TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New 2019 Shelby GT Purchase

SWEDEMAN

11 hours ago, SWEDEMAN said:

Has anyone heard if any of these cars have been delivered yet? 

I have been in contact with a dealer who ordered several for December delivery,  yet to receive none of them.

Thank you.

2019 SGT's started shipping a week or so ago. The earliest SGT orders I can find were placed in November but the car didn't arrive at SAI until January so perhaps the dealership isn't providing you with all the facts.

Steven

5 hours ago, SAI-Steven said:

2019 SGT's started shipping a week or so ago. The earliest SGT orders I can find were placed in November but the car didn't arrive at SAI until January so perhaps the dealership isn't providing you with all the facts.

Steven

Thanks Steve.

I'm looking for the newest photos as I'm thinking about ordering one. Any chances SA can update a new photo collection of 2019 SGT's?

• 1 month later...
On 4/24/2019 at 6:38 AM, Fat Boss said:

Well, my daddy always said, "there's an ass for every seat!"

Lol....yes I agree.

But hey...if you have the coin buy it! Why let someone else spend what you rightfully earned and then they (son, daughter, nephew etc...) inherited it. So you should buy it and then drive it like you stole it. I’ve seen very close people to me that tried to save it for a rainy day i.e.: take it with them....that just doesn't happen.

Edited by SWEDEMAN

1 hour ago, QuickSilverShelby said:

$101,323 for a modified Mustang seams a little steep for me.  I do like the looks but that price is steep.  The economy must be strong.

QSS

My GT350 was more than that new, but thankfully I didn't buy it new.  The economy is quite strong here in the Bay Area, I call it a Gold Rush.

23 hours ago, twobjshelbys said:

From someone that just dropped 200 long on a Ford GT :)

Congrats!

Thanks 😁

I decided FGT after the 2016 GT-H executive stick cars were being offered at $150k.  I really wanted one of the 2016 executive cars but not at that price.   I'm a Shelby fan and I still own my 07 GT-H 5spd stick car which I bought from the original Hertz executive owner and drove form Oklahoma City to my home in Alberta, Canada.  What a road trip that was.  I still have a huge collection of GT-H items from the old North Las Vegas museum so I am a Shelby enthusiast but I just couldn't justify $150k for one of the 16 GT-H's executive cars and $100k for a 2019 GT-H car makes even less sense to me for a variety of reasons so I went FGT.  The FGT just made sense to me but I am still a Shelby fan.

QSS

Edited by QuickSilverShelby

A dealer from another forum had a 2019 GT-H in his showroom and sold it to a local buyer in 7 days. They were asking ~89K.  There's a market out there.  Looks like Shelby has made a right choice in letting the dealers order them.  Those dealers know their markets best. 

Edited by twobjshelbys

People seem to be forgetting that the ebay ad people were talking about (some in mostly a negative way) is not Shelby/SAI pricing. It is an independent seller who was trying to see what he could get. Unless I am mistaken the Shelby GT-H premium normally aspirated starts at about $66k MSRP. The ebay car has a Supercharger and some options, but my guess is that if somebody ordered this same car it would be more in the $85k to $90k range which is a reasonable price.  Can’t blame the ebay seller for trying to make a profit, but I think the market just sent him a message since the ebay seller apparently got 0 bids, so it will be interesting to see if it is re-listed or pops up somewhere else for sale at a lesser price. If they are building them in sequence we know that SAI has built at least 13 units in the first quarter of the year since introducing the car. That is already more than some previous naysayers posts predicted. They have probably built more, but I know SAI doesn’t talk about production till a program is closed out.The 2019 GT-H (Heritage) is a nice looking car and I hope it is successful for SAI.

