TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New 2019 Shelby GT Purchase

SWEDEMAN

3 hours ago, SWEDEMAN said:

Thank you and enjoy that 2019 SGT, nice car for sure.

Well your welcome, and I’d love to enjoy a 2019 SGT if I had one, but I don’t.  I currently own a very nice 2008 SGT that I really enjoy.   I think you might of got me mixed up with the new car that mach1 1970 just got, it’s a 2019 Shelby GT 350R, Black w/ Black Matt stripes accented with red pin stripes, very nice car, but thanks anyways...    :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Well your welcome, and I’d love to enjoy a 2019 SGT if I had one, but I don’t.  I currently own a very nice 2008 SGT that I really enjoy.   I think you might of got me mixed up with the new car that mach1 1970 just got, it’s a 2019 Shelby GT 350R, Black w/ Black Matt stripes accented with red pin stripes, very nice car, but thanks anyways...    :thumbsup:

Yes mixed that one up, my bad. I’ve got the same good blood for 2007-08 SGT’s as well.

👍

2 hours ago, Mongoose said:

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

So I have been working with an excellent dealership who carries the Shelby brand. I want to recommend  the Seattle Dealership for a thorough Shelby experience. Yes I know I usually don't have great things to say about dealerships in general, but I have been treated with exceptional care during my time looking at buying a 2019 Shelby GT. This dealership knows that we know a lot about the brand, the cars and they treated me as such. So there is only 1 dealership in Seattle who carries the brand and I have been treated well.

Now whether I buy one or not remains to be seen, but if I were to 100% follow through, I would work with this dealer.

Just an FYI.

Edited by SWEDEMAN

On 5/29/2020 at 1:16 PM, SWEDEMAN said:

Update:

So I have been working with an excellent dealership who carries the Shelby brand. I want to recommend  the Seattle Dealership for a thorough Shelby experience. Yes I know I usually don't have great things to say about dealerships in general, but I have been treated with exceptional care during my time looking at buying a 2019 Shelby GT. This dealership knows that we know a lot about the brand, the cars and they treated me as such. So there is only 1 dealership in Seattle who carries the brand and I have been treated well.

Now whether I buy one or not remains to be seen, but if I were to 100% follow through, I would work with this dealer.

Just an FYI.

Sounds like a dealer you can trust, and as I like to say as long as buyer and seller are both happy that’s all that really matters in the end, good luck to you sir..   :thumbsup:   

14 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Sounds like a dealer you can trust, and as I like to say as long as buyer and seller are both happy that’s all that really matters in the end, good luck to you sir..   :thumbsup:   

True. BUT.....be sure to always do your due diligence, as you can’t blame anyone but yourself if you get buried monetarily $$$ when the you (the buyer) is under self-induced ether of loud exhaust. LOL.

I am in for $59.5K on a no-option 2019 Mustang Shelby GT350. I plan to to drive it hard.

I suspect the value will be around ~$30K in 2023. No big deal as cars tend to depreciate.

If I avoid the CoVid 19 and are still here, I do not plan to sell it. It's a great car.

7 hours ago, SWEDEMAN said:

True. BUT.....be sure to always do your due diligence, as you can’t blame anyone but yourself if you get buried monetarily $$$ when the you (the buyer) is under self-induced ether of loud exhaust. LOL.

Very true, but sometimes you just can’t help yourself......:doh:

1 hour ago, Vintage Racer said:

I am in for $59.5K on a no-option 2019 Mustang Shelby GT350. I plan to to drive it hard.

I suspect the value will be around ~$30K in 2023. No big deal as cars tend to depreciate.

If I avoid the CoVid 19 and are still here, I do not plan to sell it. It's a great car.

My take on it, if that’s what makes you happy, go for it.  It’s your money, your life to live, so do what makes you happy because you only live once and you can’t take it with you.  Besides if you don’t spend it, someone else will, just saying..    :thumbsup:

On 5/31/2020 at 8:32 PM, Mongoose said:

My take on it, if that’s what makes you happy, go for it.  It’s your money, your life to live, so do what makes you happy because you only live once and you can’t take it with you.  Besides if you don’t spend it, someone else will, just saying..   

Very true and thought out statement. I live “mostly” by that motto. 

Edited by SWEDEMAN
Spelling

10 hours ago, SWEDEMAN said:

Very true and thought out statement. I live “mostly” by that motto. 

Sounds good to me...:thumbsup:

On 5/31/2020 at 11:32 PM, Mongoose said:

My take on it, if that’s what makes you happy, go for it.  It’s your money, your life to live, so do what makes you happy because you only live once and you can’t take it with you.  Besides if you don’t spend it, someone else will, just saying..    :thumbsup:

I have a wife and family. They will do fine when I kick the bucket.

I believe in spending the other money on my addiction which has always been cars. I suspect that my GT500 will be delayed due to the factory shutdown.

10 hours ago, Vintage Racer said:

I believe in spending the other money on my addiction which has always been cars. I suspect that my GT500 will be delayed due to the factory shutdown.

The new GT500 is a awesome car for sure and I’m positive you’ll love it both on or off the track and you should consider your-self one lucky guy...   I always tell my wife the difference between men and boys, is the price of their toys...:thumbsup:

On 6/6/2020 at 3:26 AM, Mongoose said:

The new GT500 is a awesome car for sure and I’m positive you’ll love it both on or off the track and you should consider your-self one lucky guy...   I always tell my wife the difference between men and boys, is the price of their toys...:thumbsup:

I disagree. I am still on wife #1.

I have many friends that are on wife #2 or wife #3. They pay alimony and have given away a very nice house each time. They also pay the greedy lawyers.

I get to buy a nice car with cash money.

5 minutes ago, Vintage Racer said:

I disagree. I am still on wife #1.

I have many friends that are on wife #2 or wife #3. They pay alimony and have given away a very nice house each time. They also pay the greedy lawyers.

I get to buy a nice car with cash money.

I agree.  I am almost 40 years with wife #1 and have two Shelbys, classic and new.  Of course, providing her with two Mustang GT rides, classic and new, helped.  Gave her a ring that a key on it.  It is a gesture that works quite well.😎 

7 hours ago, 66GT350PS said:

I agree.  I am almost 40 years with wife #1 and have two Shelbys, classic and new.  Of course, providing her with two Mustang GT rides, classic and new, helped.  Gave her a ring that a key on it.  It is a gesture that works quite well.😎 

Hey guys, I’ll stand by what I originally said : The difference between men & boys is the “Price of their Toys”!!  I’ve been lucky enough to be married to the same great lady for 44 yrs. and she’s a real car gal and she really knows her cars and she can drive a real mean 4spd. too.  She owns her own collector car, plus she also bought me for my 55th birthday a real nice “Toy” a while back, it was a very cool collectable Harley Fat Boy. Plus, I also have a few other ‘Big Boy Toys” too, like two other unique collector cars and also a rare collectable ford truck. There is also many more cool collectable “toys” that I have gotten from my wife over the years for birthdays and Christmas too.  And, yes I know I’m very lucky to have her as my better-half.:thumbsup:

Our marital secret?  Separate checking and savings accounts plus a joint one for the home.  Each takes care of their own expenses and makes purchases responsibly without approval necessary unless it affects both o us.  Car purchases only require joint discussion on space requirements.  I needed more storage and work space so I got a warehouse across town.  

Key issue is not to put self or spouse into debt, since both are responsible for it.  By the way, wife loves driving Mustangs, but doesn't want to drive the Shelbys now, just go for rides.   She loves car shows and events.   Compromise is that I will go to the fabric store with her!  😎

On 6/7/2020 at 3:50 PM, 66GT350PS said:

You are a smart guy and congratulations on 40 Years.

On 6/8/2020 at 9:58 AM, DrHawkeye said:

I find it much easier to be without wife.  That way I don't have to discuss anything I want to buy with anyone other than the voices in my head.

Hey man, that works too, what ever trips your trigger..:cool:

On 6/8/2020 at 2:21 PM, 66GT350PS said:

Our marital secret?  Separate checking and savings accounts plus a joint one for the home.  Each takes care of their own expenses and makes purchases responsibly without approval necessary unless it affects both o us.  Car purchases only require joint discussion on space requirements.  I needed more storage and work space so I got a warehouse across town.  

Key issue is not to put self or spouse into debt, since both are responsible for it.  By the way, wife loves driving Mustangs, but doesn't want to drive the Shelbys now, just go for rides.   She loves car shows and events.   Compromise is that I will go to the fabric store with her!  😎

Compromise usually works most of the time..   :cool:

• 1 month later...
On 6/5/2020 at 4:44 PM, Vintage Racer said:

They are up in running and GT500‘S are hitting the dealers lots as I post. If you have a vin you should be able to get a build date. Good luck with your purchase .

I have no build date.

Just before I ordered mine,  the Ford factory shut down. I now read in today's WSJ that Ford is having problems getting employees to work full 24 hour shifts due to Covid issues.

I am in no hurry so I have no problems. It will get here when it gets here.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2020 at 4:57 PM, Vintage Racer said:

I have no build date.

Just before I ordered mine,  the Ford factory shut down. I now read in today's WSJ that Ford is having problems getting employees to work full 24 hour shifts due to Covid issues.

I am in no hurry so I have no problems. It will get here when it gets here.

When it arrives you will own one of the best GT500’s Ford has ever built . Post some  pictures when she arrives .:camera:

Oh and this month 47 years with the one and only. Great gal that goes to the 24 hour Daytona race every January.. She puts up with a lot of car stuff. 

Edited by mach 1 1970

On 6/8/2020 at 12:04 AM, Mongoose said:

Hey guys, I’ll stand by what I originally said : The difference between men & boys is the “Price of their Toys”!!  I’ve been lucky enough to be married to the same great lady for 44 yrs. and she’s a real car gal and she really knows her cars and she can drive a real mean 4spd. too.  She owns her own collector car, plus she also bought me for my 55th birthday a real nice “Toy” a while back, it was a very cool collectable Harley Fat Boy. Plus, I also have a few other ‘Big Boy Toys” too, like two other unique collector cars and also a rare collectable ford truck. There is also many more cool collectable “toys” that I have gotten from my wife over the years for birthdays and Christmas too.  And, yes I know I’m very lucky to have her as my better-half.:thumbsup:

Congrats on your 44 years bud. She knows what floats your boat you lucky devil. She drives a 4 speed now that’s cool in my book. Mine can drive a 7 speed got ya beat ...:hysterical:

Edited by mach 1 1970

On 7/25/2020 at 8:08 AM, mach 1 1970 said:

Congrats on your 44 years bud. She knows what floats your boat you lucky devil. She drives a 4 speed now that’s cool in my book. Mine can drive a 7 speed got ya beat ...:hysterical:

Hey bud, congrats on your 47 yrs. with one great lady who buts up with all your “Wheeling & Dealing” in “Big Boy Toys” and she never knows what your driving next!!!!   :shrug:

Maybe she can drive a 7 speed “Slush Box”, but how about a high-horse engine set-up for racing with a very heavy duty racing clutch and a close-ratio Hurst 4 Spd. shifter, and she learned to drive this at just 16 yrs. old.  That’s not to shabby in my book for a young lady at just 16, just saying!   And yes, she still can drive a mean stick too! :thumbsup:

I consider you and I both to be very lucky having our ‘Better Halfs”, they have to put up with all are car stuff and shenanigans and other stuff us car guys do, so yes, were both lucky “Devils”, for sure!  :victory: