TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 production schedule

rkfaul

I am in line for a 2008 GT500..a small dealer who is allotted one and I will get it. They placed the order with Ford about 4 weeks ago. Can anyone explain to me how I might guess when the car will be built. Are the GT500s built in batches or do they come down the line with other stangs as the order comes in. Are they on schdule...I saw one message that said job one was june 29th or so...with 1st 08 available this month. Has anyone received their 08 yet? Any rumor or news appreciated. I dont really want to hassle the dealer unnecessarily....they have ordered the car optioned as I asked for and have been very good to work with so far. Any way of guessing how they are built...is it based on when Ford recieves the order or are there other factors involved. Thanks

I am in line for a 2008 GT500..a small dealer who is allotted one and I will get it. They placed the order with Ford about 4 weeks ago. Can anyone explain to me how I might guess when the car will be built. Are the GT500s built in batches or do they come down the line with other stangs as the order comes in. Are they on schdule...I saw one message that said job one was june 29th or so...with 1st 08 available this month. Has anyone received their 08 yet? Any rumor or news appreciated. I dont really want to hassle the dealer unnecessarily....they have ordered the car optioned as I asked for and have been very good to work with so far. Any way of guessing how they are built...is it based on when Ford recieves the order or are there other factors involved. Thanks

It does not matter when the order is submitted to Ford. It all depends on WHEN Ford gives YOUR DEALER their allocation for this car. It could be this week or any week up until the ladt week of the 2008 production. Your order can be submitted but it will just sit there in the order bank until your dealer's allocation becomes available. Your dealer has no control over when they will get their allocation. Ford gives out the allocation to the dealers.

There were some that ordered their 2007 back in early 2006 before production ever started and they just got their car within the last month! So if your dealer's allocation doesn't come up until June of 2008 your car won't get scheduled until June of 2008.

Your dealer should be able to find out the approx. week their allocation is scheduled to come up. It could be the week of July 16th, or the week of Dec. 15th, or the week of April 5th, etc. Once their week of allocation come up then Ford will pull the order and schedule a built date and issue a complete vin number on the car. The build week is usually within a month after they pull the order and schedule a build date.

It could be 3 months, 5 months, 8 months, etc.

Welcome to the forum. Good to have ya.

Check out this Sticky and it will give you a bunch of the info that you want.

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=3419

Thanks to all of you who have provided the info to my questions....it has been very helpful at least I know what to ask the dealer for. Will post an update when I find out more. Very helpful and thanks

This is my storie. my dealer gets two a year. been on waiting list for two years with a $1000 deposit. I was #5 already back then. One guy backed out moved me two #4. Couldnt get in on the 07 because he only gets two a year so had to wait for the 08. Yesterday they tell me they moved me to #3 so I should get first one this year. I will belive it when I see it. Im paying $5000 over and havent found a better deal so I keep waiting

This is my storie. my dealer gets two a year. been on waiting list for two years with a $1000 deposit. I was #5 already back then. One guy backed out moved me two #4. Couldnt get in on the 07 because he only gets two a year so had to wait for the 08. Yesterday they tell me they moved me to #3 so I should get first one this year. I will belive it when I see it. Im paying $5000 over and havent found a better deal so I keep waiting

What city and state are you in?

Archived