TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How do you find the build date?

look inside your drivers door & the decal will tell you the month & year it was made. for the actual build date your will need the services of one of the dealers here on the board or you can ask your dealer/service tech to run a report on your vin# & it should say on there what build date it is.

Thank you. I found the door tag that you mentioned and it read 04/07. I bought it July 2nd so give a couple of weeks in transit this car was not on the dealers lot for very long.

Haaa! Mine was right behind yours, assembled at Flat Rock, Michigan, on 13 April 2007.

I think all Ford Shelby’s are assembled at Flat Rock.

I bought mine on 08 June 2007.

Red with White LeMans stripes and she is a "sweetie"! :shift:

Built date is listed on the window sticker (bottom right corner) and also on the Certificate of Origin for Vehicle.

Did everyone get a Certificate of Origin for Vehicle?

If you bought your Shelby in the state you live in you probably only got the title.

I bought mine in Illinois and live in Oklahoma. Oklahoma has to issue the title for the car.

The Certificate of Origin for the Vehicle is sweet! Very colorful and well designed, my baby’s birth certificate.

Cheers....

P.S. A nice picture of the engine below!

post-9484-1184701728_thumb.jpg

post-9484-1184701728_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the tip but now I'm confused. My door tag says 04/07 but the number on the lower right corner of the window sticker says 03/27/07.

Window sticker (passenger window), some folks call it the MSRP sticker (blue & white)...

Go to the bottom of the sheet on the very right corner.

My says: 7D131 N RA 2X 730 001504 04 13 07

The last number sequence is the built date: 041307

Maybe the cars where put together over a one week period! :headscratch::party:

Good luck!

Window sticker (passenger window), some folks call it the MSRP sticker (blue & white)...

Go to the bottom of the sheet on the very right corner.

My says: 7D131 N RA 2X 730 001504 04 13 07

The last number sequence is the built date: 041307

Maybe the cars where put together over a one week period! :huh: ;):headscratch::party:

Good luck!

FYI - I had my dealer run the Tech Oasis printout. It shows my build date as 2/8/07. My window sticker shows 1/29/07 on the bottom right. So - what does that date actually mean?

Built date is listed on the window sticker (bottom right corner) and also on the Certificate of Origin for Vehicle.

The date on the window sticker is the day that the window sticker was printed off (on the printer). It is NOT the actual build date of your car. could be a week to 14 days later than that date

Archived