TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Road Rash on GT350R CF Wheel

I made a dumb mistake trying to load my GT350R on a rental trailer and nicked up the left front CF wheel on my 17 GT350R.

Anyone have an idea where I can get this repaired?  Or am I just looking at ~1400 for a new wheel?

Many thanks!

21 hours ago, jadozzo said:

I made a dumb mistake trying to load my GT350R on a rental trailer and nicked up the left front CF wheel on my 17 GT350R.

Anyone have an idea where I can get this repaired?  Or am I just looking at ~1400 for a new wheel?

Many thanks!

All depends on the severity of the damage. Minor scrapes should be able to be sanded out along with having the wheel repainted. Any sort of damage that produced stress cracks in the CF or missing chunks, the wheel should be discarded  or turned into a wall ornament. And yes someone will say they split their wheel in half, repaired it with super glue and its just like new. Well thats their opinion but they don't have any liability if the wheel fails after their MacGyver repair.

While $1400 for a replacement wheel is pricey there has to be someone out there selling used single wheels. You can also try calling wheel repair shops but unless they have experience with these CF wheels I would pass on that shop. Do you really want them learning on your wheel?

Steven

• 3 weeks later...