but we'll see. Reading all the forums keeps me going but it killing me. Anyone else in my boat. Misery loves company they say.

What city and state are you in?

Python -

Your story is EXACTLY the same as mine (do a search for "My 07 just became an 08"). It's good to know that we are not in this along. As others on this site have told me "hang in there". Let's just hope we see them before 09 rolls around.

So, what colors and options did you order?

Im in NJ. Found a couple on lots but they all wanted at least $12000 over

Black with white stripes, all options but 1000 shaker,nav., and satillite. Im not very computer savay so please be paitent

I found mine for $5,000 over MSRP and it was on eBay and in California of all places. I had been checking eBay daily until my system crashed. It took me two days to fix it and when I got back to eBay there it was. A buy it now price for $50,760 and a couple of bidders sitting at $48 something. I hit the buy it now price. When I talked with the sales contact he said it had been listed for a day and a half before I bought it.

So while the deals are few you must be checking every source daily and be ready to move at a moments notice. I did receive a lot of followup calls from dealers wanting to know if I was ready to come closer to their prices. It was fun to tell them how much I paid for the car.

Black with white stripes, all options but 1000 shaker,nav., and satillite. Im not very computer savay so please be paitent

I know the feeling python....I'm an average techie also and this was the first forum I ever joined. We'll bring you along, just ask questions if you don't know how to do something. One hint....the little orange square next to each thread will take you directly to the LAST post even if the thread is 40 pages long. It's a real time saver and I didn't know this until I'd been on this site for a couple months.

Dave

Archived