TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2006 GTH 006

cougarss428

I emailed the seller and asked - What is the condition of the plaque, does it come with the dash in the backround in the picture, and what did he know about it. He answered  " It is brand new, never been attached, I got it from another beater ." I emailed back - How can that be ? If it is real, it would have been attached to car 06H0006 when it was built .And I see some scratches and a dash in your picture.  Never got an answer.

6 hours ago, cobraguy69 said:

I emailed the seller and asked - What is the condition of the plaque, does it come with the dash in the backround in the picture, and what did he know about it. He answered  " It is brand new, never been attached, I got it from another beater ." I emailed back - How can that be ? If it is real, it would have been attached to car 06H0006 when it was built .And I see some scratches and a dash in your picture.  Never got an answer.

I too, wrote and asked the seller about the plaque.....the scratches and discoloring along the edges that are visible in his photos and could he explain where the plaque came from. Was it from a wrecked GTH or part of the owners package? His reply....."the plaque is in mint condition, the scratches and discoloring is on the plastic wrapper". (??) He never addressed where the plaque may have come from. I wrote him back again asking about the plaque's origin...........can he verify its authenticity. It's been a week and still no response. 

cobraguy69....Point of information. These permanent dash plaques came in the owners packet. The car came with a dash plaque decal.   

I think the current owner of this plaque may have bought it off ebay a couple of months ago and he is trying to flip it for a profit.  About two or three months ago several of these plaques came up on ebay by one seller.  I bought a different plaques along with it's matching key chain but I am sure I saw this plaque for sale at the same time.  I think it may have sold for around $80 or $90 bucks so I believe this may be a case of someone trying to turn a profit.  I swear it was on ebay but I could be wrong...... I am getting oldish:lol:

Obviously that doesn't explain the dash in the background.

QSS

Edited by QuickSilverShelby

Cobraguy69, These dash plaques were not mounted on the cars while they were in rental.  A decal was used instead.  You had to contact Shelby with proof of ownership to get the goodies which included the dash plaque, key chain etc.  Good ole ebay.   Good info everyone.  

26 minutes ago, HERTZ II said:

QSS & MKW

Do either of you recall which other dash plaques (numbers) were a part of the Ebay listing back in Oct?? Am I  remembering correctly.. 4 different plaques??

QSS.....mind my asking which number you got?

From what I remember he had 2 that were complete with the dash plaque and key chain. Mine is H0009 and the other one was H0005. Then he had just the dash plague for H0006. He told me he got them from a former employee at Shelby. MKW

6 hours ago, HERTZ II said:

QSS & MKW

Do either of you recall which other dash plaques (numbers) were a part of the Ebay listing back in Oct?? Am I  remembering correctly.. 4 different plaques??

QSS.....mind my asking which number you got?

5 hours ago, MKW said:

From what I remember he had 2 that were complete with the dash plaque and key chain. Mine is H0009 and the other one was H0005. Then he had just the dash plague for H0006. He told me he got them from a former employee at Shelby. MKW

That's what I remember too.  4 different plaques and two of them had the matching key chains.  I bought the H0005 plaque and keychain.

QSS

Thanks for that info guys, I didn't know that the plaques were not attached at SA. The ebayer's pic seems to show a dash   in the back round which is also confusing.

But at least this is a real plaque ? I wonder where these cars and owners are. Are they in the Registry ? I would think these owners would want them.

I have a 2016 GT-H bought from a Hertz licensee. It has the plaque attached. Were the 2016's done the same way with the plaques separate to be attached by the owner ?

cobraguy69..........the answer to your question about the 2016 GTH dash plaques is NO....they were NOT done the same as the 2006s. The 2016 did not have a dash plaque decal. There was only 1 version of the plaque (the hard version) and it was installed at SA. 

QSS & MKW..Thanks for the info, guys. #'s 5,6, 9 & ?   Anyone want to take a stab at what the 4th csm number was??   

5 & 9 were sold on eBay dash plaque and key chain together for ~ $150 each. #6 was just the dash plaque and it sold for $338.  So if the seller of #6 was the one who purchased it originally on eBay, they are selling at a loss.