That was probably me who was talking "in a negative way" about the prices on the the 19 GT-H's.  Back in 2007 a Shelby GT had a MSRP of $36, 970.  Twelve years later a Shelby GT car is right around $90K, correct?.   In 2007 Shelby sold 5,763 +/- GT cars and so far "SAI has built at least 13 units in the first quarter".  So they are on track to sell what......52 cars for the whole year? 52 cars in 2019 vs 100 times that in 2007.

Why is that?  Could it be that the price of a Shelby GT is now 250% higher than it was 12 short years ago?  Has average wages gone up 250% in the last 12 years?   Has average house prices gone up 250% in the last 12 years? Is everybody's net worth 250% greater then it was in 2007?  I don't think so.  

It all just seams out of whack.   13 units in the first quarter on the way to 52 units for the year vs 5,763 units in 2007 is considered a success? 

These prices are driving people away and they are looking at/buying other cars.  I'm a great example of "pricing your customers out of the market".  I'm a long time Shelby enthusiast but I see greater value and return on my fun investment  by going in another direction.  Hell, you can get a Dodge Demon for close to the price of a 19 Shelby GT.

QSS

10 hours ago, QuickSilverShelby said:

That was probably me who was talking "in a negative way" about the prices on the the 19 GT-H's.  Back in 2007 a Shelby GT had a MSRP of $36, 970.  Twelve years later a Shelby GT car is right around $90K, correct?.   In 2007 Shelby sold 5,763 +/- GT cars and so far "SAI has built at least 13 units in the first quarter".  So they are on track to sell what......52 cars for the whole year? 52 cars in 2019 vs 100 times that in 2007.

Why is that?  Could it be that the price of a Shelby GT is now 250% higher than it was 12 short years ago?  Has average wages gone up 250% in the last 12 years?   Has average house prices gone up 250% in the last 12 years? Is everybody's net worth 250% greater then it was in 2007?  I don't think so.  

It all just seams out of whack.   13 units in the first quarter on the way to 52 units for the year vs 5,763 units in 2007 is considered a success? 

These prices are driving people away and they are looking at/buying other cars.  I'm a great example of "pricing your customers out of the market".  I'm a long time Shelby enthusiast but I see greater value and return on my fun investment  by going in another direction.  Hell, you can get a Dodge Demon for close to the price of a 19 Shelby GT.

QSS

QSS,

Respectfully you are comparing apples to oranges here and I sure hope you do not consider a 2007 SGT as an equal to a 2019 Shelby GT-Heritage.

And although your guesstimate on 2019 Shelby production is way off, you do realize that SAI sells automobiles internationally, if you feel that the 2019 SAI production equates to a failure then it would be quite interesting to hear what you think of Saleen's & Roush's build numbers. Hint they are a fraction of SAI's numbers, always have been and always will be.

I do believe you have been to Shelby American's production facility many times, have you ever seen an empty lift with employees just standing around? We must be doing something right if we have customers waiting patiently in line for their Shelby to be built.

Your opinion is certainly welcome and if a Dodge Demon is a better fit for you by all means go for one of the 3,300 mass produced Demon's and if the Demon's 808hp isn't enough hp for you don't forget SAI can and has been building 850-1000 hp Shelby's for quite some time now :)

Steven

Hey Steve,

I definitely don't consider the 2019 GT-H a failure but I don't see it is as a resounding success.  Here's where this all stems from for me:

When the 2016 GT-H's first hit the market through Hertz, they were asking how much?  $150,000!  For a used rental car with Shelby Heritage..... ridiculous.  Hertz was looking to "establish market pricing" or as I call it "fishing for a sucker".  I had rented two of the 16 cars (in Chicago for the SAAC 50th anniversary held at Mid Ohio for the 66 GT350H and again  in Vegas) and I wanted to buy one but I was totally insulted by this ridiculous "introductory" $150,000 pricing that Hertz "offered" to us.  Talk about alienating your loyal enthusiast.

Then, in a chance encounter, I met a Hertz executive at the SAI museum just off the I15.  This was one of my 30 or 40 visits to SAI's museum facilities at the old North Las Vegas facility along with the new facility off the I15.  When I met this Hertz executive and his wife, they were picking up his executive built 2016 GT-H 6spd stick/supercharged car.  One of the 18 that were produced for 2016.  It was awesome and we talked for over an hour about his new 2016 GT-H, his 2007 5spd super charged GT-H and his 2006 auto GT-H.  We were obviously both Shelby nuts.  You know what he showed me?  He showed me his cost of his brand new 2016 GT-H 6sp super charged car.  This was only 3 years ago.  The car that was being sold on the secondary market for $150,000 cost him what?..........  $67,000!!  Supply and demand, I get it.

So after two years of trying to buy a 16 GT-H executive car and a 16 rental car at a "fair" market price now we have the 19 GT-H which has no linage with the Hertz rental cars for $90,000 +/-.  Feels like another cash grab and a slap in the face to the loyal enthusiasts.

I know......boo hoo...... first world problems.  It is indeed a first world problem but it is still a problem😉.   Remember, I own an executive 2007 GT-H 5spd car which I freakin drove 36 hours to bring it home to Alberta, Canada from Oklahoma City.  I own a 68 GT500 which came from South Carolina.  I still own both cars and I still make it to the Vegas SAI museum several times a year along with attending the yearly SAAC conventions.  I......am.......certifiable..........Shelby........but........

I'm not sure anyone really cares but I am not sure Shelby cars are even reasonably or realistically priced.  Is it because the economy is ripping?  Probably.  Don't worry, I'm not buying a Dodge Demon, I bleed Ford blue and that is why a FGT is my latest endeavor and not a Dodge or a Corvette or a Ferrari or a Porsche......... I bought a Ford and I am damn proud of it!   I'm not trying to slam Shelby, I love Shelby, I'm just trying to........... vent........ I suppose.   It's not about the money, it's about perceived value.

QSS

Qss,

You have some valid points but keep in mind that some of your conclusions are made without knowing all the facts & figures that go into the pricing. I could say that Starbucks is making a money grab for charging $5.00 for a .50 cent cup of coffee but I have no idea what Starbucks actually has into that cup of coffee and who knows Starbucks might claim that they should really be charging $8.00 for that cup.

Many folks feel that the Shelby trucks are overpriced but if that was the case why would a more expensive Shelby truck be released the following year? If the Shelby F150 was too expensive why would a more expensive Shelby F150 Raptor then be released? If the Shelby Raptor was too expensive why then would a even more expensive Shelby F150 Super Snake truck be released? The reason is there are buyers who are fine with the pricing and want even more so Shelby/Tuscany is just fulfilling their wishes.

What I'm trying to convey is what is too much money to someone, might be a just fine to someone else. And although the U.S. economy has improved over the last couple of years I do not see SAI prices being adjusted for that. Sure we are experiencing an increase in sales but if we based our prices on demand or the economy our wide body package should have its price doubled with the amount of folks seeking that package.

Steve

PS- QSS, be sure to check out the latest Shelby vehicle unveil tomorrow as I'm confident you'll have some thoughts about it :)

I concur with Steve's comments and will add to them.

The typical criticism here on Shelby pricing is that the critic fails to agree with the price:value proposition.   I was criticized in 2008 by some friends and coworkers for the same perception of the Shelby GT over just a regular Mustang.    The issue boils down to the individual perception of the delta between the base price and the outfitted price.  Some people think the 2019 difference is too much.  Fine.  If you think that the difference of a modern GT-H is enough to justify the purchase of a Ford GT instead, hey, good choice.  The same logic kept me out of the New Ford GT - I can't justify 600K+, with some over 750K, for a underperforming car as compared to the competition for less than half the price (yes, the benchmark McLaren 720s wins hands down, for many reasons besides price, most notable is not having to ship the car to Canada for even a medium service event.)  

