TEAM SHELBY FORUM

PitPup to go the way of the Ruf...

pitpup

Got off the phone with Dave at Brenspeed.com...

Driving my car from NJ to Brenspeed shop in Indiana. Leaving Sunday, August 12th so they'll have it for that Monday. Leaving the car and getting a rental to take to Madison, WI. Coming back that Friday to pick up the GT, then continue on home to NJ. Doing the Comp Cams Stage 3 upgrade and custom dyno tune. Oh yes. Doing a baseline tune before the cams go in as well!

Should be a hoot! C'mon AUGUST!!!!!

Hi Tony,

I have several variables right now. When I work out the details, I give you a shout. The best time for us to hook up is Friday, August 17th. I'll have picked up the car from the shop and heading to a hotel. Then making the big trek home on Saturday, 8/18.

So keep that Friday night open. How far are you from Fort Wayne?

Stan

Hi Tony,

I have several variables right now. When I work out the details, I give you a shout. The best time for us to hook up is Friday, August 17th. I'll have picked up the car from the shop and heading to a hotel. Then making the big trek home on Saturday, 8/18.

So keep that Friday night open. How far are you from Fort Wayne?

Stan

I'm in Goshen, which is 45 minutes out of Pierceton, and about an hour or so out of Ft. Wayne.

Should definitely be able to work something out!

- Tony

Tony... I smell 'photo op'! Let's not let this opportunity slip thru the cracks. I will do everything in my power to hook up the 17th... I mean, hell, you know I'm crazy if I'm driving the Pulpster all the way to Indiana. Momma always said I wasn't quite right...

Stan

Hey Tony,

Another piece of the puzzle has come together. My father-in-law will be driving out with me. This should not put a wrinkle in my schedule, however, he is diabetic and I may make sure he eats regularly. Heck, I can go all day without eating, but he can't. So as we get closer, we'll revisit our schedules.

Are you still up for a Friday meet?

Stan

• 4 weeks later...

As some of you may or may not know, I'm heading out to Madison, Wisconsin to visit the sister-in-law. I'm driving out with the father-in-law and the wife is flying out a day later.

I'll be driving out 2/3rds of the way in the Squeeze mo'sheen, dropping off the Stang at Brenspeed.com to get the cams installed and a custom dyno tune. The final 1/3rd of this journey will be in a <<gulp>> Pontiac G6! I'll spend a total of 3 full days in Wisconsin, with two days of driving on the front end and 1 day, possibly two days of driving on the back end. I gotta remember to take my SCT Xcal-2 with me for the custom dyno tune!

Here's my itinerary:

08/12 - Sun - Depart New Jersey at 7:00am. Destination: Fort Wayne, IN. MapPoint sez 674 miles, 10 hours (no stops). Hoping to do it in 12.

08/13 - Mon - Meet with Dave of Brenspeed.com. He lives in Ft. Wayne. Give him the Stang, pick up Alamo's Pontiac G6 at the airport.

08/13 - Mon - Depart Ft. Wayne by 10:00 am. Destination: Cottage Grove, WI. MapPoint sez 351 miles, 6 hours. Looking to do it in 7.

08/14 - Tue - Vacation commences in Wisconsin, Comp Cams' Stage 3 cams installation commences in Indiana following baseline dyno run.

08/15 - Wed - Drive to Sheboygan to visit old Navy buddy! Stay Wednesday night, head back early the following morning. (105 miles each way...)

08/15 - Wed - Back in Indiana, the Stang is getting new bumpsticks and a custom dyno tune by the best of the best!

08/16 - Thu - Depart early AM for Cottage Grove, a suburb of Madison. Pick up nieces and nephews, head to Wisconsin Dells.

08/17 - Fri - Depart 8:00am for Pierceton, Indiana, home of Brenspeed.com! Arrive by 3:00pm. Pick up Stang. Drop off rental. Hit the hotel.

08/18 - Sat - Depart Fort Wayne at 7:00am. Destination: HOME! Giving myself an extra day on the return should I need it.

I'll be sure to let everyone know how this little upgrade turns out, including dyno pulls before and after the cams get installed.

Thanks, Mr. Ruf. I can't remember... and there are so many pages on that thread, I'd never find it. What was your final HP/TRQ increase after all was said and done?

Stan

PS - Renting a Pontiac G6 for Fort Wayne - Madison leg of journey... (hooboy).

Ahhh. 330hp. I have a mod or two less than you. I'd be quite happy with 320 hp. 325 hp would be a bonus. At 330 hp, I'd be poopin' mah pants and putting a bumper sticker on my car that sez, "My Tuner can beat up YOUR Tuner!"

