TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Clear bra

Has anyone with a 2011-2014 GT350 had a clear bra installed that they are happy with?  Pretty much everyone I’ve spoken to is advising me it’s a total hand cut job to the tune of $2300.  I suppose it’s not surprising due to the low numbers built.  

Edited by SGT0128

Not sure of the quality, but you can read up on it yourself, here is a clear bra kit for $289.00., says it fits the GT350 and GT 350 R

https://carprotectionpros.com/2015-2018-ford-mustang-shelby-gt350-gt350r-3m-scotchgard-clear-bra-paint-protection-film-deluxe-kit

ps: there are some places mentioned in other mustang forums that price installed is only $1000 to $1300 dollars and that is for 3M clear bra.

Edited by mhr1961

16 hours ago, mhr1961 said:

Not sure of the quality, but you can read up on it yourself, here is a clear bra kit for $289.00., says it fits the GT350 and GT 350 R

https://carprotectionpros.com/2015-2018-ford-mustang-shelby-gt350-gt350r-3m-scotchgard-clear-bra-paint-protection-film-deluxe-kit

ps: there are some places mentioned in other mustang forums that price installed is only $1000 to $1300 dollars and that is for 3M clear bra.

I think he is looking for a 2011-2014 Shelby made GT350 not off the assembly line ford GT350 your link is for the aftermentioned

2015-2018 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350, GT350R 3M Clear Bra Deluxe Paint Protection Kit

13 hours ago, andrewnagle1964 said:

I think he is looking for a 2011-2014 Shelby made GT350 not off the assembly line ford GT350 your link is for the aftermentioned

2015-2018 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350, GT350R 3M Clear Bra Deluxe Paint Protection Kit

You are correct sir, I misread the model dates. Thanks for catching it. Either way ,the $2300 the OP mentioned does seem a bit steep. Hope he posts back what he ends up paying once he looks further in to his project.

Edited by mhr1961

Hey guys, I don't know if this info will help you, but I just recently had my neighbor, who's a professional installer and own's his own business for  (Graphics & Window Tinting),plus some other options like 3M (Sunteck)," self-healing  clear protection film guaranteed for 10 years install this film on my 2018 Ford Edge!   He did all of the front section and a little on the front fenders and maybe about  1/3 of the hood, the mirrors, the 4 door edges, and the 4 door cups, plus he tinted my two front door windows.   Final price was about $700. installed, hope this helps!   P.S.  You can check-out 3M "Sunteck" clear protection film on the internet for more info!   :thumbsup:

Later Guys!

"MONGOOSE"                :peelout:

NO DO NOT do this! I bought a 2011 GT350 and the guy said there was a 3M Clear Bra on the nose and when I got the car the Clear Bra was all over the car and it was faded so the White paint looked yellowish and had it removed but the Clear Bra took off blotches of the clear off the body so I had to get the entire top reshot and wet sanded and stripes reapplied. Save yourself the headache and don't do it