TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Colgan Bra..Just got it!

I just received my new Colgan bra for the Gt500. I put it on this morning and did a test run. All seems to be OK. Its a little more difficult (installation) than the Colgan for my 03 Cobra, but I followed the instructions and it fits well. Wife and I are heading to Fla. tomorrow (1003 mile trip) so I'll post an addendum after I arrive, lettting you all know how it fared. Colgan, I believe, is the only bra available for the Shelby Gt500 at this time. They have been working fro some time on the design and have now approved it and are taking orders. My 03 Bra was great and this one seems to be of the same high quality.

I just received my new Colgan bra for the Gt500. I put it on this morning and did a test run. All seems to be OK. Its a little more difficult (installation) than the Colgan for my 03 Cobra, but I followed the instructions and it fits well. Wife and I are heading to Fla. tomorrow (1003 mile trip) so I'll post an addendum after I arrive, lettting you all know how it fared. Colgan, I believe, is the only bra available for the Shelby Gt500 at this time. They have been working fro some time on the design and have now approved it and are taking orders. My 03 Bra was great and this one seems to be of the same high quality.

That's good to hear. Blackfoot had similar good words. I finally see it listed online, but still can't order it. Did you have to call to order? Which bra did you get - the original 2 piece?

That's good to hear. Blackfoot had similar good words. I finally see it listed online, but still can't order it. Did you have to call to order? Which bra did you get - the original 2 piece?

I got the two peice black standard set-up. Blackfoot was the one that provided his car on numerous occasions to allow Colgan to complete their design. He should be commended!! The Bra was $150.00 less shipping. Call Colgan and they will manufacture one for you. I don't think they have any in stock, but can manufacture one and send it to you. Mine had the license plate cut-out and its a little more $ for the plate delete. I'm very pleased with the fit and finish. I would not recommend leaving it on constantly. I only use it when I travel. I never had any paint issues with the 03 Cobra and always took it off when I got to Fla. and then back on when I returned. They also don't recommend your leaving it on if it gets rained on, which makes sense. Hope this addresses your questions.

Dans500:

It takes about two to three weeks to manufacture, on average. Mine cost $150.00 (see my response to GT500FLYBOY). It will not damage your paint and I had no issues with my previous Colgan Bra on the 03 Cobra. I don't leave it on when at home, only use it on long trips on highway. If it getss wet, don't leave it on the car and let it dry. I always took it off when I arrived at my destination, wet or dry.

Bras are only a good thing for occasional cruises. Long term use of a bra will cause fading,discoloration due to trapped moisture between the bra and the clearcoat. Scratches and vibration lines in the finish from constant mico movements while driving.

Someone needs to invent a bra that is simple fast under 5 minutes to install. This would be the only way I would use one. Installed for long cruises.

I have seen many vehilces clearcoat and paint ruined by bras.

Bras are only a good thing for occasional cruises. Long term use of a bra will cause fading,discoloration due to trapped moisture between the bra and the clearcoat. Scratches and vibration lines in the finish from constant mico movements while driving.

Someone needs to invent a bra that is simple fast under 5 minutes to install. This would be the only way I would use one. Installed for long cruises.

I have seen many vehilces clearcoat and paint ruined by bras.

Had many different cars in the past with bra's on them and never had an issue with fading or scratches. If it fits nice and tight and has sufficient padding, it will have minimal movement. Guess it depends on how and where the car is driven. I live in AZ. and driving here is quite hard on paint and windshields. Lot's of open exposed roads to sand rocks and other debris and lot's of big rigs and construction going on almost constantly.

Bra's will definately protect the front of your cars. The one time you don't drive with one on, will be the one time you wish you would of.

As soon as I can get an answer from Colgan on the price and delivery, I plan on getting one for my GT500. Colgan has not been very good with responding to my e-mails, may have to call them.

AZbud

3m clear bra is the way I would go, but I may just go braless and paint the front if it ever needs it

I'd like to get the clear bra first, but I'm getting the 40th/SS package done later this year and I need some protection now. So - I'm ordering the Colgan bra today. Seems like a real bargain. They put a lot of time and effort into getting it right.

Wow, a post about bras and no one made any off color jokes or drove the thread off topic...

oops! :hysterical:

You know, not all of us see life that way. Some of us are simply happy to stay abreast of the latest technologies. Right now, I'm going to lift and separate myself from this chair and have A Cup of coffee.

(feel better now? I know I do! :hysterical: )

bj

You know, not all of us see life that way. Some of us are simply happy to stay abreast of the latest technologies. Right now, I'm going to lift and separate myself from this chair and have A Cup of coffee.

(feel better now? I know I do! :hysterical: )

bj

Just to let you all know, made the trip Fla. The Colgan bra worked fine. No damage to paint. Took it off when I arrived and all was well. Just as good as the one on my 03. Average speed was about 78 to 80mph with an occasional burst upwards. Car ran great and will change the oil while I'm here.

Just to let you all know, made the trip Fla. The Colgan bra worked fine. No damage to paint. Took it off when I arrived and all was well. Just as good as the one on my 03. Average speed was about 78 to 80mph with an occasional burst upwards. Car ran great and will change the oil while I'm here.

[/quote

Drove to FLA. from where? Did you run into any inclimate weather?

AZbud

I think I would rather go with the bra than the 3M solution for several reasons. First is the cost of the 3M, second not being able to do it your self, and third the 3M product has the same issues as the paint over time with scratches and such and need to be redone. Just MO.

• 2 weeks later...
I ordered mine on the 10th and I still haven't seen it. How long did it take for you guys? Is anyone getting the carbon fiber look material - or just black?

ordered mine last Thusday and it shipped already on Friday even though they said it would take 3 weeks....

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks - I just called Colgan and my bra shipped Friday as well. They were waiting for a few orders to do a production run.

did you get yours? Had mine on the car this weekend. Putting it in the sun is definitely worth the wait. It is a tight fit but once on, it looks very nice and seems to cover all the right places. Expensive but worth it.

did you get yours? Had mine on the car this weekend. Putting it in the sun is definitely worth the wait. It is a tight fit but once on, it looks very nice and seems to cover all the right places. Expensive but worth it.

Yes - I have it on now. I'll be taking it off to wash and wax again before the trip to Dearborn next week. Here are some pics on another thread.

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...20&start=20

Archived