(J/K, of course. I'd never put the bumper sticker on my car. Back window, maybe. But never the bumper, LOL!!!!!!!!!)

Jim Phelps: My Sis-in-Law has me takng 80W to 39N... looks like the LOOOOONG way, but she swears it will be less traffic and to deviate from this plan will be a disaster. Me no likey disasters. If I was by myself, I'd say we'd be on. But my Father-in-Law will be with me and he's diabetic. So I have no idea as to the number and length of our pit stops. But thank you for the offer.

Tony: Because we're actually staying overnight in Ft Wayne, our meeting is solid. See ya on the 17th.

• 2 weeks later...
Tony, if you're reading this on Friday, we're still on. I'll be calling you from my cell phone! Cams are in. I pick it up about 3pm local right at the shop in Pierceton.

Stan

Alright, scope out someplace in Ft. Wayne for dinner. I'm hoping to take off from work a bit early, and I'll call you then. It's about 2 hours from where I work to Ft. Wayne.

- Tony

Tony, if you're reading this on Friday, we're still on. I'll be calling you from my cell phone! Cams are in. I pick it up about 3pm local right at the shop in Pierceton.

Stan

Cams are in :happy feet: Cams are in :happy feet: Cams are in :happy feet:

Pup,

Damn man, that thing is a BEAST! Was great to hang out last night, and I really enjoyed the ride. Your car moves! (Even with all the extra weight in the back, lol)

The cams add an awesome sound to those, and there's no mistaking when you got on it, lol.

It was a good time, glad we had the opportunity to meet, and enjoy the drive back!

- Tony

BrenspeedDyno800.jpg

The stock GT used for the CAI/SCT showdown over at Mustang 5.0 Magazine has these HP and Torque numbers for a stock Stang:

RPM - HP / TRQ

5000 - 256 / 269

5300 - 261 / 258

5600 - 260 / 243

5900 - 258 / 229

6100 - 255 / 219

6300 - Not Available

My car with stock exhaust, Brenspeed 91 tune (Not 93), DeMolet CAI, Steeda pullies, Steeda Charge Motion Delete Plates, and cams:

RPM - HP / TRQ

5000 - 285 / 300

5300 - 300 / 295

5600 - 305 / 285

5900 - 308 / 270

6100 - 308 / 265

6300 - 308 / 255

Dave told me the 93 tune adds perhaps 3-5 more HP. Using the conservative number of 3, that would put me at 311 rwhp. I asked them to do the dyno run on 91 as tank was a mix of 93/92 not to mention, NJ has crappy 93 gas and I usually run the 91 on a daily basis because of the ethanol.

I'm not an expert on dynos. Not sure how much they can correct for temperature and humidity, but you'll notice the temp was 87 degrees and 46% humidity.

The car jumps sideways when I hit the gas in first when trolling at 4 large...

Yeah... I'm happy! :headspin:

Pup,

Damn man, that thing is a BEAST! Was great to hang out last night, and I really enjoyed the ride. Your car moves! (Even with all the extra weight in the back, lol)

- Tony

Tony,

A pleasure to meet up with you in Fort Wayne. I say we both shed 100 pounds and meet back at the Super 8 in 2008 and we'll see if we can get air when we launch, haha.

It's always good to have a 'witness' with you when test driving these cars. Especially one who is into their Stang as much as you are. As you can see by the results above, I'm roughly 50 hp and 35-40 ft lbs over my stock configuration. And this is with a stock exhaust from the factory! This is not only from the cams, but all mods listed above. I can live with that!

And for those of you who don't know Tony, he has a stick V6 with Pony Package and Bassani exhaust. We went for a ride in HIS car, too. The car will shit and git, LOL!!

Hey everybody, new to the Mustang ownership world and stangsunleashed. I have to say Pup's car along with all the other '05+ stangs are awesome. That's why I had to buy one.

I met "Kraeger" / Tony in Dearborn at the Shelby / Mustang show on the 11th. So "hey" Tony. We were only 2 of the 3 Pony editions there so we stuck together by lining up next to each other. Unfortunately the yellow one left early.

I was just in Tony's neck of the woods this past weekend as well. Me and some family members went to the Auburn Cord Duesenburg car musuem in where else but Auburn,IN. I recommend it for all car enthusiasts. Great museum you won't be disappointed but be sure to visit the car and truck museum that is on the same property but seperate admission because it has a lot of really cool cars and trucks as well. The car and truck museum had one of the Ford GT pre-production test cars that had over 30,000 miles on it with plenty of road wear that was one of the first ones to reach 200mph+. Also a one of a kind (I think '66) Mustang w/experimental rotary engine in it.

Archived