Like I said, I think that offering them through the Ford dealer network (like Roush) is a good business move.   As you know, one of the preferred NFGT dealers on the other forum had a new GT-H move in less than 10 days.  Not bad for a spec car.   And, mentioning it on the forum (where many have more money than brains and exhibit the behaviour of spontaneous purchases) didn't matter - it sold to a local buyer so their little bit of focused advertising didn't contribute.

The bottom line for Shelby American's new offerings is that they selling all they can make, so while people here aren't buyers, there are plenty of them out there.   The lack of buyers in this medium may perhaps be why many announcements happen first elsewhere. 

PS.  Steve, I am horribly addicted to Coffee.  And many years ago I started on Starbucks.  It didn't take me too long to figure out that it was marginally over priced, but since there is one on every corner, convenient. And also realized that in comparison, the McDonalds coffee is an excellent value proposition,  plus it's rich but not bitter (like Starbucks).   Now that I'm not out and about I make mine at home, but I still stop for a Starbucks every once in a while. 

Edited by twobjshelbys

Steve and Tony, you both have real good points.  I guess I may becoming older and grumpy as I age.  

Your Starbucks analogy actually makes allot of sense and helps me better understand the pricing structure of the GT-H cars.  I will ponder this for a while and try and keep my whining to a dull roar.

QSS

14 hours ago, QuickSilverShelby said:

Steve and Tony, you both have real good points.  I guess I may becoming older and grumpy as I age.  

Your Starbucks analogy actually makes allot of sense and helps me better understand the pricing structure of the GT-H cars.  I will ponder this for a while and try and keep my whining to a dull roar.

QSS

Vehicle pricing is always difficult, just search the internet for pricing on the 2020 GT500 or the mid engine Corvette and read the comments when neither Ford nor GM has even announced their pricing for those vehicles.

Steven

On 4/30/2019 at 8:57 PM, QuickSilverShelby said:

Hey Steve,

I definitely don't consider the 2019 GT-H a failure but I don't see it is as a resounding success.  Here's where this all stems from for me:

When the 2016 GT-H's first hit the market through Hertz, they were asking how much?  $150,000!  For a used rental car with Shelby Heritage..... ridiculous.  Hertz was looking to "establish market pricing" or as I call it "fishing for a sucker".  I had rented two of the 16 cars (in Chicago for the SAAC 50th anniversary held at Mid Ohio for the 66 GT350H and again  in Vegas) and I wanted to buy one but I was totally insulted by this ridiculous "introductory" $150,000 pricing that Hertz "offered" to us.  Talk about alienating your loyal enthusiast.

Then, in a chance encounter, I met a Hertz executive at the SAI museum just off the I15.  This was one of my 30 or 40 visits to SAI's museum facilities at the old North Las Vegas facility along with the new facility off the I15.  When I met this Hertz executive and his wife, they were picking up his executive built 2016 GT-H 6spd stick/supercharged car.  One of the 18 that were produced for 2016.  It was awesome and we talked for over an hour about his new 2016 GT-H, his 2007 5spd super charged GT-H and his 2006 auto GT-H.  We were obviously both Shelby nuts.  You know what he showed me?  He showed me his cost of his brand new 2016 GT-H 6sp super charged car.  This was only 3 years ago.  The car that was being sold on the secondary market for $150,000 cost him what?..........  $67,000!!  Supply and demand, I get it.

So after two years of trying to buy a 16 GT-H executive car and a 16 rental car at a "fair" market price now we have the 19 GT-H which has no linage with the Hertz rental cars for $90,000 +/-.  Feels like another cash grab and a slap in the face to the loyal enthusiasts.

I know......boo hoo...... first world problems.  It is indeed a first world problem but it is still a problem😉.   Remember, I own an executive 2007 GT-H 5spd car which I freakin drove 36 hours to bring it home to Alberta, Canada from Oklahoma City.  I own a 68 GT500 which came from South Carolina.  I still own both cars and I still make it to the Vegas SAI museum several times a year along with attending the yearly SAAC conventions.  I......am.......certifiable..........Shelby........but........

