TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone called on SS packakge yet?

Since you have paid your $10K deposit, a couple of questions:

1. When were you contacted?

2. Do you know where you were on the SS list?

3. Were you provided a detailed list of components and modifications for the SS package?

Thanks,

Jim

1) I wasn't contacted. Let me explain. Took a trip to Shelby to find my friends Gt. We met with Steve and John took the tore of the shop, and had John help us find the car in the lot of about 1200 white and black Gts. Steve was in charge of the 40th so he put me on the list. Both him and John said bigger things were coming. Soon after that the S/S came out and I e-mailed Steve to put me on the list and he did per his e-mail. I join this site and read everything. Then read a post from Amy that all the 40ths had been called panic set in and I called out there. Because no one had called me. I found out Steve had left John was busy and I was given to a very nice lady named Adrienne. She found me on the S/S but not on the 40th list. My # 573. She told me they would be calling me soon to take my deposit, and I told her she would have to hang up on me because I had no intentions of getting off the phone until she took a deposit. Which she was very glad to do. John has since responded to a few questions I had about the car and if I needed to make any changes to it before I bring it out. He said all the up-fits I have done won't hinder the installation of the S/S package. Now just waiting on my turn, 2 week notice and I will be trailering my Shelby there and waiting for it to be done. Then trailering back with all the take off parts loaded in the truck. ROAD TRIP!!!

2)# 573

3)No there has been so much said about it that I'm sure I will be very happy with the results.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was never contacted about the 40th & I was 74th or 75th on the list when I talked with john. & now they are over 500+ deposits?

I'm getting a bad feeling about even be called on the SS then if this his how it works & I'm still thinking of ripping off the FB stripes & putting VISTA BLUE stripes on the SS

So your #543 on the 40th package, with SS upgrades? And you put down a $10K deposit?

Hi Guys

If you are asking me. I was told I'm 573 on the S/S list. And could only get one or the other. I'm only interested in handling and power don't care about stripes or any Bling Bling stuff. But I get the vibes from Shelby that they might mix them some how. So the 10,000 is for the S/S Package.

Et al.....

Your Exact CSM # that will appear on all your plaques is 07XL0366 (07 for the year, XL for 40, and your specific #).

I have also included the following upgrades on the 40th.

HP upgrade

Brake Upgrade

CAI

Chrome Shelby Razor Wheels

1/4 Window Louvres

Short shifter

and I am thinking of adding the side scoops....Debating on them.......Put my depost down 4 weeks ago....Adrienne said to expect my call back to bring the car between 4-6 weeks from date of deposit...

Respectfully,

JW

1) Yes, they started calling on SS packages yesterday according to Adrienne from SAI and I got my call today. :happy feet: My CSM# SS070670 (SS for Super Snake, 07 for the year of the GT500 and 4 digit sequence number of production. I was also told the 4 digit number could move up depending on the seriousness of people on the list which is around 1500 right now.

2) I'll be wiring the $10,000.00 non-refundable deposit first thing in the morning.

3) SAI is still putting together a detailed breakdown of all the components and modifications in the package at this time. I'm not worried about this, I've put my trust in Amy Boylan to put together a perfect Super Snake package.

I'm thrilled to be one of the choosen one's! :headspin: Bring on the flat black stripes and the 725HP, I'm ready!

post-9339-1185507316_thumb.jpg

post-9339-1185507316_thumb.jpg

1) Yes, they started calling on SS packages yesterday according to Adrienne from SAI and I got my call today. :happy feet: My CSM# SS070670 (SS for Super Snake, 07 for the year of the GT500 and 4 digit sequence number of production. I was also told the 4 digit number could move up depending on the seriousness of people on the list which is around 1500 right now.

2) I'll be wiring the $10,000.00 non-refundable deposit first thing in the morning.

3) SAI is still putting together a detailed breakdown of all the components and modifications in the package at this time. I'm not worried about this, I've put my trust in Amy Boylan to put together a perfect Super Snake package.

I'm thrilled to be one of the choosen one's! :headspin: Bring on the flat black stripes and the 725HP, I'm ready!

Did they give you any more information then what has been posted so far?

What kind of time frame for yours getting done?

When did you sign up on the list?

I'm suprised at the 670 # of SS production as it seems like for them just starting to call people and already have 670 confirmed people on the list. That number just seems high unless they are not putting them in sequence yet or blending the numbers with something else.

I don't really have any new info, except what we all have seen posted so far.

