TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Cruz to Santa Barbara, CA

colt

Hello Eevryone,

Well today I got a promotional email from Moss Motors LTD. Their headquarter is in Goleta - just north of Santa Barbara. So I was thinking that this might be good excuse to take my Shelby out for a drive. Also, I called in to Moss to see if they could offer a tour and yes they do. Since I'm plan to go up on Saturday 7/21. They could not guarantee that they will have personnel to give us a tour. I'm waiting on the respond from one their manager. If you guys are game for the drive let me know.

ShelbySteve,

You are up in the Valley, are you coming?

When I get the call from Moss regarding the tour I will update everyone. By the way I might do another cruz and facility tour with Saleen and/or Magnaflow since I know some people at these facilities.

Hello Eevryone,

Well today I got a promotional email from Moss Motors LTD. Their headquarter is in Goleta - just north of Santa Barbara. So I was thinking that this might be good excuse to take my Shelby out for a drive. Also, I called in to Moss to see if they could offer a tour and yes they do. Since I'm plan to go up on Saturday 7/21. They could not guarantee that they will have personnel to give us a tour. I'm waiting on the respond from one their manager. If you guys are game for the drive let me know.

ShelbySteve,

When I get the call from Moss regarding the tour I will update everyone. By the way I might do another cruz and facility tour with Saleen and/or Magnaflow since I know some people at these facilities.

Ok here is the update:

Moss called me back and Yes, they will have a person to give us the tour. I need to get a head count as to how many people is coming. So the cruz is schedule for 7/21 to Santa Barbara and head up to Solvang :superhero: . I will call up a couple wineries that I know to see if they have anything to offer.

Steve,

Could you let us know what is the best place to meet along Fwy 101 and What time we should meet. I told the guy at Moss that we will up by their place around 11 AM.

Hello Eevryone,

ShelbySteve,

HEY COLT

I think we can can get quite a few of the Simi, moorpark,ventura guys to go on the drive. As you know from my post on this forum we had 10 GT500's drive to Calabasas together a few weeks ago. I have made calls to most of them already. I will let you know who is in and who is out soon.

Shelby Steve

post-8657-1184188710_thumb.jpg

I just have to find out if our sitter is available. If so I'm in!! :shift: I'm thinking of bringing my youngest son (5). Are you guys thinking of taking any of those canyon roads full of curves? He doesn't do so well if you know what I mean. :barf:

The only canyon roads we might take is the one from Santa Barbara to Solvang. This road don't have the curve like going up to mountain. It is an easy drive.

The only canyon roads we might take is the one from Santa Barbara to Solvang. This road don't have the curve like going up to mountain. It is an easy drive.

I live in Santa Barbara, lets go thought 192. The 154 is full of cops must be careful. We can take hope ranch which is always fun.

I live in Santa Barbara, lets go thought 192. The 154 is full of cops must be careful. We can take hope ranch which is always fun.

Are you going to meet us @ Moss? And you could show us the best way to Solvang. By the way as I recalled is there an outdoor or barbercue place along 154. If not do you have recommendation where we could stop for lunch.

Are you going to meet us @ Moss? And you could show us the best way to Solvang. By the way as I recalled is there an outdoor or barbercue place along 154. If not do you have recommendation where we could stop for lunch.

Hey Colt

I have about 6 to 8 guys joining us.. Two live in Ventura. We will meet somewhere off the Central offramp on the 101. I know there is a mimmies restaurant on the corner there. I will get details this Sunday at calabasas from one of them.

ShelbySteve

post-8657-1184291110_thumb.jpg

post-8657-1184291110_thumb.jpg

Steve,

I'm in Reseda, what time should we meet, and where?

Hey Rick

Quite a stable you have there. I'm jealous. The local Simi guys will meet at the elephant bar on Madera in Simi about 8AM. We will then take the 23 to the 101 and up to the main gathering in Ventura. I am thinking about 9AM. From there up the coast. If you want to meet some of us before we will be at the Calabasas gathering this Sunday morning. 101 to Valley circle/mullholland. turn left parking lot in shopping center on left.

ShelbySteve

Hey Steve,

Sorry, I can't make it this weekend. I already have plans to take my kids up to Arrowhead. I'll just have to wait until the cruise. I think I'll have to meet you at the 9-am rendezvous. Our sitter doesn't get here until 8-am.

Hey Rick

No problem. See you in Ventura. My cell phone is 805-501-8244.

ShelbySteve

Hey Colt

I have about 6 to 8 guys joining us.. Two live in Ventura. We will meet somewhere off the Central offramp on the 101. I know there is a mimmies restaurant on the corner there. I will get details this Sunday at calabasas from one of them.

ShelbySteve

Steve,

Do you have detail inf yet the exact location where to meet? Address will be OK. So far I will have another GT500 coming up with me from OC.

Hey Rick

No problem. See you in Ventura. My cell phone is 805-501-8244.

ShelbySteve

Directions to the gathering place in Ventura for the cruz to Solvang. Take the 101 freeway North to Ventura. Get off on the Main Street offramp. Make the first right on S.Mills Street. Go to 488 S. Mills (Loews Center on the right) to the Starbucks parking lot. We will meet there at 9:00AM to 9:30AM. Drive to Santa Barbara to Moss Motors for tour of facility. After the tour we cruz the Solvang for Brunch and wine tour.

Any questions please call 805-501-8244( ShelbySteve) 949-350-0183 (Colt)

ShelbySteve

Directions to the gathering place in Ventura for the cruz to Solvang. Take the 101 freeway North to Ventura. Get off on the Main Street offramp. Make the first right on S.Mills Street. Go to 488 S. Mills (Loews Center on the right) to the Starbucks parking lot. We will meet there at 9:00AM to 9:30AM. Drive to Santa Barbara to Moss Motors for tour of facility. After the tour we cruz the Solvang for Brunch and wine tour.

Any questions please call 805-501-8244( ShelbtSteve) 949-350-0183 (Colt)

ShelbySteve

Steve,

Ok, I will see you there between 9 and 9:30. I will call Firestone and Fess Parker to see if they offer winery tour.

Steve,

Ok, I will see you there between 9 and 9:30. I will call Firestone and Fess Parker to see if they offer winery tour.

Firestone - tour hour is quarter past each hour statrting @ 10:15 AM to 3:15 Pm

Fess Parker - 11 AM, 1PM and 3PM

Hey Rick

Quite a stable you have there. I'm jealous. The local Simi guys will meet at the elephant bar on Madera in Simi about 8AM. We will then take the 23 to the 101 and up to the main gathering in Ventura. I am thinking about 9AM. From there up the coast. If you want to meet some of us before we will be at the Calabasas gathering this Sunday morning. 101 to Valley circle/mullholland. turn left parking lot in shopping center on left.

ShelbySteve

Just a reminder for everyone..... TOMORROW MORNING!!! 7/21/07 SATURDAY

The local Simi guys will meet at the elephant bar on Madera in Simi about 8AM. We will then take the 23 to the 101 and up to the main gathering in Ventura.

Any questions please call 805-501-8244( ShelbySteve) 949-350-0183 (Colt)

ShelbySteve

Steve, et., al., sorry I will have to miss the cruise :cry::cry: would have been a great time I'm sure!! There is a great place to stop at the crest of 154 called the "Cold Springs Tavern". It's got a lot of history (was a Pony Express stop) and they do a pretty good BBQ tri-tip sandwich. Lots of cool bikes up there too.

Have a blast and be sure and get pics!!

Steve, et., al., sorry I will have to miss the cruise :cry::cry: would have been a great time I'm sure!! There is a great place to stop at the crest of 154 called the "Cold Springs Tavern". It's got a lot of history (was a Pony Express stop) and they do a pretty good BBQ tri-tip sandwich. Lots of cool bikes up there too.

Have a blast and be sure and get pics!!

Thanks for inf. By the way do they have parking lot for 10+ cars? And here the web site

http://www.coldspringtavern.com/index.html

I made reservation for 20 people

Archived