I'm not sure anyone really cares but I am not sure Shelby cars are even reasonably or realistically priced.  Is it because the economy is ripping?  Probably.  Don't worry, I'm not buying a Dodge Demon, I bleed Ford blue and that is why a FGT is my latest endeavor and not a Dodge or a Corvette or a Ferrari or a Porsche......... I bought a Ford and I am damn proud of it!   I'm not trying to slam Shelby, I love Shelby, I'm just trying to........... vent........ I suppose.   It's not about the money, it's about perceived value.

QSS

You can’t use the supposed cost you saw on a Hertz invoice as a basis of a pricing complaint. I am sure that if you went out and bought 170 cars all in one shot like Hertz did then maybe Shelby would sell you a super chargered SGT for around $67,000 too.

Hertz pricing when they released the cars for sale to the public was Hertz’s blunder choice, not SAI’s choice. So it is in no way SAI’s fault in what Hertz chose to do. The market spoke and most of the cars sat rotting away on Hertz lots and it took them over 2 years to sell them all. In the process many enthusiasts feel Hertz damaged their own reputation and also hurt the value of the cars, especially the early buyers who paid the $150K, then $100K, then $75K,…… then $55k, then $50k, then $45k, then $39K when they finally sold the last dozen or so units. I would think SAI wasn’t too happy with Hertz doing such a move since the Shelby name was slathered all over the 2016 GTH Hertz vehicle and some people erroneously thought SAI had something to do with Hertz pricing strategy…….that is if you can actually call “backing in to a price point” a strategy, because it really isn’t.

You also complained about “perception of value” in another post. A Price is not Value. Price is what you pay, Value is what you get for what you pay. Look at it this way in terms of VALUE from SAI.

2007 SGT Normally Aspirated was 36,970 MSRP/319 HP= $115/HP

2109 SGT Normally Aspirated is 61,000 MSRP/480 HP=$127/HP

Ok so that looks like it HP cost more today. BUT, you did not adjust 2007 dollars for inflation which has averaged approximately 1.71% over the past 12 years for a total of approximately 22% inflation over 12 years. If you adjust the 2007 dollars to today’s dollars you actually paid  $140/HP in 2019 dollars for a 2007 SGT when you equalize the dollars. If you adjust the 2019 dollars back to 2007 dollars it comes out to only $104/HP for a 2019 SGT. So it is in no way fair or accurate to lambaste SAI on their pricing or value because they have actually been doing one hell of a job in providing more and more VALUE in terms of the HP you can buy for your money while containing costs.  SAI should not be lambasted, instead they should be commended for containing costs and providing more value in terms of cost per hp. Build quality, technology and ride quality are also much better today than 12 years ago……. so today the fact is you are getting way more for your money than what you did 12 years ago and that is why SAI continues to sell more cars as SAI Steven pointed out earlier.

Edited by mhr1961

9 hours ago, mhr1961 said:

You can’t use the supposed cost you saw on a Hertz invoice as a basis of a pricing complaint. I am sure that if you went out and bought 170 cars all in one shot like Hertz did then maybe Shelby would sell you a super chargered SGT for around $67,000 too.

Hertz pricing when they released the cars for sale to the public was Hertz’s blunder choice, not SAI’s choice. So it is in no way SAI’s fault in what Hertz chose to do. The market spoke and most of the cars sat rotting away on Hertz lots and it took them over 2 years to sell them all. In the process many enthusiasts feel Hertz damaged their own reputation and also hurt the value of the cars, especially the early buyers who paid the $150K, then $100K, then $75K,…… then $55k, then $50k, then $45k, then $39K when they finally sold the last dozen or so units. I would think SAI wasn’t too happy with Hertz doing such a move since the Shelby name was slathered all over the 2016 GTH Hertz vehicle and some people erroneously thought SAI had something to do with Hertz pricing strategy…….that is if you can actually call “backing in to a price point” a strategy, because it really isn’t.