I was told not to expect the first one to be started till after the winter :banghead: (I hope not) and with mine being so far from no. 1, that I problable won't be called to bring it in till late next summer unless they open some other shops to do the mods which I really hope they do.

I signed up about 1-1/2 months ago and really what happen is that I called to check my status and get some questions answered when Adrienne asked me if I wanted to take care of mailing in the deposit while she had me on the phone. Of course I said "Heck Yes, Lets do it!" They already started calling the day before and to save them from calling me later seeing that I was already early enough on the list to go ahead and take care of signing up. So my advice to anyone out there thinking of a SS is to call and get on the list, even if you don't have the car yet. They already have somewhere around 1500 names.

As for my number being so high and just started making phone calls, well she said seeing that they just started calling that I could move up depending on the seriousness of the people ahead of me on the list. So you could say this number was actually my number on the call in list.

:snake:

I don't really have any new info, except what we all have seen posted so far.

I was told not to expect the first one to be started till after the winter :banghead: (I hope not) and with mine being so far from no. 1, that I problable won't be called to bring it in till late next summer unless they open some other shops to do the mods which I really hope they do.

I signed up about 1-1/2 months ago and really what happen is that I called to check my status and get some questions answered when Adrienne asked me if I wanted to take care of mailing in the deposit while she had me on the phone. Of course I said "Heck Yes, Lets do it!" They already started calling the day before and to save them from calling me later seeing that I was already early enough on the list to go ahead and take care of signing up. So my advice to anyone out there thinking of a SS is to call and get on the list, even if you don't have the car yet. They already have somewhere around 1500 names.

As for my number being so high and just started making phone calls, well she said seeing that they just started calling that I could move up depending on the seriousness of the people ahead of me on the list. So you could say this number was actually my number on the call in list.

:snake:

Thanks for the reply. That answers alot of questions I had right there.

I have talked to SAI a few times but cannot get an answer on how much to convert a KR to Super Snake pkg. I have been told that it will cheaper, $15K-20k, as it already has some of the components of the SS but no firm pricing as of yet.....shoyoright.....

I don't know why you would what to do this other than to get more HP because I fell in love with the KR orginally. If I could be promised one at a reasonable price, I would get it instead of SS my GT500 and than adding HP to it. So I could see increasing the HP but to see the aqua strips traded in for the flat black strips would be a sin. I love the color combination. :snake:

I don't know why you would what to do this other than to get more HP because I fell in love with the KR orginally. If I could be promised one at a reasonable price, I would get it instead of SS my GT500 and than adding HP to it. So I could see increasing the HP but to see the aqua strips traded in for the flat black strips would be a sin. I love the color combination. :snake:

First, welcome to the forums, MB GT500SS!!! Lots of cool folks here...it is not yet clear if the show color on the KR stripes is a production color, though it would make sense. Sorry to burst your bubble (for now).

I like to think of the SS as a KR the way Shelby would have done it, no holds barred. It's not for eveyone, but it sure as heck is for me...as far as getting the KR at a reasonable price, good luck! That is one tough car to get, even wth ADM! Stick around, there is lots of info here ou won't see elsewhere... ;)

Now that the dust has settled on the Super Snake Package components, I was wondering the following:

1) Has anyone been called by SAI and asked to put down their deposit?

2) Did you pay the $10,000.00 non-refundable deposit?

3) Did SAI provide a detailed breakdown of all the components and modifications in the package?

I am supposedly near the top of the list and haven't heard a thing. I called SAI and was on hold for nearly an hour a couple of days ago before I got a real person on the line to ask specific questions related to the stripe color issue. No change there. I was told the there were three people calling the lists at that time.

Jim

Now that the dust has settled on the Super Snake Package components, I was wondering the following:

3) Did SAI provide a detailed breakdown of all the components and modifications in the package?

I am supposedly near the top of the list and haven't heard a thing. I called SAI and was on hold for nearly an hour a couple of days ago before I got a real person on the line to ask specific questions related to the stripe color issue. No change there. I was told the there were three people calling the lists at that time.

Jim

Jim

Got a call today from Adrienne Poplin from SAI. TVS will not be the supercharger for the 600hp package. No supersnake will be done in stages. Currently, Las Vegas is where all the supersnakes will be done. $10,000 non refundable deposit to get a number for conversion, $10,000 due at time of scheduling, and the balance when car is finished.

