TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Antenna pictures?

cwilder

I bought the 8" from American Muscle some time ago for my 01 GT. The reception is very week across the board. I took the old 01 GT antenna and cut it down to use on my GT500. (since the antennas are identical) The length on this is about 20", which is the longest I could go and still have the antenna on the car and fit UNDER my 4 post lift. Reception is far better than the 8" antenna, but my intention is to purchase a 14" from American Muscle this weekend and see what results I get.

Just FYI from my experiences......

A longer antenna will always get better reception, but you'd probably only notice it in on weaker stations and in fringe areas of stronger stations.

Those shortys do look great!!! And suck less HP at speed! :)

I live in a fringe area, lunatic fringe :hysterical: Right 3C's?

I think I did notice the increase of HP a little...

I bought the 8" from American Muscle some time ago for my 01 GT. The reception is very week across the board. I took the old 01 GT antenna and cut it down to use on my GT500. (since the antennas are identical) The length on this is about 20", which is the longest I could go and still have the antenna on the car and fit UNDER my 4 post lift. Reception is far better than the 8" antenna, but my intention is to purchase a 14" from American Muscle this weekend and see what results I get.

Just FYI from my experiences......

I have the 8" from American Muscle also and notice no difference in reception, could depend on your area. My area is flat and I only drive in good weather.

Nice looking mirrors. Are they painted or covers? If they're covers, where did you find them?

I like his too.

I got the full covers from Hubcaps Plus and they painted them to match as well. Just make sure you use rubbing alcohol on the mirrors before installing them.

New-Mirror-Covers-003.jpg

I like his too.

I got the full covers from Hubcaps Plus and they painted them to match as well. Just make sure you use rubbing alcohol on the mirrors before installing them.

New-Mirror-Covers-003.jpg

They look great from the front. Hows the look from the back side? Is it a good tight fit ?

My stock antenna measures about 32". I like the looks of the 14" antennas but mathematically the 8" would have better reception - now I can't decide!! I wonder if anyone makes a 16.

...it will only matter in a station's fringe area.

They look great from the front. Hows the look from the back side? Is it a good tight fit ?

The fit was tight...the installer wasn't....

I just peeled the tape and slapped them on...next day, ran errands all day, came in and discovered the passenger one missing...I was sick...jumped in my car, back tracked all my driving and found it of to the side of the road. 2 very small chips in the aft part. I was lucky. I touched the drivers cover and it came off in my hands.

So this time, I still used the 3M adhesive tape, it was very tacky, but I cleaned the mirror's plastic surface with alcohol and added a fine bead of 3M black silicone adhesive down each strip of tape.

I think there there for a while. :hysterical:

At first I thought I wouldn't like the cover from the rear, now, I don't even notice it.

The covers painted and shipped where $171.

Any one change out their ugly factory antenna? If so what did you cahnge to and if you have some pics.

THanks,

CW

I Installed a 6" AMI "stubbie" antenna. I still get good reception on most stations. I have Sirius so I don't need regular radio anyway. I think it looks so much better than stock. Hey Grabber i got the mirror covers too! very cool accessorization

ShelbySteve

post-8657-1184357113_thumb.jpg

post-8657-1184357113_thumb.jpg

My stock antenna measures about 32". I like the looks of the 14" antennas but mathematically the 8" would have better reception - now I can't decide!! I wonder if anyone makes a 16.

You can make it any size you want.

I ended up getting both 14" & 8" from American Muscle. I had the 14" on at first, but it seemed to vibrate a LOT. So much that my wife complained about it...and she doesn't complain about vibrations much :D . So I put on the 8" and no more vibration. No noticeable difference in reception either.

I ended up getting both 14" & 8" from American Muscle. I had the 14" on at first, but it seemed to vibrate a LOT. So much that my wife complained about it...and she doesn't complain about vibrations much :D . So I put on the 8" and no more vibration. No noticeable difference in reception either.

Thanks guys....just ordered 2.......14inch, I was going to order the 8"...oh well just kidding. not a big investment.

I noticed the vibrations aswell. Only the top part where the ball is... but it is noticable, i wonder if there is a fix other than going down to 8"

PS. Does everyones 14" line up with the roof line? Maybe im blind but mine doesnt seem like it does.

It is a little lower. Depends on the angle that you look at it.

th_817bafdf.jpg

Here is a better angle for comparison.

th_18034eb9.jpg

haha, i appoligize for making you go out and film your car, totally not necessary but i greatly appreciate it!!!

PS: i noticed thats it still completely light there in washington... thats not fair! its pitch black here in the REAL washington area! :hysterical2:

Archived