TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Good Deal on 2007?

Greatgolf7

Hello 

I’m looking at buying a used 2007 Shelby GT. This will be a fun car to cruise around in and not a collector car neither a DD. Won’t be abused but won’t be babied neither. I have found two white ones with less than 20k miles. I have seen only pictures of them and they are in great condition. One is listed at $23k and the other at $25k. 

Is that a good price? What’s your opinion if they can’t be negotiated lower?

Thanks 

• 2 weeks later...

My father is selling his 2007 Shelby GT Californian edition.  1 of 200 made that year.  Original owner, 35,000 miles.  Car has been babied.  It is black with silver stripes.  Comes with the California edition sill plates and the carbon fiber gauge pod.  The Dash is also signed by Carrol Shelby.  Car is located in Las Vegas.  I will be making a post on here some time today with pictures,  but just wanted to give you a heads up if you were interested! 

On 1/2/2019 at 11:33 AM, Greatgolf7 said:

Hello 

I’m looking at buying a used 2007 Shelby GT. This will be a fun car to cruise around in and not a collector car neither a DD. Won’t be abused but won’t be babied neither. I have found two white ones with less than 20k miles. I have seen only pictures of them and they are in great condition. One is listed at $23k and the other at $25k. 

Is that a good price? What’s your opinion if they can’t be negotiated lower?

Thanks 

Make sure you ask about the spark plugs. Not trying to scare you, just providing info. The 2007 thru mid 2008 Shelby GT had two piece plugs that were a headache for some people. Ask about it when you are looking at cars and see if they have been changed to one piece type. Here is a topic on it.

also if you are looking at a very low mileage car, some may have their original tires. Even with very low miles those will need to be replaced for safety reasons since they are well beyond 5 years old.

Edited by mhr1961

I have a 2007, 6600 mile, white with tan interior , 5spd Shelby GT with a Kenne Bell supercharger in immaculate condition with extras. Super charger not done by Shelby but by a Ford dealer. You might think it is high but find another with the condition and colors. 31k Mike G.

2 hours ago, Mike G said:

I have a 2007, 6600 mile, white with tan interior , 5spd Shelby GT with a Kenne Bell supercharger in immaculate condition with extras. Super charger not done by Shelby but by a Ford dealer. You might think it is high but find another with the condition and colors. 31k Mike G.

I think your for sure in the area. Your honesty is paramount and the buyer will know that. Try $31k and take it from there, sounds like a nice car.

GLWS

Thanks Swedeman. When I purchased the car I liked the fact that it was different (interior color) than the other Shelby GT'S out there. I comfortably paid more for that and the fact that it is as new. Worth a little more to me than one needing work. Mike G.

IMG_1498.PNG

Edited by Mike G
adding a picture