TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2018 super snake

12 hours ago, SS Cobra said:

So how come i dont see anything on 2018 super snake?

Would you provide more details on what you mean by "don't see anything on 2018 Super Snake"?

Are you asking about owner participation here on TS?

Are you asking about media, ie magazine articles, tv shows/commercials?

Are you asking about specifications?

Let us know and we'll try to answer more specific questions for you.

Steven

Well today is the one year anniversary of ordering my 2018 Super Snake wide body!! Well nothing good goes fast I guess!  Patience is not my strong suit but I’m learning 😂😂😂! Anyway still Super excited even a year later.🤪

14 hours ago, Toddlaing12 said:

Well today is the one year anniversary of ordering my 2018 Super Snake wide body!! Well nothing good goes fast I guess!  Patience is not my strong suit but I’m learning 😂😂😂! Anyway still Super excited even a year later.🤪

Quality takes time and you certainly want quality with the wide body option.

Todd, I spoke with Chris Ruby this morning and as you know your SS is getting closer each day for its turn at a wide body installation, trust me its worth the wait.

I would like to point out that it is the wide body option causing these delays and that non WB Super Snakes take the normal 2-3 months to build.

Steve

1 hour ago, SAI-Steven said:

Quality takes time and you certainly want quality with the wide body option.

Todd, I spoke with Chris Ruby this morning and as you know your SS is getting closer each day for its turn at a wide body installation, trust me its worth the wait.

I would like to point out that it is the wide body option causing these delays and that non WB Super Snakes take the normal 2-3 months to build.

Steve

Absolutely.I appreciate you checking for me!  I knew it was a long process when I signed up. I think it was just my luck that there was a ton of Wide body cars in line before me. I’m super pumped about the car and can’t wait to see/drive the final product!  The Shelby guys have been great through out the process! It just like wait for Christmas morning!!! 

Edited by Toddlaing12

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Toddlaing12 said:

Got word last week that my car is on deck for the wide body conversion!! Happy days ahead. Been a long road but light at the end of the tunnel may be coming soon.

Todd

That's great news. I'm sure Chris will be emailing you some photos soon.

Steven

• 2 weeks later...

First post here.  My 2018 Super Snake convertible is nearing completion and may be out soon.  Like the posts and pictures, but looking for input on convertible Super Snakes, particular the 2018's.  I will get mine out in June likely but then I am returning is in November as I have already paid the deposit for the wide body.   

Thanks to all at Shelby!

18 hours ago, Vegas Super Snake said:

First post here.  My 2018 Super Snake convertible is nearing completion and may be out soon.  Like the posts and pictures, but looking for input on convertible Super Snakes, particular the 2018's.  I will get mine out in June likely but then I am returning is in November as I have already paid the deposit for the wide body.   

Thanks to all at Shelby!

That is going to be a beautiful and rare car!  Post pics as soon as you get it :)

23 hours ago, Vegas Super Snake said:

Thanks to all at Shelby!

I have an 18 Wide body in line as we speak.  Suppose to go into body any day now. What color combo is your vert?? I kinda wish I would have gone the convertible route my self. Didn't realize that was even possible when I ordered my car.  Good that you are at least going to get to enjoy yours a bit before the wide body conversion is done..

Toddlaing12:

Your car looks great.  I Thought I saw it in the shop when I was in there a week ago.  The wide body will look even better.  

My '18 is a convertible with shadow black with ghost blue pearl painted stripe.  However, due to it coming back in November for the wide body the current striping is matte black vinyl.  So black on matte black for now.  The reasoning is that it would have to be painted twice on the ghost blue and that would be quite a bit of additional work on the sides.   Mike L and the Shelby team recommended the matte black first.  So it is.  

Tony

That is going to be a killer color combo. Cant wait to see her get done. Really cool that its a convertible. A wide body convertible has got to make it a very rare car I would think. Nice that you  are going to get to drive it a round a bit before the conversion. Should help with the wait time. LOL