TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Shelby owner here

Matts

After a decade of patiently waiting, I finally pulled the trigger on a 2007 Shelby GT CSM 0272. What an amazing experience it was to drive this car home.

What would it take to return this Shelby to stock, and where can I find the Berg, CS, or Shelby snake badges?

Thanks!

Shelby1-1.jpg

Shelby2.jpg

Edit:

Mistyped

Not 07SGT 0252

Instead: 07SGT0272

Edited by Matts
Mistyped - Not 07SGT0252 Instead: 07SGT0272

41 minutes ago, clark17357 said:

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the fold.  What is it about your car that is not stock?  I see that the wheels are not stock but what else?

Jim

Thank you! I love this car!

I think the term, "restore" was what I looking for.

The car is missing stripes over the roof and front bumper. The stripes that are on it now, aren't original. They are aftermarket replacements. They're 9-1/2" stripes with a 1" gap. I can't decide whether to have them painted or find a way to have them replaced.

The wheels, of course are not original.

And the hood pins were stolen/lost off the car prior to the purchase, then replaced.

The trunk carpet is missing and I haven't found a replacement piece for it.

I've tried lmr.com to find these parts, but they don't carry these items.

2 hours ago, SGT0128 said:

Congratulations.   I’m afraid those are long gone.   I wish I’d bought more of them back in the day.  

Thank you!

Dang that blows. No biggie, this car is amazing. I love it!

20 minutes ago, Matts said:

Thank you! I love this car!

I think the term, "restore" was what I looking for.

The car is missing stripes over the roof and front bumper. The stripes that are on it now, aren't original. They are aftermarket replacements. They're 9-1/2" stripes with a 1" gap. I can't decide whether to have them painted or find a way to have them replaced.

The wheels, of course are not original.

And the hood pins were stolen/lost off the car prior to the purchase, then replaced.

The trunk carpet is missing and I haven't found a replacement piece for it.

I've tried lmr.com to find these parts, but they don't carry these items.

Thank you!

Dang that blows. No biggie, this car is amazing. I love it!

Paint the stripes and don’t look back

Hood pins

https://www.cjponyparts.com/drake-muscle-cars-hood-pin-kit-stainless-steel-2005-2009/p/HDPK4/

Tasca Ford for your  carpet  depends on if you have the shaker 500 or shaker 1000 with subwoofer in truck below is just a reference  

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-carpet-9r3z6313046ba/?c=Zz1ib2R5JnM9aW50ZXJpb3ItdHJpbS1yZWFyLWJvZHkmaT1KQzA1ODYwNSZyPTgmYT1mb3JkJm89bXVzdGFuZyZ5PTIwMDYmdD1ndCZlPTQtNmwtdjgtZ2Fz

Original Wheels will be hard to find 

Edited by andrewnagle1964

1 hour ago, Matts said:

Thank you so much, Andrew.

I've been looking everywhere for the trunk carpet. And yeah, I've been on the look out for the stock SGT black wheels, it looks like I'll be going with Shelby Razors instead.

Your welcome and just be careful ordering the carpet so you get the correct one. 

And congratulations on your new shelby 

On 10/21/2018 at 8:38 PM, Matts said:

Thank you so much, Andrew.

I've been looking everywhere for the trunk carpet. And yeah, I've been on the look out for the stock SGT black wheels, it looks like I'll be going with Shelby Razors instead.

Not black but the silver stock SGT Wheels that came on the white SGT’s 

https://www.s197.com/threads/s197-mustang-18x8-5”-bullitt-wheels.135459/#post-2438718

can’t  vouch for seller