TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hood Air Extractors

KingCobra

If the hood air extractors are to be raised above the hood line, and therefore more visually prominant, they should be more finished looking than just black plastic. It looks ok for the front grilles, but not on the hood. What does anyone else think???

I think any openings should use something like the screens on the Jag XK-R's or Caddy's V series. And move the darn antenna! or make it power. The things look so cheap!

303[/snapback]

Or like the mock screens on the '69 GT500--but functional.

They should have left them as they were on the show car.  But it looks like the final hood will be the one on the Yellow GT500

341[/snapback]

Rumors are still there that they are working on other hoods....we might have to wait until Jan-Feb to find out for sure...at least these are functional!

Agreed ^ The area left because of wrinkles looks like arse. Paint the darn stripe FORD. This is one of those things where the company should just bite the bullet and absorb the cost through other means like a California special etc. spreading out the per unit cost. Any cheaping out now will cost them later.

Agreed, if it comes down to cost have the painted stripes as an option at least.  Vinyl for those that don't want to spend the money or don't want the stripes and painted as an option would be better.

533[/snapback]

Painted stripes and I'm in. Vinyl stripes and I check the delete option box

If the hood air extractors are to be raised above the hood line, and therefore more visually prominant, they should be more finished looking than just black plastic.  It looks ok for the front grilles, but not on the hood.  What does anyone else think???

300[/snapback]

Dear Hau Thai-Tang:

The GOOD: The 2007 Shelby GT500 has the makings of a True Mustang Classic. Good JOB !!! Well done.

The BAD: Sell what you show. Keep the 19" wheels and keep the original Hood Vents !!! Dess-up the engine in the true Shelby tradition. The valve covers should say Shelby - Powered by Ford. Sorry SVT Boys but the SVT thing just doesn't cut it. Put a big Cobra Snake on the Intake Manifold. There needs to be a WOW Factor when you open the hood. Right now its a nothing look !!! There is no WOW FACTOR when you open the Hood !!!! The link to Cobra through the name Shelby is obvious. Just keep the Cobra Emblem on the Grill. Keep the interior ALL BLACK or at least give us that option.

The UGLY: Get rid of those BIG UGLY BLACK VENT COVERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!They ruin the Hood and the Lines of the Car. Get get back to the ones on the original Red Shebly Prototype. PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Further thoughts:

Not sure why you did not go with the Ford GT engine or the Cammer Engine ??? Seems like either of these would be a more obvious choice.

Second: What's with the SVT stuff. Is this a Shelby or an SVT ??? I don't see SVT on the Mustangs that race on TV. I see Ford Racing. I see Cammer. Your marketing department is missing something here. Shelby Cobra are the two most feared words in North American automotive jargin. Not SVT.

Shelby Mustang Cobra are words that GM and Chrysler would die for. Use them !!!

Third: The gear shift is boring. Come on you guys do something with it. Put a Snake on it or something cool.

Fourth: Number the Shelby Mustangs just like you did the Bullitt !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lastly: Use some more Shelby Cosmetics, like on the Floor Mats and the Door Plate similar to that on the Bullitt, etc.

WOW look at that SHELBY MUSTANG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry SVT Boys but the SVT thing just doesn't cut it.  Put a big Cobra Snake on the Intake Manifold.  There needs to be a WOW Factor when you open the hood.  Right now its a nothing look !!! There is no WOW FACTOR when you open the Hood !!!!

Second: What's with the SVT stuff.  Is this a Shelby or an SVT ???  I don't see SVT on the Mustangs that race on TV.  I see Ford Racing

634[/snapback]

Sorry ACE but your missing a few things. Check the top of the badarse twin runner per cyl intake in the pic. Bit of an SVT trademark that. Kinda fun drawing a crowd every time I lift the hood on this HANDMADE, like nothing else on EARTH powerplant. And SVT develops parts for FORD racing and yes most people who get on serious performance auto boards call them the SVT Cobra. This new car is 100% SVT and a sort of markings on a fast food napkin nod to C.S. Shelby is even marketing his own tuner Stangs against it. Sorry but without SVT being a big part of FORD all your gonna get is a bunch of sticker clones. Unless that's what performance means to you. You don't drive a Honda do you? Just ran into you on SVTPerformance.com as well. A Mustang Bullitt GT huh? Maybe you want a big shineychrome intake tube. Myself I prefer the function of cast aluminum with a plastic duct. Keeps intake air cool and makes more power. Less bling.

post-142-1131263141_thumb.jpg

post-142-1131263141_thumb.jpg

Archived