TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500KR MSRP

Steep

Does anyone know what the KR will list for?

First I want to say welcome to the site. It has not been officially released yet but, we believe it will fall somewhere between 60-68. Don't hold me to that it is just my guess.

First I want to say welcome to the site. It has not been officially released yet but, we believe it will fall somewhere between 60-68. Don't hold me to that it is just my guess.

I just put down a deposit for a KR I agreed to pay 40K over MSRP 60-68 puts me well over 100K. Was I out of my mind?

The Ford "GT40" and the KR address different markets, so I wouldn't bet that the KR won't meet similar prices as the Ford GT.

in the end of the whole thing. Why does anybody care what this car is worth 40 years from now? I could invest the same money in stock and bonds and have it be worth way more than this car will ever sell for.

I do not believe that a KR or SS or 40th will bring anywhere near what a GT will bring in 40 years.

in the end of the whole thing. Why does anybody care what this car is worth 40 years from now? I could invest the same money in stock and bonds and have it be worth way more than this car will ever sell for.

I do not believe that a KR or SS or 40th will bring anywhere near what a GT will bring in 40 years.

Yes, you could be right. Will the KR be worth the 100K in the long run? Does the limited run of these cars mean that it will go up in value, and how much? Does one just buy for pure love of the car?

Why? Because its a damned sight more fun than leaving the money sitting in a boring old 401k plan. If I could take my 401k plan for a spin around the racetrack from time to time, that would be great, but I can't.

Anyway, these cars are not a pure investment. If they were, there would be a lot more people who buy them and "preserve" them straight away - i.e. shrink wrap them. I've got to say that a 1968 GT500KR that was nitrogen-preserved the day it was bought would probably be worth an absolute fortune today. But that is not what these cars are all about. They're about the pleasure you get from owning and driving them.

Chris.

Why? Because its a damned sight more fun than leaving the money sitting in a boring old 401k plan. If I could take my 401k plan for a spin around the racetrack from time to time, that would be great, but I can't.

Anyway, these cars are not a pure investment. If they were, there would be a lot more people who buy them and "preserve" them straight away - i.e. shrink wrap them. I've got to say that a 1968 GT500KR that was nitrogen-preserved the day it was bought would probably be worth an absolute fortune today. But that is not what these cars are all about. They're about the pleasure you get from owning and driving them.

Chris.

I know of and have seen a green 1968 GT500KR vert with 40 original miles on it...probably is worth a ton of money...but who cares? It's a 40 year old car, that will probably never be driven.

This new KR is worth it's MSRP, nothing more. Just like the GT500. It's the 2007 model cobra, that's all.

I know of and have seen a green 1968 GT500KR vert with 40 original miles on it...probably is worth a ton of money...but who cares? It's a 40 year old car, that will probably never be driven.

This new KR is worth it's MSRP, nothing more. Just like the GT500. It's the 2007 model cobra, that's all.

I'll bet the guy that bought the 68KR is long gone.

So what's my 1968 KR "worth"? MSRP of $4k, depreciated over 40 years? I don't think so....

We can argue about values all day, but a car is simply "worth" what someone will pay for it. If people will pay more than MSRP for the 2008 KR (and they will), then it is worth more than the MSRP...

Chris.

So what's my 1968 KR "worth"? MSRP of $4k, depreciated over 40 years? I don't think so....

We can argue about values all day, but a car is simply "worth" what someone will pay for it. If people will pay more than MSRP for the 2008 KR (and they will), then it is worth more than the MSRP...

Chris.

Could not agree more. Same can be said for the 2007 GT500's that sold for MSRP+

Hey All....any reliable news on when we can expect to see an order guide? :shrug:

I try to keep up with all new postings regarding the KR here and on other Mustang boards, Blue Oval News, SAI, etc and I just haven't come across any new info.

I've read about the first 5 going lotto-style at the one event, then another 50 going to highest volume dealerships on truck sales. I've read/heard about the many different theories about how they should/might/oughta allocate, but it makes sense that they'll distribute along the same lines they always do. Volume dealerships come first and then it's some sort of free-for-all afterwards.

Does anyone have any inside news about when they'll actually start actively promoting these things for sale or pre-sale....anything more than some of the overly-ambitious :censored: dealerships we've seen on Ebay?

While it is great looking, I'm tired of looking at just the one vapor/blue KR with the same rehashed article. :boring:

SOOO...all that to ask...does anyone actually KNOW anything new about these bad boys coming down the pipe?

thanks - hope I don't sound too sarcastic...I'm just a little obsessed and not getting my info fix lately

:hyper:

Chris.

