TEAM SHELBY FORUM

07 GT/SC conversion promotions

noac

On 11/17/2018 at 5:06 AM, noac said:

I have a 2007 SGT and want to know if there are any current promotions being offered by Shelby on the conversion price.  I know from time to time they offer discounts or free upgrades,

Recently we did have a promotion for the 2006-08 GT/GTH owners where a optional interior upgrade was included as part of the GT/SC package at no charge. Although this promotion has expired if you email me your contact info I'll walk it over to our sales department and have them take good care of you. If you call our sales department directly you will be told the promotion has expired so send me an email at stevent@shelby.com

FYI, this customer good will gesture I'm offering is limited so please don't email me in January saying that you want to take me up on this.

Steve

On 11/19/2018 at 7:39 PM, carnut12 said:

Great offer Steve!!!  Very thoughtful of you.

+100 

Good form Steve! 

Edit-  My old car is there now taking advantage of the interior upgrade pkg offer..... :rockon: 

#07SGT5671

The new owner is getting stoked!!

43412844350_2789c77236_b.jpg

Edited by BIKEBOY

On 11/19/2018 at 7:52 AM, SAI-Steven said:

Recently we did have a promotion for the 2006-08 GT/GTH owners where a optional interior upgrade was included as part of the GT/SC package at no charge. Although this promotion has expired if you email me your contact info I'll walk it over to our sales department and have them take good care of you. If you call our sales department directly you will be told the promotion has expired so send me an email at stevent@shelby.com

FYI, this customer good will gesture I'm offering is limited so please don't email me in January saying that you want to take me up on this.

Steve

Thank you sir.  I called and spoke with Chris today before I saw this post.  I am will make my decision shortly. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/21/2018 at 5:11 PM, BIKEBOY said:

+100 

Good form Steve! 

Edit-  My old car is there now taking advantage of the interior upgrade pkg offer..... :rockon: 

#07SGT5671

The new owner is getting stoked!!

43412844350_2789c77236_b.jpg

I can confirm Chris' post.   The gorgeous '07 Shelby GT 5671 is well on its way to morphing into a GT/SC as I type.  :)

50 minutes ago, Len Musgrove said:

I can confirm Chris' post.   The gorgeous '07 Shelby GT 5671 is well on its way to morphing into a GT/SC as I type.  :)

Len!!! :happyfeet: 

Let me be the first person to officially welcome you to Team Shelby! :salute: 

I can’t wait to see the transformation. Please keep us all informed.  And remember what they say on the inter web.... :camera: or it didn’t happen. :lol: 

Chris

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2018 at 11:37 AM, IASHELBYGT said:

Nice, and it looks like they still have a deep draw hood option.

12 hours ago, Len Musgrove said:

They do indeed.  I saw a 2008 Vista Blue GT/SC completed that also had the deep draw hood while I was checking on my 2007.

Actually that's the mid-draw hood. Deep draw hoods had clearance problems with supercharger installs and are no longer being made.

Now before anyone asks,, these mid-draw hoods are NOT available for purchase over the counter. These hoods are produced on an as needed basis for cars being upgraded with say a GT/SC or widebody package here at SAI.

Steve

On 12/28/2018 at 10:44 AM, SAI-Steven said:

Actually that's the mid-draw hood. Deep draw hoods had clearance problems with supercharger installs and are no longer being made.

Now before anyone asks,, these mid-draw hoods are NOT available for purchase over the counter. These hoods are produced on an as needed basis for cars being upgraded with say a GT/SC or widebody package here at SAI.

Steve

Steve

Can you tell us the package price of a wide body install at Shelby Las Vegas, including wheels and tire package? Thanks!

On 12/31/2018 at 9:25 PM, SWEDEMAN said:

Steve

Can you tell us the package price of a wide body install at Shelby Las Vegas, including wheels and tire package? Thanks!

For the newer cars see this link,

http://info.shelbyamerican.com/eblast/021518-WB/WideBody_Web.pdf

For the older cars, here is the over the counter non-installed price

http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/wbk-1.htm

For exact pricing please call the Shelby Sales Office at 702-942-7325

4 hours ago, SAI-Steven said:

For the newer cars see this link,

http://info.shelbyamerican.com/eblast/021518-WB/WideBody_Web.pdf

For the older cars, here is the over the counter non-installed price

http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/wbk-1.htm

For exact pricing please call the Shelby Sales Office at 702-942-7325

Thank you Steve.

On 1/2/2019 at 7:15 PM, SWEDEMAN said:

Thank you Steve.

That Paxton would be UBER SPECIAL with a wide body Dave!!!! 

:rockon: 

Edit- It’d be even cooler if ya widened those Razors and kept her old school looking !! :cool: 

Edited by BIKEBOY

52 minutes ago, BIKEBOY said:

That Paxton would be UBER SPECIAL with a wide body Dave!!!! 

:rockon: 

Edit- It’d be even cooler if ya widened those Razors and kept her old school looking !! :cool: 

Oh yes it would be! I have to get some adrenaline pumping here!! 

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Len Musgrove said:

'07 SGT 5671 nearing the finish line!  I am about to get fired up here!

Engine Profile 1-25-19.jpg

Final Stages. 2 1-20-19.jpg

"VERY NICE"!        "ENJOY THE RIDE"!    :cool:

Just curious did they add the belt tensioner part that stops it from slipping/shredding, several of us had that issue.  I went the next level up and just added the 10 rib belt, but I would at minimum get the tensioner.  The package should come with it, but I would make sure.

You are going to love it!!!!

Edited by carnut12

I really like the cam covers too Len. 

I was going to install those when I had her, but G said “no more money!” :doh::hysterical: 

Seriously man, you are going to have one awesome looking beast there!! :worship: 

Edit- Do you plan on leaving the taillight trim on her? I got loads of compliments on those over the years. :cool: 

Edited by BIKEBOY

1 hour ago, carnut12 said:

Just curious did they add the belt tensioner part that stops it from slipping/shredding, several of us had that issue.  I went the next level up and just added the 10 rib belt, but I would at minimum get the tensioner.  The package should come with it, but I would make sure.

:lurk: 

7 hours ago, carnut12 said:

I am not sure, but I wouldn't be surprised.   Matt Giles at Shelby has done a great job overseeing the GT/SC conversion.  Thanks for the good words!  

Thanks, Chris.  I also added the Shelby caps, which are shown below.  I like the way it dresses up the engine bay.    I am really anxious to get the little beast here.   Fortunately, the cruddy weather in Dallas is making me more patient than I would be otherwise.  :) 

Engine Bay completed with Caps 20619.jpg