TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2014 GT350 Upgrade

I'm a new member.  I am super excited about getting delivery of my new to me 2014 GT350 vert.  

The original owner opted for the 525hp supercharger.  Do any of you know if these can be upgraded by Shelby to the 624hp version and what that entails?  

I have called Shelby a few times and have not heard back from them.

s-l1600-10.jpg

41 minutes ago, jturnbow said:

I'm a new member.  I am super excited about getting delivery of my new to me 2014 GT350 vert.  

The original owner opted for the 525hp supercharger.  Do any of you know if these can be upgraded by Shelby to the 624hp version and what that entails?  

I have called Shelby a few times and have not heard back from them.

s-l1600-10.jpg

WOW man, that is sweet! Congrats! I like the silver and that shade of blue! It pops! :thumbsup:

Just a smaller supercharger pulley and tune will bump it up over 600HP.

Welcome to Team Shelby! 

• 3 weeks later...

I really like your new GT350...….I saw it for sale and wanted to buy it  ( it was a great deal)  but I don't have any garage space left!   I have a 14 GT350 fastback and it also has a 525hp  whipple   My advise is for you to drive it awhile before you make any changes.   My car has plenty of power and speed!   My personal opinion is that you decrease the future value of the Shelby cars if you modify them from stock.  What part of mississipi are you in?    Im in Mobile Alabama,  Enjoy your new Shelby!

I believe the supercharged convertibles were HP limited.  That doesn't mean you couldn't swap the pulley yourself, but remember Shelby American wouldn't do it for a reason.  If you buy the supercharger from Ford directly you will see the same restrictions.   It applied in 2008 when I got my Shelby GT convertibles done too.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!  

After further research it appears the Supercharged 2014 GT350 was available as 524HP with warranty or 624HP w/o warranty.   Shelby is checking with Whipple to see if they can still supply the pulley and tune to get it up to 624HP.  

I'm currently dealing with Auto Transport Companies trying to get this car delivered.   I was getting the runaround from one so switched to different one that came highly recommended.   

Once the car arrives I'll let everyone know my impressions.

@mnstang...... I changed the region in my profile to "other".  I'm actually in the mid-west (Missouri),  just South of Kansas City.   

• 2 weeks later...

Overland Park or Lee Summit?  Or rather not say.  

Enjoy the (fast) ride when you get it. You will find that five hundred plus ponies with the Shelby upgraded suspension will keep you running with a big grin.  Watch out for the Smokies when cruising, especially the on ramps to I-70.  Have fun!

5 hours ago, 66GT350PS said:

Overland Park or Lee Summit?  Or rather not say.  

Enjoy the (fast) ride when you get it. You will find that five hundred plus ponies with the Shelby upgraded suspension will keep you running with a big grin.  Watch out for the Smokies when cruising, especially the on ramps to I-70.  Have fun!

Sounds like you know the area fairly well.  I'm actually in the small town of Peculiar, MO.  It's about 20 miles South of Lees Summit.  And yes, I'll be on the lookout.  My first speeding ticket was the on ramp to I-70 heading back to Independence from Blue Springs.

Only speeding ticket ever got was Hwy 9 from Parkville to Riverside, north of KC.  6 mile chase in 35 mph zone.  Clocked doing 75-80 but got reduced fine since only fun sheriff had all week.  Was back in college days in 1968 in my 1967 Cougar XR7.  Sheriff very confused, and amused, over my Hawaii plates.  Loved the on ramps to I-70 back then too!   Good thing I didn't rent a 66 GT350H at the old KC airport downtown as I would not have been able to afford all the tickets.  Did do a few test drives though.  Now enjoying driving my 66 GT350 or 2011 GT350.  

That's a great story.  Wish I could say the same about the ticket situation.  I've probably had a half dozen or so.  Most of them when I was much younger.  I currently have a 2006 GTO with a Magnuson Supercharger.  I've been able to avoid tickets so far with it although I did get a warning.   I will likely be selling it once the Shelby gets here.  Congrats on having a 66 and 2011 GT350.  One of my dreams is to build a Tribute 66GT350.  My wife and daughter want me to buy or restore a 66 Mustang Convertible first though.  

Sounds like a fun project restoration for wife and daughter.  A great family project.  Wife and I restored her 65 red GT convertible but did simple mods of pulling the 4 speed for a 65 auto and put in power steering and power braking for the fornt disc.  All looks original and fools a few Mustang novices.

Hopefully you 2014 gets there before the cold and naster weather starts so you have a good deal of play time before making it a winter prisoner.  Trust me, because of its appearance and sound, you will get a lot of appreciation. :cool: