TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500KR MSRP

Steep

I've had my GT500 since August 06, and I paid MSRP for it. :headspin:

Good for you! I'm betting you don't live in California though... So how much is it "worth" today? KBB.com suggests $63,365! Good investment, huh? :happy feet:

Chris.

Good for you! I'm betting you don't live in California though... So how much is it "worth" today? KBB.com suggests $63,365! Good investment, huh? :happy feet:

Chris.

Well, now that we have beat this one to death. If you guys had a choice for a KR, or a SS.

07-08 GT500 50K+mark up approx. 10-15K+SS upgrade 28K= Approx. 93K+/-

08 GT500KR 52K-60+mark up 40K=100+-

wich would you guys pick?

Well, now that we have beat this one to death. If you guys had a choice for a KR, or a SS.

Sorry for the adding mistake.

SS pakage plus mark up's and cost of GT500=103K

KR plus mark up's =100K

Sorry for the adding mistake.

SS pakage plus mark up's and cost of GT500=103K

KR plus mark up's =100K

Mistake? 50+15+28=93 in my book. Am I missing something, besides a brain?

You do bring up an interesting point. Food for thought. I hadn't actually approached the topic from that angle. Where I live, we have to add in a hefty sales tax, and then another hefty yearly ad valorem tax. All based on value. Ouch, I'm starting to shiver.

Mistake? 50+15+28=93 in my book. Am I missing something, besides a brain?

You do bring up an interesting point. Food for thought. I hadn't actually approached the topic from that angle. Where I live, we have to add in a hefty sales tax, and then another hefty yearly ad valorem tax. All based on value. Ouch, I'm starting to shiver.

Sorry, that was posted after a 14hr day. The fact is either you buy and upgrade for ultimate performance. Or, you buy for a premium price with some performance and a very lmited run SHELBY, with no mods.

Hate to say it, but..........neither at that price. Even for the exclusivity.

Corvette Z06/07 please.

Chris.

I bought it in California, where I lived up until September of 06.

I highly doubt I could get 64K for my car and that's with 15K in mods.

+1. A Z06 will run circles around a GT500KR or an SS. The Blue Devil will walk KB'd GT500's.

With ADM, the Blue Devil will be mega bucks when it first comes out, so I wouldn't put it in the same money class as the KR or SS in this discussion right now.

The Z06, however, could most likely be the least expensive of the three, making it look very attractive.

Another car to throw in the mix is the '08 Viper whch will probably come in just shy of $100k.

Bite your tounge mister!!! :hysterical2:

haha...just telling it like it is. It's got wider meat and similar gearing. People are pulling 1.6-1.7 60' on the stock rubber in Z06's. My best 60' on my 295/35/19 bfg street tires is a 1.806.

proposed 2900# and 650bhp = 4.46#/HP :censored:

3900# and 800bhp = 4.87#/HP :happy feet:

Now imagine a pulley swap on the Blue devil.

2900# and 725bhp = 4.00#/HP :redcard:

I really despise it when people compare the Corvette, Viper or whatever to the Mustang. . .these cars were all designed for different purposes.

Since when do average people go out and by a V6 coupe or V6 convertible Corvette? The Corvette and Viper were designed for one purpose > performance.

The Mustang was and is designed to cover a lot more than just that. And while the Mustang may not at all times have been the fastest, best braking or best handling Pony car - it is the best. The mere fact that it's the only pony car left validates that.

Ford has to engineer in the fact that people want a V6 coupe. And a 300HP GT. And a 500HP GT500. And a 540HP GT500KR. And a 600/725 HP GT500 SuperSnake. The spectrum for the Mustang is much, much wider than the Chevy Corvette.

That's not to say that the Corvette isn't a fantastic ride. . .because it is when based on its attributes.

I really despise it when people compare the Corvette, Viper or whatever to the Mustang. . .these cars were all designed for different purposes.

Since when do average people go out and by a V6 coupe or V6 convertible Corvette? The Corvette and Viper were designed for one purpose > performance.

The Mustang was and is designed to cover a lot more than just that. And while the Mustang may not at all times have been the fastest, best braking or best handling Pony car - it is the best. The mere fact that it's the only pony car left validates that.

Ford has to engineer in the fact that people want a V6 coupe. And a 300HP GT. And a 500HP GT500. And a 540HP GT500KR. And a 600/725 HP GT500 SuperSnake. The spectrum for the Mustang is much, much wider than the Chevy Corvette.

That's not to say that the Corvette isn't a fantastic ride. . .because it is when based on its attributes.

Well said Robert......May I add one more thing ? You can't take a family of (4) four out in a Vett either. One (Vett)is a sports car only while the other (Mustang) can be a family car, muscle car, and a sports car. :beerchug:

I just put down a deposit for a KR I agreed to pay 40K over MSRP 60-68 puts me well over 100K. Was I out of my mind?

Just curious, but did your dealer already win an allocation to get a KR? If not, they are holding your money under speculation that they will win an allocation for one; something that may or may not happen. The KR allocation's are only being distributed to the dealers through an incentive lottery.

.. Anyway, I don't recommend buying a car as an investment, I recommend buying a car for fun!

Chris.

I agree, see photo.

+1. A Z06 will run circles around a GT500KR or an SS. The Blue Devil will walk KB'd GT500's.

Thing to keep in mind is that the majority and I stress majority of Vette/Z06 owners are not "Gearheads" like you would find owning a Mustang. Up here in Canada with ADM's the 07 Z06 surpasses 100K, little rich for this construction worker. furthermore, I routinly beat up on Z06's at the track with my Bullitt 509rwhp and 3400#'s. Their car is probably faster but can they drive it that hard? Most don't or can't, and as mentioned, I can take all my family with me to the track and then drive home.

post-1973-1185250015_thumb.jpg

post-1973-1185250015_thumb.jpg

Wow! I threw out the bait on this one, Z06/07 Vette, and everyone bit!

I love the Mustang above all else. I have always been a Ford Guy and I've owned 4 Mustangs. The 'bottom line' is........ at what point does the price for a new KR or SS get out of hand? Is there any rational or justification to support the 2008 Shelby GT500KR or SuperSnake, creeping into the price range of a Corvette or Viper?

My Dealer is being allocated 2 KR's. One is going to the Owner and I've been 'promised' the second. However, they don't know the price yet and I'd hate to repeat what they told me they think it will be! :nonono:

Wow! I threw out the bait on this one, Z06/07 Vette, and everyone bit!

I love the Mustang above all else. I have always been a Ford Guy and I've owned 4 Mustangs. The 'bottom line' is........ at what point does the price for a new KR or SS get out of hand? Is there any rational or justification to support the 2008 Shelby GT500KR or SuperSnake, creeping into the price range of a Corvette or Viper?

My Dealer is being allocated 2 KR's. One is going to the Owner and I've been 'promised' the second. However, they don't know the price yet and I'd hate to repeat what they told me they think it will be! :nonono:

W/only 1000 KR being built, I can't imagine any dealer will get 2 but I wish you good luck.....shoyoright.....

I agree, see photo.

Thing to keep in mind is that the majority and I stress majority of Vette/Z06 owners are not "Gearheads" like you would find owning a Mustang. Up here in Canada with ADM's the 07 Z06 surpasses 100K, little rich for this construction worker. furthermore, I routinly beat up on Z06's at the track with my Bullitt 509rwhp and 3400#'s. Their car is probably faster but can they drive it that hard? Most don't or can't, and as mentioned, I can take all my family with me to the track and then drive home.

I see more respectable 1/4 mile times posted on corvette forum's Z06 area than I do here. FWIW

W/only 1000 KR being built, I can't imagine any dealer will get 2 but I wish you good luck.....shoyoright.....

To Clarify.... I live in Canada. 100KRs allocated to Canada. All to be sold exclusively by SVT Brand. There are only 27 SVT Dealers in Canada. My Dealer, Erinwood being one of the largest volume Dealers ........... do the math. :)

I see more respectable 1/4 mile times posted on corvette forum's Z06 area than I do here. FWIW

Ok, so you're modding your car, running 11's with 1.6 short times and yet you're claiming that Vette forums which I personally don't go to because I have Mustangs are claiming to have better times. It is the internet afterall.

Maybe you need a Vette? Don't mean that as a jab just an observation.

Anycase, back on topic. What did Erinwood say the price would be Dave?

Ok, so you're modding your car, running 11's with 1.6 short times and yet you're claiming that Vette forums which I personally don't go to because I have Mustangs are claiming to have better times. It is the internet afterall.

Maybe you need a Vette? Don't mean that as a jab just an observation.

Anycase, back on topic. What did Erinwood say the price would be Dave?

I see many posts regarding stock C6 Z06's running 11.7 or better @ over 123 mph on the stock tires. There are a couple of guys running 11.2's @ 126+ in stock Z's on stock tires. It's an amazing car from the factory.

I am a fan of automobiles, I am not a mustang nut swinger, I am not a corvette nut swinger. I am a member of and an active poster on a corvette forum, a porsche forum, a mercedes forum, a ford gt forum and several mustang forums.

The Z06 is the best buy under 100K today, period. The GT3 is an amazing machine as well.

What did Erinwood say the price would be Dave?

Paul, they keep giving me the BS about how there are selling GT500s for over $20K. I reminded them that I paid MSRP for mine, and that I expect the same from them with the KR. I was told not to be surprised if the price toped $70K. (Canada Guys)

They still have no official pricing from Ford. I was told to come back in to 'talk' in 30 days.

I guess we'll see! How about Donway, any price suggestion from them?

To Clarify.... I live in Canada. 100KRs allocated to Canada. All to be sold exclusively by SVT Brand. There are only 27 SVT Dealers in Canada. My Dealer, Erinwood being one of the largest volume Dealers ........... do the math. :)

I'm lousy @ math but I do understand this one. Good luck getting your KR.....shoyoright.....

I see many posts regarding stock C6 Z06's running 11.7 or better @ over 123 mph on the stock tires. There are a couple of guys running 11.2's @ 126+ in stock Z's on stock tires. It's an amazing car from the factory.

I am a fan of automobiles, I am not a mustang nut swinger, I am not a corvette nut swinger. I am a member of and an active poster on a corvette forum, a porsche forum, a mercedes forum, a ford gt forum and several mustang forums.

The Z06 is the best buy under 100K today, period. The GT3 is an amazing machine as well.

Point taken.....

Don't tell anyone but I used to have a Vette. :)

Archived