TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I now own #38 CSX-VNT any info?

jmmotors

On 1/18/2019 at 10:20 AM, jmmotors said:

I just got a CSX-VNT number #38 and I'm in the dark great purchase or O no??? Awesome looking car huge respect for shelby. Any info on this vehicle original tire size any history Thanks guys.

195/60/15 Goodyear GT+4 would have been the original tires.

According to the Shelby American Registry car #38 was an unsold leftover unit purchased back by Chrysler when Shelby Automobiles closed their doors in early 1990. It appears that Chrysler then shipped car #38 to Northern California to be sold.

If the car has spent its entire life in California perhaps the DMV can give you some history on the car but keep in mind that even if they do the info will not contain any owners names. You may also want to try running a CarFax report but I've noticed that many CarFax reports no longer contain a full history on cars this old.

Best suggestion is to locate magazine articles from back in the day when these cars were new in the showroom. Purchase sales brochures & manuals from say eBay and make contact with other 1989 CSX owners. There are a few facebook pages and websites dedicated to the trurbo mopar cars from the 1980's.

Steve

1 hour ago, SAI-Steven said:

205/50/15 Goodyear Gatorback would have been the original tires.

According to the Shelby American Registry car #38 was a unsold leftover unit purchased back by Chrysler when Shelby Automobiles closed their doors in early 1990. It appears that Chrysler then shipped car #38 to Northern California to be sold.

If the car has spent its entire life in California perhaps the DMV can give you some history on the car but keep in mind that even if they do the info will not contain any owners names. You may also want to try running a CarFax report but I've noticed that many CarFax reports no longer contain a full history.

Best suggestion is to locate magazine articles from back in the day when these cars were new in the showroom. Purchase sales brochures & manuals from say eBay and make contact with other 1989 CSX owners. There are a few facebook pages and websites dedicated to the trurbo mopar cars from the 1980's.

Steve

Awesome advice and info Steve Thank you so much. Was the 205/50R15 a rare model releas I thought they had 195 and then the 15 in 225? Thanks again.

Edited by jmmotors

23 minutes ago, jmmotors said:

Awesome advice and info Steve Thank you so much. Was the 205/50R15 a rare model releas I thought they had 195 and then the 15 in 255? Thanks again.

On second thought you are probably correct. The stock tires were smaller and I believe were GT+4 tires.

Let me check into this and get back to you.

Steve

4 minutes ago, SAI-Steven said:

On second thought you are probably correct. The stock tires were smaller and I believe were GT+4 tires.

Let me check into this and get back to you.

Steve

Yes you are correct. The stock tires were 195/60/15 Goodyear GT+4 with an optional 225/50/15 Gatorback.

You can also look in the drivers door jamb of your car for the Federal tire decal that shows the original size and load limits.

Please ignore my previous tire size post, that size was for the earlier cars. I'll revise my previous posts so that no one is confused.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

I love the car but dont think I can keep it as loved as it truly deserves. So to you mopar guys and shelby loves It is available for sale to the right buyer. But no hurry to just let it go. Anyone interested? Email me jmmotors247@gmail.com 

Headline shelby CSX