Crispy23c, thanks for the welcome! Thanks for clearing up then color combination on the KR, I did not know that. I thought that they were going to make all the KR's that combo like black & white Shelby GT's seeing they are only making 1000 of them. Now that I think we have and understanding on the color combo, I still I'm having a hard time understanding why someone would take a KR and converted to a SS unless there getting the KR at Invoice. The price I'm hearing is that you won't be able to touch a KR for less than 40+ over invoice. So after you do the math were talking somewhere in th 90K range before the SS pakage, it make more fiancanal sence to me to get the GT500 and pay to have that converted if the SS is what your seeking. Am I way off base? What do you think? :snake:

I got the call today from Adriene my # is SS070037 :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: I was a little upset to learn that there is a difference in price between the 605 and the 725HP they have not stated how much the price difference is. I need to find out what the deal is Adriene said things change :rant: Also the word shelby will NOT go across the hood.

Crispy23c, thanks for the welcome! Thanks for clearing up then color combination on the KR, I did not know that. I thought that they were going to make all the KR's that combo like black & white Shelby GT's seeing they are only making 1000 of them. Now that I think we have and understanding on the color combo, I still I'm having a hard time understanding why someone would take a KR and converted to a SS unless there getting the KR at Invoice. The price I'm hearing is that you won't be able to touch a KR for less than 40+ over invoice. So after you do the math were talking somewhere in th 90K range before the SS pakage, it make more fiancanal sence to me to get the GT500 and pay to have that converted if the SS is what your seeking. Am I way off base? What do you think? :snake:

MB GT500SS,

Welcome to Stangs Unleashed! Just my 2 cents but it doesn't make any sense to take a KR and convert it to a SS. If the SS is what you want, start with a base car and do the upgrade to that.

Again, just my 2 cents.

I got the call today from Adriene my # is SS070037 :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: I was a little upset to learn that there is a difference in price between the 605 and the 725HP they have not stated how much the price difference is. I need to find out what the deal is Adriene said things change :rant: Also the word shelby will NOT go across the hood.

The SS was never slated to get the new modern SHELBY lettering on the hood like the KR. it was shown in a proto type photo, but since then it has been stated by Amy many times that it wouldn't happen

I recieved my call yesterday .

I said no for a few reasons.

(1) flat black stripes only (no other options) sorry not gonna change the vista blue /white look esp without seeing the car in person first.

(2) no east coast installer ,only Las Vegas installs (at least as of today)

(3) no final price on the 700 + hp package (another change ?)

It looks like I will be doing things myself and saving about 18- 20 grand in the process and getting a better car in the end. This of course is just how I feel about it based on the way things are right now.

It's too bad because at first I was really looking forward to getting the SS.

I guess in the end it just not what I expected it would be. If I had a GO color I might feel different at least about the stripes.

(1) flat black stripes only (no other options) sorry not gonna change the vista blue /white look esp without seeing the car in person first.

It looks like I will be doing things myself and saving about 18- 20 grand in the process and getting a better car in the end. This of course is just how I feel about it based on the way things are right now.

I guess in the end it just not what I expected it would be. If I had a GO color I might feel different at least about the stripes.

The guys that got called what # on the list were you?

The guys that got called what # on the list were you?

I was called yesterday.

They are now calling people that were originally on the 40th Anniversary list and switched to the SS package. They are not yet calling people that have only been on the SS list, which is 1600 people long. People on the SS list that call SAI and confirm are being issued numbers based on their place on the SS list. Hence the high numbers.

The first 25 numbers are reserved for Carroll. Since I was originally on the 40th list I am #54.

Before I send my $10,000 there are a few questions I will be asking. They include warranty, rear end, tire size and brand, driveshaft, S/C brand, and a couple of minor things.

Are there are any other things I should bring up?

+1

I'm still on the fence about painting the vista blue on after the FB are applied & then ripped off & thrown in the trash. But now were hearing it's more money for the 725HP SS :nonono:

I'm also guessing that the HP numbers that SAI is talking about are crank numbers and not rear wheel.

Huge difference between those two numbers.

605 crank hp is really easy to obtain it seems with just a CAI and Tune with the stock S/C.

At least your really close to those numbers.

With a pulley your way over those 605 hp numbers.

Why does SAI have to change the stock S/C for 605hp? or is it just a CAI, pulley and tune? EVO has a power upgrade package (Stage 4) they claim can get up to 177RWH/160RWT with out changing the S/C, starting at $3700.00. Maybe SAI could do something like this and same us some $$$$.

Archived