You also complained about “perception of value” in another post. A Price is not Value. Price is what you pay, Value is what you get for what you pay. Look at it this way in terms of VALUE from SAI.

2007 SGT Normally Aspirated was 36,970 MSRP/319 HP= $115/HP

2109 SGT Normally Aspirated is 61,000 MSRP/480 HP=$127/HP

Ok so that looks like it HP cost more today. BUT, you did not adjust 2007 dollars for inflation which has averaged approximately 1.71% over the past 12 years for a total of approximately 22% inflation over 12 years. If you adjust the 2007 dollars to today’s dollars you actually paid  $140/HP in 2019 dollars for a 2007 SGT when you equalize the dollars. If you adjust the 2019 dollars back to 2007 dollars it comes out to only $104/HP for a 2019 SGT. So it is in no way fair or accurate to lambaste SAI on their pricing or value because they have actually been doing one hell of a job in providing more and more VALUE in terms of the HP you can buy for your money while containing costs.  SAI should not be lambasted, instead they should be commended for containing costs and providing more value in terms of cost per hp. Build quality, technology and ride quality are also much better today than 12 years ago……. so today the fact is you are getting way more for your money than what you did 12 years ago and that is why SAI continues to sell more cars as SAI Steven pointed out earlier.

I"m a math guy and I appreciate your use of numerical analysis.  I'll re-examine my thinking on this.   You make allot of good points.

QSS

On 5/2/2019 at 10:59 AM, MKW said:

I have a 2006 Shelby GT H and a 2016 GT H I like both of them but the 2016 is so much better than the 2006. The technology, ride and over all performance on the 2016 is way better than the 2006.

I like all Shelby's but the Hertz Shelby's are my favorite. 

You're correct.  The 2016 GT-H is so much better then the 06 and 07 GT-H cars.  I just want a stick without having to pay $150k for it.  

I know, dream on.

QSS

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Nice ride, should prolly post that baby in the GT350 section. This discussion is about the Shelby GT and Shelby GT-H (Heritage) section . Cool car though,  the dark grey looks nice on the newer body style. Congrats!

Edited by mhr1961

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

2019 SGTH:

I've tried for about 2 months to buy a 2019 GTH to no avail. These cars are marked up so it is ridiculously expensive and imo not worth it. They take a 401a package GT Mustang and put some half shafts and coolant tanks on it for $95k without a supercharger.
I offered $68k ($38k for the GT Mustang and $30995 retail price for the GTH package and they acted like I was trying to steal it). 
I think it is a nice looking car but for that type of coin you are now into Porsche territory. It is obvious these cars are not for Shelby enthusiasts any longer.... it is just about the Benjamin's. 

On 11/7/2019 at 7:08 PM, SWEDEMAN said:

2019 SGTH:

I've tried for about 2 months to buy a 2019 GTH to no avail. These cars are marked up so it is ridiculously expensive and imo not worth it. They take a 401a package GT Mustang and put some half shafts and coolant tanks on it for $95k without a supercharger.
I offered $68k ($38k for the GT Mustang and $30995 retail price for the GTH package and they acted like I was trying to steal it). 
I think it is a nice looking car but for that type of coin you are now into Porsche territory. It is obvious these cars are not for Shelby enthusiasts any longer.... it is just about the Benjamin's. 

Swede, it sounds like you are trying to buy one that a dealer already has on the lot? If so they probably are going to want a mark up. Cant see why they would try and hose you with a mark up  if you are ordering one. Have you tried sitting down with a different dealer and working up ordering one? I am about to start looking in to buying a 2019 or 2020 Shelby GT Convertible but probably wont start the process until January. Will post up what I find out if I get the time to visit a Ford dealer here in Dallas.