TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The New Shelby GT 500...........

David Hawkins

6 hours ago, tekheavy said:

I don't think that would help. Not crazy about the color or that rear wing.

I know the colour does suck and so does the wing but we'd get an idea how much it would change that gaping grill look....this is a track pac

car there will be a version with the smaller spoiler on the back and no CF wheels.

It has been reported in the media that the release date is not until November.  Not sure of the accuracy, but based on the allocation process, you might want to work now with a dealer that would be on the list for have sold lots of Ford Shelby GT350 models.  With lots of allocations, the dealer might not have a crazy ADM.  Or you could just be patient until the-gotta-have-it-now-now matter-how-much-the dealers-charges buyers are done and the next issues sit around long enough for dealers to sell the new GT500 at MSRP or less.  There are a lot of past examples of this happening.

16 hours ago, 66GT350PS said:

It has been reported in the media that the release date is not until November.  Not sure of the accuracy, but based on the allocation process, you might want to work now with a dealer that would be on the list for have sold lots of Ford Shelby GT350 models.  With lots of allocations, the dealer might not have a crazy ADM.  Or you could just be patient until the-gotta-have-it-now-now matter-how-much-the dealers-charges buyers are done and the next issues sit around long enough for dealers to sell the new GT500 at MSRP or less.  There are a lot of past examples of this happening.

Yes patience will be the key and a lot of it. Look how long ADM's stayed on the GT350.

Steve

A lot will also depend on the quantity of production as well.  Once there are thousands produced like the 2007-14 GT500 series,  the ADM seems to drop in many markets.  True the GT350R limited edition has stayed with a high ADM, but not the non-R GT350.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 4:49 PM, twobjshelbys said:

From day 1 til day last (which hasn't happened yet).  You still can't get a GT350R for MSRP. 

Maybe.... but you can pick one up with less than 1000 miles for less than sticker rather easily.

23 hours ago, QuickSilverShelby said:

I was offer a 2018 GT350 at $13,000 under MSRP and a 2018 350R at invoice which is approximately $8,300 under MSRP.

QSS 

I would have been very tempted to jump on that offer.

21 hours ago, BlackSGT said:

Quick bumper color change in Photoshop.

PSbumper.jpg

And with one small change the front end looks correct now.  If I bought one, I would absolutely special order it to have the front bumper color matched to the body... with stripes!

57 minutes ago, ViperNC said:

And with one small change the front end looks correct now.  If I bought one, I would absolutely special order it to have the front bumper color matched to the body... with stripes!

Definitely stripes!

On 2/6/2019 at 6:36 AM, QuickSilverShelby said:

I was offer a 2018 GT350 at $13,000 under MSRP and a 2018 350R at invoice which is approximately $8,300 under MSRP.

QSS 

Exactly the point I was making. By waiting until the fourth year of GT350 production you were offered prices that got you thinking maybe now is the time. Unless a close relative owns a dealership, and that close relative likes you more than profit, you are not getting a 2020 GT500 at invoice or $13k under MSRP.

Patience is the key.

Steve

2 hours ago, QuickSilverShelby said:

Which one would have you taken? The 350 or the R?

QSS

Probably the R... but would depend on your intended usage.

4 hours ago, ViperNC said:

"KERMIT"  the FROG!!      :hysterical2:          

On ‎2019‎-‎02‎-‎06 at 12:35 PM, BlackSGT said:

Quick bumper color change in Photoshop.

PSbumper.jpg

Now that looks much better...MUCH better!!….gets rid of that gaping mouth grill look so many new cars have today...Now have those mirrors

and roof body coloured also in RED w flat black stripes?....That would be mine!!

Edited by svtkeith

On 2/7/2019 at 10:48 AM, SAI-Steven said:

Exactly the point I was making. By waiting until the fourth year of GT350 production you were offered prices that got you thinking maybe now is the time. Unless a close relative owns a dealership, and that close relative likes you more than profit, you are not getting a 2020 GT500 at invoice or $13k under MSRP.

Patience is the key.

Steve

Patience Grasshopper 

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 3:11 PM, svtkeith said:

Now that looks much better...MUCH better!!….gets rid of that gaping mouth grill look so many new cars have today...Now have those mirrors

and roof body coloured also in RED w flat black stripes?....That would be mine!!

Luckily the Painted Black Roof is an Option, one I would NOT want.

On 2/8/2019 at 9:11 AM, svtkeith said:

Hi Keith...Talked to you about the 2020 GT500 some time ago.. Well what do you think now it's been shown???....Hate it or love it?

Looks better to me with the painted bar in the grille tho.

Edited by NZ Shelby KR

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2019‎-‎02‎-‎11 at 8:43 PM, NZ Shelby KR said:

Hi Keith...Talked to you about the 2020 GT500 some time ago.. Well what do you think now it's been shown???....Hate it or love it?

Looks better to me with the painted bar in the grille tho.

Hey NZ...Yeah remember that...I like the new GT500 WITH the painted center bar in the grill way better than without....not to happy about

the auto only though and think it's a huge mistake on Fords part not having both bud...JMO!!

2 hours ago, svtkeith said:

the auto only though and think it's a huge mistake on Fords part not having both bud...JMO!!

You do know that Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche, BMW all sell more auto trans cars compared to manual trans?

You do know that GM sells more automatic Corvettes compared to m/t Corvettes?

You do know that Ford sells more automatic transmission Mustang's compared to m/t Mustangs?

While it would be nice to have both trans available but if Ford needed to pick one over the other its the buyers who choose automatics. Ford is just giving buyers what they want.

Steven

PS- I agree on the painted bumper and I suspect Ford has heard plenty about this so lets see if they respond by applying some extra paint.

Steven,

Personally, I prefer the new automatics over the manuals. And with the paddle shifters one gets the best of both worlds. But, they really need to rethink that silly transmission knob instead of a gear shift...just sayin'....................

Everything is headed that direction because the technology allows the cars to accelerate faster than a manual shift.  Ford should still give the buyer the option and make it a custom order process for a manual shift car.  JMO.... :shift: