2007 Shelby GT Value

cainman

8 minutes ago, cainman said:

The color is black.

3,300 miles. 

I'm the original owner.

No accidents.

All original no modifications.

The car has always been garaged and is like new.  Hope this additional information helps.

Thanks.

Automatic or manual? What is your location?

Like new, unmolested low mile car can sell in a hurry for $22K ... or wait for the right buyer = $30K.

Others will chime in with additional questions to narrow in on a value, but you're looking at this range.

1 hour ago, BlackSGT said:

Like new, unmolested low mile car can sell in a hurry for $22K ... or wait for the right buyer = $30K.

Others will chime in with additional questions to narrow in on a value, but you're looking at this range.

Hey BlackSGT,   I felt I really had to pipe in on your over zealous price of $30K for the right buyer!    In all honesty, a seller in today’s market would have to wait a very, very long time to come close to that kind of Money!!!     J.M.O.    Now if it was a Supercharged Factory Shelby GT for $30K that would be a very good buy!!!   :thumbsup:    In reality, in today’s market, I would venture to say,  LOW ($22k), to  HIGH ($25K) !!      J.M.O.      If you look back on this forum what some very nice Shelby GTs with super low miles went for in the end, when they finally did sell, you just might be surprised!!      I know that I was!!      I’m not trying to but a damper on the price, I’m just trying to be realistic in today’s market!!     “Just Saying”.     P.S. If I was looking in todays market , Hell, I’d buy it!!          “But”, there are exceptions at times, and I always like to say: as long as (Buyer & Seller) are “HAPPY”, that’s all that really counts in the end!!         All you car guys up in Canada have a Great Day, and say Hi to my car buddy Keefer and I hope he’s feeling better!!       Later Guy!!             “MONGOOSE”      :peelout:

7 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey BlackSGT,   I felt I really had to pipe in on your over zealous price of $30K for the right buyer!    In all honesty, a seller in today’s market would have to wait a very, very long time to come close to that kind of Money!!!     J.M.O.    Now if it was a Supercharged Factory Shelby GT for $30K that would be a very good buy!!!   :thumbsup:    In reality, in today’s market, I would venture to say,  LOW ($22k), to  HIGH ($25K) !!      J.M.O.      If you look back on this forum what some very nice Shelby GTs with super low miles went for in the end, when they finally did sell, you just might be surprised!!      I know that I was!!      I’m not trying to but a damper on the price, I’m just trying to be realistic in today’s market!!     “Just Saying”.     P.S. If I was looking in todays market , Hell, I’d buy it!!          “But”, there are exceptions at times, and I always like to say: as long as (Buyer & Seller) are “HAPPY”, that’s all that really counts in the end!!         All you car guys up in Canada have a Great Day, and say Hi to my car buddy Keefer and I hope he’s feeling better!!       Later Guy!!             “MONGOOSE”      :peelout:

I agree. Having owned an '07 black SGT I've paid attention to their prices over the years. Some other things to affect the price are the wheels, the interior, sound system, stripe condition and things like that. Although these cars seem to be worth much more to us, the owners, in reality a pristine '07 is as Mongoose says above.

Edited by SoCalSGT

8 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey BlackSGT,  

I felt I really had to pipe in on your over zealous price of $30K for the right buyer! In all honesty, a seller in today’s market would have to wait a very, very long time to come close to that kind of Money!!!     Now if it was a Supercharged Factory Shelby GT for $30K that would be a very good buy!

In reality, in today’s market, I would venture to say,  LOW ($22k), to  HIGH ($25K) !!   If you look back on this forum what some very nice Shelby GTs with super low miles went for in the end, when they finally did sell, you just might be surprised, I know that I was.    

I’m not trying to but a damper on the price, I’m just trying to be realistic in today’s market!

