TEAM SHELBY FORUM

intercooler problems

jayburke22@gmail.com

my intercooler quit working I was doing a coolant change for intercooler it was working with key on just prior to draining and you can hear the pump buzzing along but no circulation I used air pressure to push out coolant and thought ruined intercoolant pump so just installed new bosh gt500 pump and same thing my car is actually a 420 ford race craft 3 valve supercharged car but uses same pump anyone have any ideas I can check for a fuse or relay but it seems odd I hear the pump running

My guess is you have air in the system. Massage the hoses until it pushes all the air out and starts pumping again.  It can takes several minutes. I have changed/upgraded my system several times and every time air gets trapped in the pump. 

If possible while the pump is running remove it from the mounting bracket and massage the hose while placing the pump at different angles. That usually forces the air out in a couple of seconds.