TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Next Week Is Build Week For Us...Odd Coincidence Too!

mosconiac

My Dad & I ordered an '08 GT500 a while back and the build date is July 16th (next Monday).

My Cobra (see sig) was built on July 16, 2002...exactly 5 years before the GT500 is slated to be built! What an odd coincidence, huh?!?!?

My Cobra was delivered on July 22, but I don't expect such a quick turn-around on the GT500. I'm told there is a two week delay in striping due to short supply of blue stripes. Is that still the case?

I didn't hear that, but I do know the plant is shut for 2 weeks in july & they start backup next week. I have a story to share about this info that I'll post in a new thread hopefully by tomorrow. In short, someone who works at AAI searched me out today in my hometown when they seen my car at the car wash..... and said " Your ColdwaterHotRod aren't you?" :ohsnap:

They must have connections too :hysterical:

I didn't hear that, but I do know the plant is shut for 2 weeks in july & they start backup next week. I have a story to share about this info that I'll post in a new thread hopefully by tomorrow. In short, someone who works at AAI searched me out today in my hometown when they seen my car at the car wash..... and said " Your ColdwaterHotRod aren't you?" :ohsnap:

They must have connections too :hysterical:

my date is july 30th, and i'm not getting stripes :)

hopefully will be in august, but i'm thinkin it will be september

my date is july 30th, and i'm not getting stripes :)

hopefully will be in august, but i'm thinkin it will be september

Get ready for the endless questions: "Why didn't you get stripes?"

In the case of my Cobra, it was: "Why didn't you get the spoiler?"

Get ready for the endless questions: "Why didn't you get stripes?"

In the case of my Cobra, it was: "Why didn't you get the spoiler?"

1) because everyone has stripes

2) because i hate them (mainly the lowers)

3) because i hate stickers (on the body)

4) because everyone has stripes

i may end up painting the center stripes on after i get the car, but no stickers for me :)

1) because everyone has stripes

2) because i hate them (mainly the lowers)

3) because i hate stickers (on the body)

4) because everyone has stripes

i may end up painting the center stripes on after i get the car, but no stickers for me :)

I agree with your arguments, the fact that the stripes are stickers is a disgrace. It won't keep them from selling, but...

• 3 weeks later...

Great news...the dealer called this morning as they were pulling our GT500 off the transport. What do you know, Ford hit their Aug 6th delivery date! I'll post pics of the delivery later.

I told them to only do their mandatory PDI stuff and to leave the stickers/plastic in place and most of all...don't wash it.

Archived