TEAM SHELBY FORUM

07SGT Control Arm paint code

ChicagoChris

On 12/22/2018 at 9:58 AM, ChicagoChris said:

Does anyone know the black paint code for the lower control arms? I'm getting some surface rust on them and other suspension parts.

I've seen the 'frame paint' advertised on the TV car repair shows but wanted the touch ups to match.  Thanks

Don't know of a paint code, I've always just referred to it as chassis black. Touch-ups can be tricky because one manufacturers chassis black can have a different sheen (gloss) compared to another manufacturers chassis black.

You may want to reach out to Alex Mackenzie to see what product he used for his "rusty butt" treatment for the 2007-14 Shelby's.

Steve

8 hours ago, SAI-Steven said:

Don't know of a paint code, I've always just referred to it as chassis black. Touch-ups can be tricky because one manufacturers chassis black can have a different sheen (gloss) compared to another manufacturers chassis black.

You may want to reach out to Alex Mackenzie to see what product he used for his "rusty butt" fix for the 2007-14 Shelby's.

Steve

I sure miss Alex's build threads