I'm sorry, but a 1968 gt500kr and a 2007 gt500 (08 KR) have nothing in common with each other besides a name. A 68 KR wasn't worth much (40's-50's) until Gone in 60 Seconds game around. The car got hot because of "eleanor". Just curious, when did you buy your KR and for how much? Couldn't they be picked up for less than 10K in the 80's?

You would have to account for inflation as well...4K in 1967 would buy you a whole hell of a lot more than 4K today.

Hey All....any reliable news on when we can expect to see an order guide? :shrug:

I try to keep up with all new postings regarding the KR here and on other Mustang boards, Blue Oval News, SAI, etc and I just haven't come across any new info.

I've read about the first 5 going lotto-style at the one event, then another 50 going to highest volume dealerships on truck sales. I've read/heard about the many different theories about how they should/might/oughta allocate, but it makes sense that they'll distribute along the same lines they always do. Volume dealerships come first and then it's some sort of free-for-all afterwards.

Does anyone have any inside news about when they'll actually start actively promoting these things for sale or pre-sale....anything more than some of the overly-ambitious :censored: dealerships we've seen on Ebay?

While it is great looking, I'm tired of looking at just the one vapor/blue KR with the same rehashed article. :boring:

SOOO...all that to ask...does anyone actually KNOW anything new about these bad boys coming down the pipe?

thanks - hope I don't sound too sarcastic...I'm just a little obsessed and not getting my info fix lately

:hyper:

First off, welcome to the board.

I would guess order guides in about February/March 2008.

I doubt there will ever be any active promotion...they don't need it.

There will likely be little additional info until about 3 months prior to initial production. That's the way the GT500 was. And keep in mind that many of the stories about the GT500 turned out to be incorrect in many ways...it was magazines making assumptions or Ford making slight changes in plans. Just read any GT500 article from 2005 and you'll see what I mean. Some said pricing would DEFINITELY be under $40k...WRONG. Some said it would have IRS...WRONG. Etc. So don't trust too much unless it comes straight from Ford, and even then it can be wrong sometimes.

You're going to need a healthy dose of patience.

Dave

First off, welcome to the board.

I would guess order guides in about February/March 2008.

I doubt there will ever be any active promotion...they don't need it.

There will likely be little additional info until about 3 months prior to initial production. That's the way the GT500 was. And keep in mind that many of the stories about the GT500 turned out to be incorrect in many ways...it was magazines making assumptions or Ford making slight changes in plans. Just read any GT500 article from 2005 and you'll see what I mean. Some said pricing would DEFINITELY be under $40k...WRONG. Some said it would have IRS...WRONG. Etc. So don't trust too much unless it comes straight from Ford, and even then it can be wrong sometimes.

You're going to need a healthy dose of patience.

Dave

FYI: I was told by someone at SAI that KR conversions would begin in December of this year.

Well i didn't have a 68KR but i did have a 1969 GT500 that i bought for 2500.00 back in oh 1975.When i sold it it my profit on the car way out wayed my 401k...So i still invest in the car market..

so, 7 years later you bought the car for 50% of it's initial price, but today paying over MSRP seems like a "good investment".

I was lucky enough to buy my KR 6 months before gone in 60 seconds came out :D I paid a lot more than it was "worth" in 1968, and a lot less than it is "worth" today. Interestingly enough, all that Eleanor and my car share is a name too...

Anyway, I am not trying to do a comparative analysis of investments here - all I am saying is that "worth" is a relative term. But if you insist that you will only pay MSRP for a GT500KR, then I suspect that you will not be buying one... Anyway, I don't recommend buying a car as an investment, I recommend buying a car for fun!

Chris.

I'm sorry, but a 1968 gt500kr and a 2007 gt500 (08 KR) have nothing in common with each other besides a name. A 68 KR wasn't worth much (40's-50's) until Gone in 60 Seconds game around. The car got hot because of "eleanor". Just curious, when did you buy your KR and for how much? Couldn't they be picked up for less than 10K in the 80's?

You would have to account for inflation as well...4K in 1967 would buy you a whole hell of a lot more than 4K today.

I was lucky enough to buy my KR 6 months before gone in 60 seconds came out :D I paid a lot more than it was "worth" in 1968, and a lot less than it is "worth" today. Interestingly enough, all that Eleanor and my car share is a name too...

Anyway, I am not trying to do a comparative analysis of investments here - all I am saying is that "worth" is a relative term. But if you insist that you will only pay MSRP for a GT500KR, then I suspect that you will not be buying one... Anyway, I don't recommend buying a car as an investment, I recommend buying a car for fun!

Chris.

I've had my GT500 since August 06, and I paid MSRP for it. :headspin:

Archived