“MONGOOSE”    

P.S. If I was looking in today's market , Hell, I’d buy it, “but”, there are exceptions at times, and I always like to say: as long as (Buyer & Seller) are “HAPPY”, that’s all that really counts in the end.             

good comments and assessment

Hey you guys,  thanks for the reply and support on my assessment of the current values of the Shelby GTs!    I currently own a 2008 Vista Blue Shelby GT and I absolutely love driving that  cool car and pulling a few gears and a (SMILE) coming on!! LOL.    The Shelby GTs, (Like I’ve said before) are a great bang for the buck car to enjoy vigorously or just tool around!   To be totally honest, in my “opinion”, I feel at this time in the (Market) they are “Under Valued” cars, and a great buy/to keep and enjoy for your self!    The other good buy would be a super nice , low mile Factory Supercharged Shelby GT/SC, a very fast and rare car for the Money!      J.M.O.             P.S. If any body really doubts my assessment on the “Value” of the SGTs,   I would talk to BB first, because he can tell you first hand, and he’s very informed on these cool cars!!             Later Guys!           “MONGOOSE”        :peelout:

I agree with everyone's additional assessments. I took it upon myself to start with a range for the OP, and as anticipated, figured you guys would help refine that range, knowing 30K was high. Note: Some dealers are asking 30K+ for slightly higher mileage (but they've probably been sitting for a long while).

Anyhow, hopefully the OP follows up here with his asking price.

Edited by BlackSGT

30 minutes ago, BlackSGT said:

I agree with everyone's additional assessments. I took it upon myself to start with a range for the OP, and as anticipated, figured you guys would help refine that range, knowing 30K was high. Note: Some dealers are asking 30K+ for slightly higher mileage (but they've probably been sitting for a long while).

Anyhow, hopefully the OP follows up here with his asking price.

Hey Black SGT,  you got the ball rolling and started it off, all we did was a little sugar coating!     Some of the Dealer’s go a little higher for different reason’s, some are a little greedy at times and don’t truly understand the car’s current value!   Also, they usually take trade-ins, so they mark their car up to account for that, and still come out good in the money!    There is still good buys out there, but you really have to study the “Current Market” trend on these cool cars!        J.M.O.      Later Black SGT!          “MONGOOSE”    :peelout:

19 hours ago, cainman said:

The color is black.

3,300 miles. 

I'm the original owner.

No accidents.

All original no modifications.

The car has always been garaged and is like new.  Hope this additional information helps.

Thanks.

I would agree with Mongoose and others - $22K - $25K for a low mile unmolested original car. Where are you located in the Midwest?

Also, anything set the car apart a little? Grey or Tan interior? Options such as heated seats or Nav? Shaker 500 or 1,000 sound system?

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 4:52 PM, cainman said:

I'm located in St. Louis Missouri.  It does have a shaker 500 and the interior is grey.  I really appreciate everyones input.  

Bring it to Shelbyfest in Jeff City the first weekend in May. Put a for sale sign on her. There will be a lot of Mustang/Shelby enthusiasts there, so you never know, you might get an offer.

• 3 months later...
On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 1:41 AM, Mongoose said:

Mongoose,  Where on this forum does it show what used 2007 Shelby's are selling for?  I have a 2007 white with 19000 miles on it.  5 speed with 1000 watt speakers.  I am looking to replace it with an automatic transmission car so my wife can enjoy it.

Hey Sheriff,  thanks for the vote of confidence, but (twobjshelbys) is steering you the right way to proceed to try and find the right value of your car!  :thumbsup:     There really isn’t alot of information , especially values on these cool cars!    Because of there low production, there wasn’t alot of hype and “Hoopla’ about them, so they kind of feel under the  “Radar” where the Shelby’s are concerned!   There’s even a few Dealers out there that don’t really know what they have!       J.M.O.   First off, I’m just guessing at a price point for you!   From different adds I’ve seen in the past I would say a starting point at the low side of  $18K to a high side of $22K, if it was a “Supercharged” car it would bring quite a bit more like $28K  to maybe a little over $30K!!   Please “Remember” this is just a (Guess) on it’s value!    “Please” do your research thoroughly!!

As far as selling a car goes, this is just my “Opinion”, but as long as the “BUYER” and “SELLER” are (Happy) with the “Deal”, that’s all that should really matter in the end!!

Good luck with your car, and I hope you get what you want for it!!    P.S.   Do your “RESEARCH” before you price it, and also what twobjshelbys said!!     Later guy!  “MONGOOSE”     :peelout: