TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Any NJ GT500 owners out there

mds370

I have yet to see any GT500's driving around or at the track here in NJ. I have 2 friends in NJ that own them and met a friend of a friend from Pa who owns one. Speak up, maybe we can set up a meet if there are enough of us.

Edison here

I'm still here.. have not driven it a lot. I plan on going to Englishtown tomorrow for their cruise night.

PS. My son said he ran into to you at the gas station

I'll see you there. I forgot that was tomorrow. I actually had you confused with another guy I met that has a Red/ white Shelby. He is from edison also. I remember talking to your son. You gonna take a pass down the track?

I have yet to see any GT500's driving around or at the track here in NJ. I have 2 friends in NJ that own them and met a friend of a friend from Pa who owns one. Speak up, maybe we can set up a meet if there are enough of us.

Edison here

30 minutes north of tz bridge.east side of river ,putnam county NY.

Larry

I'll see you there. I forgot that was tomorrow. I actually had you confused with another guy I met that has a Red/ white Shelby. He is from edison also. I remember talking to your son. You gonna take a pass down the track?

There's another Red one in Edison. I didn't know that. I don't think I make a pass they don't prep the track on cruise nights.

I am here......I think

Harry,

you are "1" of the 2 friends...lol

I went to E-town for a little while tonight. I didn't make a pass though. I also heard track prep is zero on cruise nights. The other red one is over in the area of Menlo Park Mall. He stops by my house once in awhile.

Maybe when the weather cools down , we can all meet up at E-town for some passes down the 1/4 or just to hang out if racing isn't your thing.

Fords @ E-town is scheduled in Nov. Weather should be good for racing!

Hello all,

I am in Williamstown (South Jersey).

I've been following this site for a year but never posted.

I recieved my Vista Blue /Tungsten stripe coupe in March.

Needless to say I love it.

I have only seen 2 others in my area,but I'm sure there's more.

Anyway, I would like to meet others in NJ area sometime.

Enjoy and be safe.

Cos

Welcome aboard gt500cos. I didn't go to Englishtown last night the weather looked to iffy. I went down one Friday night and went 12.6 stock. Next cruise night at E-town is Tues. 8/14. I want to get down to Atco never been there heard good things.

Hello all,

I am in Williamstown (South Jersey).

I've been following this site for a year but never posted.

I recieved my Vista Blue /Tungsten stripe coupe in March.

Needless to say I love it.

I have only seen 2 others in my area,but I'm sure there's more.

Anyway, I would like to meet others in NJ area sometime.

Enjoy and be safe.

Cos

Cos,

Congrats and welcome!!

Hear that Harry, another Vista Blue w/ Tungsten stripes in NJ !

Edison here

I just got my Red GT500 and installed the 2.6 Pulley and CAI.I will be installing the 3.73 gears soon.I live in S.Amboy.Email leyte@optonline.net

Yours Herman Minkin

West Chester Pa, White with Blue checkin' in...went to a car cruise @ the Nottingham Inn tonight.(Pa. Rt1 & 272), met a guy with a red with white stp. there from Quarryville...told him to check out the web site !!! Chris

I just got my Red GT500 and installed the 2.6 Pulley and CAI.I will be installing the 3.73 gears soon.I live in S.Amboy.Email leyte@optonline.net

Yours Herman Minkin

Congrats Herman, I also have the 2.6 and CAI. I am also going with 3.73s in the near future. That's if HotRodHarry doesn't sway me towards 4.10s.

glad I made the decision to sell my Red/white stripes. There would have been 4 red ones within a 15 miinute drive of me!

Old school, It seems most people I meet have Red/White. Very popular color combo . A couple of Saturdays ago i went to a car show in North Jersey, then drove 70 miles to Bristol Pa to meet up with a friend at a differant car show. (I love the Navigation). I met a guy at the Pa car show with a red/white.

• 2 weeks later...

....Tungsten droptop in Flemington, NJ.

FYI

Red/white stripe and blue/white stripe coupes at Flemington cruise night a few weeks ago with NJ plates. Don't know if they're on this site. The red/white one owned by Vinnie from Hillsborough NJ. I don't know about the blue/white owner, not around when I walked by.

I found out it wasn't Harry...what's up Harry?

Let me know if anyone organizes a cruise night for NJ GT500's, I'll take a road trip.

Jim

-GT500R, that's insane, 2 GT500's? Is that trick digital photography or do you have one for Saturday and one for Sunday? both stripes delete?

ok,

now that some of us have spoken, lets try to meet up. There is a Cruise night at Raceway Park the second Tuesday of each month, I believe it ends in Oct.

There is one coming up on Aug 14. It starts at 6pm, free entry and you get one free pass down the 1/4 mile track if you are interested. They have a DJ, burnout contest and there are usually a bunch of cars both old and new.

post up if you are interested in attending

you can go to www.racewaypark.com and click the link for directions if needed.

ok,

now that some of us have spoken, lets try to meet up. There is a Cruise night at Raceway Park the second Tuesday of each month, I believe it ends in Oct.

