TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Barrett Jackson SGT stripe color code

15modracer

The color on the cobra style SGT/BJ scoop is an old Ford Colorado Red according to my paint shop.  I will go back and look through my e-mails from Bud to make sure. Not sure by the title of your post vs the actual posts if you are talking about scoop paint color or the actual stripe color.  When cutting new stripes you have to be careful, if they are not red enough they will look pinkish in color when applied over black paint on our cars.

I believe the guy that did my stripes called them a Chili Pepper Red 3M.  Buy the best brand high quality stripe you can afford.  Just my thoughts.

GG

Went back through my records from SAI Bud on an email dated 9/09/2009 and Bud states it is D3 Colorado Red - Brand Code is 5738.   His comment is this is what we used to paint the BJ/SGT Mustangs.  I restriped my Shelby and repainted hood scoop and attached it back with rivet nuts.   I own 2008 SGT/BJ CSM 2290, purchased new in Arizona and shipped to Arkansas.  

Good luck with your project.  I purchased a 2nd set of stripes for a rainy day.   Hope this helps,  GG

Edited by TAPD117
More Info

here is a post about the colors on mustang source. can't gaurantee the accuracy, but it does list some shops that provide stripes and mentions the color "Colorado Red"

https://themustangsource.com/forums/f732/barrett-jackson-shelby-gt-473051/index2/

Edited by mhr1961

Thank you guys, I really appreciate your help! I just bought this car and the hood stripes are terrible but I own a body shop so I'll strip them all off the top surfaces and the bumpers then paint them on. Mine is CSM#2262, bought it from a guy in New Jersey and I'm the third owner!

I have a spreadsheet on all the 100 BJ SGT Mustangs, send the last 5 of your vin and is coupe or vert.  I can tell you all options and original msrp.  you can pm if you don't want to post,

Been following our BJs for many years, lucked onto a original run sheet …………..

how bout some before and after pics.

GG

Edited by TAPD117
typo