There is one coming up on Aug 14. It starts at 6pm, free entry and you get one free pass down the 1/4 mile track if you are interested. They have a DJ, burnout contest and there are usually a bunch of cars both old and new.

I'm in. Once we have a count of members attending is it possible for someone to 'reserve' enough spots so we can all park together. I've never been there but some places allow car clubs the right to reserve (lawn chairs and signs) spots for club members to park along side or at least in the same vicinity. Any thoughts on that?

Jim

I'm in. Once we have a count of members attending is it possible for someone to 'reserve' enough spots so we can all park together. I've never been there but some places allow car clubs the right to reserve (lawn chairs and signs) spots for club members to park along side or at least in the same vicinity. Any thoughts on that?

Jim

Jim,

There is a mustang club I use to be in that goes. They all park together, but I would know who to talk to about getting a"reserved area". We could plan on meeting up prior to going in and park together that way. I'm open to suggestions

Marlon

Since you guys on this topic are from PA and NJ. I'm planning to take my family out on vacation from CA to Philadelphia, NY City and final stop in Buffalo. I want to stay in between NY and Philly what city should I stay? I'm thinking of Trenton is that OK. Thanks for any inputs.

Since you guys on this topic are from PA and NJ. I'm planning to take my family out on vacation from CA to Philadelphia, NY City and final stop in Buffalo. I want to stay in between NY and Philly what city should I stay? I'm thinking of Trenton is that OK. Thanks for any inputs.

I've only been through Trenton a couple of times. I think there are better places to stay. Are you looking for somewhere to stay as you pass through or are you planning to see some sites in NJ?

I've only been through Trenton a couple of times. I think there are better places to stay. Are you looking for somewhere to stay as you pass through or are you planning to see some sites in NJ?

Just a place to stay. Because I'm going to Philly for a day and couple days in Manhattan then off to Niagra Falls. I got the hotel call Lakeside Conference Center & Hotel in Plainsboro, NJ. Because it locate between the two cities. How about any recommendation in Niagra Falls. Is better to stay in Canada or in the US?

Just a place to stay. Because I'm going to Philly for a day and couple days in Manhattan then off to Niagra Falls. I got the hotel call Lakeside Conference Center & Hotel in Plainsboro, NJ. Because it locate between the two cities. How about any recommendation in Niagra Falls. Is better to stay in Canada or in the US?

I hope you get this before you leave. Don't stay in Trenton unless you want your car stolen. Plainboro is not Trenton proper but it's close. I need a little more information on your planned route to make a recommendation. You might be OK in Plainboro depending on where the hotel is located. Are you traveling I-95 from Philly to NYC? I've been to Niagra Falls and the Candadian side is much nicer. You can PM me if you want. I'm in law enforcement in NJ and I'll make recommendation based on safety (for your family and your car) and scenery.

Jim

I hope you get this before you leave. Don't stay in Trenton unless you want your car stolen. Plainboro is not Trenton proper but it's close. I need a little more information on your planned route to make a recommendation. You might be OK in Plainboro depending on where the hotel is located. Are you traveling I-95 from Philly to NYC? I've been to Niagra Falls and the Candadian side is much nicer. You can PM me if you want. I'm in law enforcement in NJ and I'll make recommendation based on safety (for your family and your car) and scenery.

Jim

Jim,

I just PM you, Thanks

My family and I just got back from a trip to Detroit from New York. We swung through Windsor on our way to Toronto and then to Niagra Falls. If you can, you definitely want to stay on the Canadian side. The falls are illuminated at night and on certain Fridays they have fireworks over the falls all of which you can see from your hotel window. Try the Emabassy Suites Fallsview and stay on the falls side, 25th floor or higher. And oh by the way take the Maid of the Mist boat ride. The captain will get you right up into the horseshoe of the Canadian side of the falls about 100 feet from the base of the falls...UNBELIEVABLE!

http://www.embassysuitesniagarafalls.com/

Now go drive your Shelby!

ok,

I'm new the this site also, and live only about 20 minutes from Raceway Park. Sounds like next Tuesday will be good. I'll plan on being there. I have a Black GT500 with White Stripes. Fred, Nelson & Nelson Jr. at EVO just finished the suspension, shocks, headers/exhaust and new wheels/rubber to compliment earlier induction work. Great guy's. I'll post some pictures later.

I'm checking in on the PA side. I live close to King of Prussa. Have met a few GT500 owners via a local Shelby club but there are very few of us around. I installed the Stage II kit from Evo, FRPP axle-backs, BMR LCA's, 373 gears, and the Shelby head rest and console arm rest covers. Later this month I will be trailoring the GT500 to Tasca Ford show in R.I. I'm hoping to have Carroll Shelby sign something on my car plus John Force will be in attendance as well. I'm also a soldier in the NJ National Guard. I'm stationed at Mercer County Airport in West Trenton. If anyone wants to meet, Trenton is not to bad of a ride for me as far as traffic.

Ken

Archived